Post here your Elvis' pictures

The Colonel; Jack Lord & Jack's Wife @ Aloha!

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Elvis-Aloha From Hawaii 202.jpg
Here's the picture. I was kinda hoping it might give us an idea of where Jack was sitting during the performance in the arena.

And for the record, Elvis also used "cue cards" during, "Welcome To My World".

Here are the orchestra members for the Aloha show:

Joe Guercio was Elvis's conductor and musical director and, with a few exceptions, the orchestra consisted of local musicians contracted for this particular engagement. Brass players were Patrick Houston, Thomas Porrello, Gary Grant and Forrest Buchtel (trumpets); Leslie Benedict and William Barton (trombones); Martin Harrell (bass trombone); and David Baptist (French horn). Saxophonists were Gabriel Baltazar, Jr., Robert Winn, Peter Dovidio, Wayne Dunstan and Mary Taylor, with Baltazar and Taylor also playing flute. Violinist Bertine Corimby, who performed with Elvis at the Las Vegas Hilton, headed the 12-piece string section, the rest of whom were musicians from the Honolulu Symphony Orchestra: Dale Bechtel, Marianne Fleece, Louise Solmssen, Arthur Loventhal, Mervin Whitcomb, Heidi McCole and Carol Shive (violins); Betty Deeg and Diana Mallery (violas); and William Konney and Beverly LeBeck (cellos). Rounding out the orchestra were Frank Strazzeri (Hammond organ) and Dean Appleman (percussion?). Houston, Porrello, Harrell and Strazzeri had toured with Elvis in 1972 and were brought to Hawaii for the show, as were Buchtel and Corimby. Harvey Ragsdale was the Hawaiian contractor who hired local musicians for the orchestra.

Courtesy of RareElvisPresley.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Colonel; Jack Lord & Jack's Wife @ Aloha!

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Ty Tony for ya post - here another pic yu may like - enjoy all :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 pm

karlos wrote:Ty Tony for ya post - here another pic yu may like - enjoy all :D

Thanks, Karlos. I've seen that one before.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:44 am

Tony Trout wrote:... I've seen that one before.[/i][/b]

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ord73.html :)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:25 pm

He was definitely sitting in the chair on the floor mystery solved!!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

promiseland wrote:He was definitely sitting in the chair on the floor mystery solved!!

True, he and his wife both had floor seating in the arena but....where?? The reason I'm bringing this up is because someone on here (not me) had asked where Jack and his wife may have been sitting (and it looks like in that photo that they are about to get into a pretty heated discussion with Parker about something....

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:43 am

Tony Trout wrote:
promiseland wrote:He was definitely sitting in the chair on the floor mystery solved!!

True, he and his wife both had floor seating in the arena but....where?? The reason I'm bringing this up is because someone on here (not me) had asked where Jack and his wife may have been sitting (and it looks like in that photo that they are about to get into a pretty heated discussion with Parker about something....

Maybe the colonel promised them front row and they ended up with the cheap seats. :shock: