Post here your Elvis' pictures

Vegas or Tahoe 74?

Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

It's either or: it seems Voice is on some kind of platform making this Tahoe, as I can't see them using any platform in Vegas?

pic4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vegas or Tahoe 74?

Tue May 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:It's either or: it seems Voice is on some kind of platform making this Tahoe, as I can't see them using any platform in Vegas?

741000_Tahoe.jpg

Judging by the singer's appearance, and the mic, this was taken Oct 11, 13 or 14, 1974 at Del Webb's Sahara Tahoe.

One of the few known Octpber 1974 Tahoe photos not taken by super-fan Sue McCasland. Presley is wearing the Dragon suit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 29, 2013 7:44 pm

It's either or: it seems Voice is on some kind of platform making this Tahoe, as I can't see them using any platform in Vegas?

To me it looks more like September 2nd dinner Las Vegas, same hair as the black and white photos from the same show. I dont think it is a platform on the photo, only shadows and maybe some wires? Here are 8 mm from the same show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klbkdndODoc

:smt001

Wed May 29, 2013 7:53 pm

noone wrote:It's either or: it seems Voice is on some kind of platform making this Tahoe, as I can't see them using any platform in Vegas?

To me it looks more like September 2nd dinner Las Vegas, same hair as the black and white photos from the same show. I dont think it is a platform on the photo, only shadows and maybe some wires? Here are 8 mm from the same show:
phpBB [video]

Tahoe seems very likely. The mic used is different from the one he had in Las Vegas.

740901MS_Las Vegas.JPG
At the September 1, 1974 DS, Las Vegas Hilton
Image from elvisconcerts.com

Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Tahoe ....
don't see platform in vegas for "voice"

Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 am

i also thinks its vegas 74 and sept most specially
in they oct tour from lake tahoe he diddent wore they dragon suit anymore
he wore they sundial suit and king of spades
both suits known from 1977
he introducet both suits here in 1974
but the picture is nice
jan

Thu May 30, 2013 9:15 am

i also thinks its vegas 74 and sept most specially
he wore they sundial suit and king of spades
both suits known from 1977
he introducet both suits here in 1974
but the picture is nice
jan

Thu May 30, 2013 11:24 am

swagers wrote:i also thinks its vegas 74 and sept most specially

As we have verified photos from only three shows out of eight from this season , we don't know for sure whether he wore the dragon suit or not in Tahoe. Or have I missed something? :)

Thu May 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Scott - how sure you are you this isn't a shot from the Sept / Oct tour, rather than Tahoe?

It's hard to see on the image, but there seem to be people sat behind Voice, possibly some binoculars reflecting etc. Voice definitely had a small platform for some of those tour shows, and I can't tell much of a difference in the Mic from the October tour.

I agree the home movie of Vegas shows for sure Voice didn't have a platform there, so Vegas is out.

Thu May 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Perhaps I misunderstood, but he wore the Dragon suit i Dayton, october 6 1974.

Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm

thats correct but the second tahoe tour was after they concert tour in october
this was extra there he missed concerts true ilness in may

Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Scott - how sure you are you this isn't a shot from the Sept / Oct tour, rather than Tahoe?

I'm never sure of anything, I'm usually making conjectures... :)
However, you can tell that Voice is wearing blue pants and white shirts, and if it were a tour show, the only possibilities would be either South Bend Oct 1 or Detroit Oct 4, and in neither of those shows do I see a platform for Voice...

Thu May 30, 2013 6:02 pm

It took me two days to see the platform...I neen glasses. :oops: The platform is very similair to Lake Tahoe, so I think you are right Scott. It looks like the photo was shoot from back stage, wonder who it was.

Thu May 30, 2013 9:25 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Scott - how sure you are you this isn't a shot from the Sept / Oct tour, rather than Tahoe?

It's hard to see on the image, but there seem to be people sat behind Voice, possibly some binoculars reflecting etc. Voice definitely had a small platform for some of those tour shows, and I can't tell much of a difference in the Mic from the October tour.

I agree the home movie of Vegas shows for sure Voice didn't have a platform there, so Vegas is out.

They are not binoculars, it is the quality of the photo.

Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 pm

noone wrote:It took me two days to see the platform...I neen glasses. :oops: The platform is very similair to Lake Tahoe, so I think you are right Scott. It looks like the photo was shoot from back stage, wonder who it was.

More accurately, the photo appears to have been taken stage left, from someone allowed backstage.

Thu May 30, 2013 9:48 pm

Personally I think it's an image from South Bend and the ' Voice Platform ' is an optical illusion and that they are still level with the stage. The only discrepancy is that some of the members of Voice are wearing white boots in the first photo whereas at least one member is wearing black boots in the second photo....so I don't know, were members of Voice accustomed to wearing different coloured boots on the same night?
Last edited by AlohaEagle on Thu May 30, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:Personally I think it's a reversed image from South Bend and the ' Voice Platform ' is an optical illusion and that they are still level with the stage.

Actually, it's your South Bend photo that is reversed: the Voice were always to stage left...and Elvis' guitar is all wrong, also. :)

Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
AlohaEagle wrote:Personally I think it's a reversed image from South Bend and the ' Voice Platform ' is an optical illusion and that they are still level with the stage.

Actually, it's your South Bend photo that is reversed: the Voice were always to stage left...and Elvis' guitar is all wrong, also. :)

Yes, both images are reversed, but Voice was always positioned stage right at an Elvis Presley show.

Stage (theatre) - Stage terminology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stage_%28theatre%29#Stage_terminology

Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok then, so if we re-reverse the images...are we not agreed that it's probably South Bend anyway going on the comparisons of both photos and the fact that Voice were stage left for that gig...or were they stage left at Tahoe too?

Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:...are we not agreed that it's probably South Bend anyway going on the comparisons of both photos and the fact that Voice were stage left for that gig...or were they stage left at Tahoe too?

As noted, they were always stage right at an Elvis Presley show.

My feeling is still that the shot is from Tahoe in October 1974, as fully detailed in my initial reply.