Post here your Elvis' pictures

Augusta 1956

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:02 am

Brian Quinn has posted an interesting link (for once :D ) and it has some photos from Augusta 56. Not sure if they have posted before, I think one was published onTeenage Hero book.

Here it's the source
http://chronicle.augusta.com/things-do/ ... certs-bell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Francesc on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Augusta 1956

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:23 am

Great photos. bripet56 can probably confirm if these are "new" to our jaded eyes. They sure seem to be!

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 am

Man, those are some cool photos. I´ve seen only the first one before.
The second one is an alternate to the one that was published in the newspaper and the last one is all new to me.
By the way, the photos are not from August 1956 as you wrote in your text. Probably just a writing error.
They´re from Augusta, Ga., June 27, 1956.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Wonderful photos!! :smt007 Thank you very much for the link, Francesc!
As Brian said, the photos are from June 27. The second is totally new to me, and #1 and #3 are not new, but better quality.
About #3, i remember we have a discution here, some time ago, and the final date was June 25 Savannah, but now we know the real date, June 27 Augusta.

But what about below photo? The mic and the clothes looks the same (Elvis' shirt looks black, but i'm not sure) and the audience looks the same, band clothes looks the same...
What is the real date? In Savannah he had 2 shows, in Augusta only one. Maybe the #3 photo (first post) is from Savannah?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Yes Brian I meant Augusta not August :facep:

Hilton: your photo seems to be from the same concert too.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Wonderful photos!! :smt007 Thank you very much for the link, Francesc!
As Brian said, the photos are from June 27. The second is totally new to me, and #1 and #3 are not new, but better quality.
About #3, i remember we have a discution here, some time ago, and the final date was June 25 Savannah, but now we know the real date, June 27 Augusta.

But what about below photo? The mic and the clothes looks the same (Elvis' shirt looks black, but i'm not sure) and the audience looks the same, band clothes looks the same...
What is the real date? In Savannah he had 2 shows, in Augusta only one. Maybe the #3 photo (first post) is from Savannah?

:facep: :oops: Man, how could I forget about that discussion. I only looked at June 27 and undated photos and the concert photo was not among those so it had to be new.
Well, at least it was in much better quality than the one we had.

So now we have to decide whether the two concert photos are from Savannah or Augusta. Augusta would be the most logic choice. Why did we decide on Savannah for those photos? Anyone remember?

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
(latest update: April 7, 2013)

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 pm

I have no problem with Savannah or Augusta, i just want to put these damn photos in the right folder and leave there. :lol:

The only thing that bothers me is the Elvis' shirt, in one photo is white (or something) and in other photo is dark.
- In Savannah we have two shows, in Augusta only one.
- These two photos are from the same venue/date, like Francesc said, all the elements are the same, all but Elvis' shirt.
- Of course, may be the same shirt and maibe just looks darker becouse a shadow or becouse the photo quality, i don't know.
- But usually, when Elvis had two concerts on the same day, he change the shirt and the coat, too.
- Becouse the photo appear on Augusta paper, i think they took the photo from their archives of the concert.

So...Augusta or Savannah? I vote for Augusta, but let's wait the experts. :?

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 am

No expert here since I didn't even notice about the shirt.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 am

This is the old photo, much more darker, but the color of the shirt is clear here.