Post here your Elvis' pictures

Dorsey Super 8 for sale

Mon May 27, 2013 8:32 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-SHOW-600-ELVIS-PRESLEY-GLENN-DERRINGER-SUPER-8MM-MOVIE-B-W-WITH-SOUND-/230984722891?pt=US_Film&hash=item35c7c329cb

MAY 29 2013 WHEN THE BID ENDS!!

Super 8mm w/ sound film of what appears to be the Jan 28 Dorsey show.

Re: Dorsey Super 8 for sale

Mon May 27, 2013 11:57 pm

had a copy of this film- its a version that was commonly available in the 60's & 70's. It pales in comparison to the version that LIVE FEED created a few years back-- these would have been THE reference copies had the Gleason Estate got on board with the project as the Sullivan folks had done.

This is no doubt a complete or nearly complete episode. Nothing really interesting except for the Elvis portions though. The price is fair on this auction at this point.

just my opinion.

Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 am

I'm curious to see if anyone has a/more than one LiveFeed release to share. I know it may seem unfair for the person who actually bought it, but many people including myself would be eager to see them, whether posted on Vimeo, MediaFire, or e-mail. Anyone?

Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 am

I understand your point emshicks321- but to do so would probably sabotage anything that may start back up again in the future concerning these projects. Many people did indeed purchase those few downloads- but to repost them in a "free" file sharing or viewing site would open the door to massive copying and possible pirating of those clips. It's the curse of the web really.

Those of us who did purchase consider the creator a friend and respect their efforts.

We would do nothing to jeopardize any possible future work on those historic shows- even though nothing seems in the works at this date.

Tue May 28, 2013 3:51 am

Greybeard wrote:I understand your point emshicks321- but to do so would probably sabotage anything that may start back up again in the future concerning these projects. Many people did indeed purchase those few downloads- but to repost them in a "free" file sharing or viewing site would open the door to massive copying and possible pirating of those clips. It's the curse of the web really.

Those of us who did purchase consider the creator a friend and respect their efforts.

We would do nothing to jeopardize any possible future work on those historic shows- even though nothing seems in the works at this date.

And it does seem the rest of us fans will be waiting along time if infact we ever do see such a release.

Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 am

Yes, I would buy those LiveFeed videos if they were still available on their website. NO DOUBT. Well, i do have every Elvis portion from a VHS source...and in pretty decent video quality. But I don't have the software to do much with it. I would like to share it with the community, not in it's entirety, but just enough to get an Idea and maybe a little enjoyment. I have always had a particular liking for these shows. How should I do this?