Post here your Elvis' pictures

18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:03 am

18th September 1974

Image

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 am

Great new candid to my eyes, in Linda's Pantera....thanks very much for posting Matt.

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Matt Ashton wrote:18th September 1974


New for my eyes. Thanks for sharing Matt Ashton :)

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 pm

What kind of hat is Elvis wearing? It looks strange - another turban or a tea cosy?

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Garfield wrote:What kind of hat is Elvis wearing? It looks strange - another turban or a tea cosy?



It does seem odd, almost like a flat cap

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:55 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:It does seem odd, almost like a flat cap

That also crossed my mind.
Last edited by Garfield on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

The hat does seem a bit odd :shock:

Re: 18th September 1974

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 pm

I have 3 others, and the photo you posted at the link below. Where did you get the 1974 date from for the last photo Matt?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... low75.html

Re: 18th September 1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:18 am

paulsweeney wrote:I have 3 others, and the photo you posted at the link below. Where did you get the 1974 date from for the last photo Matt?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... low75.html


Hi Paul, I did a trade with Kenny some years ago and that was the date on the photo, perhaps there has been an update??

Re: 18th September 1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 am

Matt Ashton wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:I have 3 others, and the photo you posted at the link below. Where did you get the 1974 date from for the last photo Matt?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... low75.html


Hi Paul, I did a trade with Kenny some years ago and that was the date on the photo, perhaps there has been an update??


Thanks. It a different day for sure, I just didn't think it was from 1974.

Re: 18th September 1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:39 am

George Klein was at Graceland one afternoon and commented on the Pantera sitting around in the back driveway. He asked Elvis about it and Elvis was apparently annoyed at the car at the time. It had quit on him driving in Memphis [It had a Ford engine!] and he had someone pick him up and drive him back to Graceland, and left the car on the side of the road. Even after it was returned to Graceland, they were unable to get it started again ... Now ... as Elvis is standing there relating this story to George he pulls out a handgun and shoots the car ... and it starts up and runs.

Myrna Smith: 'I will never forget a hair-raising spin around Memphis in his little yellow Pantera. He was a great driver but I knew he was trying to scare me. He thought it was funny'. When they finally schreeched to a stop in Graceland's driveway, Elvis completed the 'shock treatment' by pulling out a gun and shooting the dashboard as he castigated the car for not running right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 18th September 1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 pm

Thank you for the stories along with the bullet hole picture.

Re: 18th September 1974

Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm

No worries Matt, thanks again for a great candid