Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis & Jerome "Stump" Monroe?? What Date?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Elvis Pictures 3869.jpg
Can anybody give me a date for this picture and is that Jerome Monroe with Elvis??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis & Jerome "Stump" Monroe?? What Date?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Elvis Pictures 3869.jpg
Can anybody give me a date for this picture and is that Jerome Monroe with Elvis??

Nope, that's not Jerome Monroe. It's Gregory Gaskin, guitarist with The Sweet Inspirations.

Sorry, I don't have the exact date and there is a photo taken the same day of Elvis with Jerome. I don't have time to post at the moment, I'm sure someone else will.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

jon_burrows wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Elvis Pictures 3869.jpg

Nope, that's not Jerome Monroe. It's Gregory Gaskin, guitarist with The Sweet Inspirations.

Sorry, I don't have the exact date and there is a photo taken the same day of Elvis with Jerome. I don't have time to post at the moment, I'm sure someone else will.

Thanks! I appreciate the info! :)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 am

jon_burrows wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Elvis Pictures 3869.jpg

...................................................................................................................
its not Jerome Monroe but Gregory Gaskin
who was a guitarist for Sweet Inspirations -
..........................................................................................
Some state he was a drummer for Elvis when Ronnie Tutt
was absent by being ill -
The pic is from Elvis Vegas stint taken backstage in 'August '70 .
I believe he was a drummer - for Elvis -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 am

karlos wrote:Some state he was a drummer for Elvis when Ronnie Tutt
The pic is from Elvis Vegas stint taken backstage in '70 .

No, it is a fact that Jerome "Stump" Monroe filled in for Ronnie Tutt on at least three occasions, in 1971, 1975 and 1977. He was the drummer in the Sweet Inspirations rhythm section. The both posted photos were taken in late August 1970, backstage at the International Hotel in Las Vegas. Elvis has his arm on Monroe's shoulder in the second one.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
karlos wrote:Some state he was a drummer for Elvis when Ronnie Tutt
The pic is from Elvis Vegas stint taken backstage in '70 .

No, it is a fact that Jerome "Stump" Monroe filled in for Ronnie Tutt on at least three occasions, in 1971, 1975 and 1977. He was the drummer in the Sweet Inspirations rhythm section.
The both posted photos were taken in late August 1970, backstage at the International Hotel in Las Vegas.
Elvis has his arm around Monroe in the second one.

Ty for verifying this Doc -
on my pic files it states
its Gregory Gaskin - Now I know
I thought so too it was Jerome Monroe -
Ty so much Doc ::rocks
:smt007

So Its deffo Jerome Monroe n Not Gregory Gaskin -

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

Gaskin is a different black musician, yes.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Gaskin is a different black musician, yes.

Ty Doc for answering my query -God Bles yu -