Post here your Elvis' pictures

Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 am

Image

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 9:34 am

:smt007 Wait till ian sees this one! :smt007

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 1:20 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
484770_609799145697575_404420171_n.jpg


"It was not a good night."
- Bruce Springsteen, after seeing Elvis at the Spectrum on 5-28-1977
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Philly 5-28-77 AND '76

Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

More pictures (screengrabs from 8mm footage) from the year before;
The spectrum 1.jpg

the spectrum 2.jpg

the spectrum 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
484770_609799145697575_404420171_n.jpg


"It was not a good night."
- Bruce Springsteen, after seeing Elvis at the Spectrum on 5-28-1977


Bruce was clued up enough to remark it was not a good night, rather than dismissing the whole year.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 pm

pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
484770_609799145697575_404420171_n.jpg


"It was not a good night."
- Bruce Springsteen, after seeing Elvis at the Spectrum on 5-28-1977


Bruce was clued up enough to remark it was not a good night, rather than dismissing the whole year.


No, Springsteen's remark was diplomatic, and deferential. It was obvious this was not a one night, "bump in the road."

Long-time, hard-core fans who were also at this show -- some of whom are members here -- had the exact same feeling. And the exact same sense of dread.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I'd still rather have seen one 'bad' Elvis concert that none at all.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Tony.. wrote:I'd still rather have seen one 'bad' Elvis concert that none at all.


Good or bad, either way you'd be crying. ;-)

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
484770_609799145697575_404420171_n.jpg


"It was not a good night."
- Bruce Springsteen, after seeing Elvis at the Spectrum on 5-28-1977


Bruce was clued up enough to remark it was not a good night, rather than dismissing the whole year.


No, Springsteen's remark was diplomatic, and deferential. It was obvious this was not a one night, "bump in the road."

Long-time, hard-core fans who were also at this show -- some of whom are members here -- had the exact same feeling. And the exact same sense of dread.


do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 pm

pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, Springsteen's remark was diplomatic, and deferential. It was obvious this was not a one night, "bump in the road."

Long-time, hard-core fans who were also at this show -- some of whom are members here -- had the exact same feeling. And the exact same sense of dread.


do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.


Here are two hints:

Greybeard wrote:I was at this show and he was not in good shape at all. Very sad memories of this show.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58600&p=865298#p865298
Greybeard wrote:... it was a shock to see how far he had fallen by February 1977. In fact, by the time I saw him last in Philadelphia that year I wondered if I could actually endure another concert with him in the shape he was in by then.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74269&p=1117622#p1117622

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:No, Springsteen's remark was diplomatic, and deferential. It was obvious this was not a one night, "bump in the road."

Long-time, hard-core fans who were also at this show -- some of whom are members here -- had the exact same feeling. And the exact same sense of dread.


do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.


Here are two hints:

Greybeard wrote:I was at this show and he was not in good shape at all. Very sad memories of this show.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58600&p=865298#p865298
Greybeard wrote:... it was a shock to see how far he had fallen by February 1977. In fact, by the time I saw him last in Philadelphia that year I wondered if I could actually endure another concert with him in the shape he was in by then.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74269&p=1117622#p1117622



do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 10:32 pm

pingpong wrote:do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.


I have no idea what you are asking about.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 11:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.


I have no idea what you are asking about.


then you have inadvertently answered my question. Thank you.

Re: Philly 5-28-77

Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 pm

pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
pingpong wrote:do you have these quotes from that time? I would love to read them.


I have no idea what you are asking about.


then you have inadvertently answered my question. Thank you.


If you are speaking of fans discussing on May 29, 1977 the kind of things Greybeard said, yes, they did do that. But they didn't go and immediately publish their thoughts, and it's positively stupid to believe any would have made public their concerns while Elvis was living.

However, if you bother to look at some of the books published after Elvis died -- "from that time" -- you will read anecdotes that speak to this, and the sense of helplessness many felt. How could they do anything, when they do not even know the man personally?

You can also PM Greybeard -- who was "from that time," on many levels -- and if you're not too rude, or too much of a nutjob, he might elaborate at what is intimated in those FECC posts I quoted.

The truth is out there. Good luck!