Post here your Elvis' pictures

Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:45 am

Image
Hey, guys.
Could you give me a right date/year for this pic?
Thanks! :)

Re: Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:55 am

douglasvcampos wrote:Image
Hey, guys.
Could you give me a right date/year for this pic?
Thanks! :)


It's from early summer 1957 in Memphis, with musician Charlie Roach.

http://rcs-discography.com/rcs/csrch.php?type=artist&key=Roach,%20Charlie
http://www.allmusic.com/album/original-tennessee-rockin-vol-1-mw0000439099


The photo was first published here:


Image

Long Lonely Highway: A pictorial coverage of a rock-Odyssey through 1950s America (Amsterdam: Tutti Frutti Prod.,1985)

Re: Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
douglasvcampos wrote:Image
Hey, guys.
Could you give me a right date/year for this pic?
Thanks! :)


It's from early summer 1957 in Memphis, with musician Charlie Roach.

http://rcs-discography.com/rcs/csrch.php?type=artist&key=Roach,%20Charlie
http://www.allmusic.com/album/original-tennessee-rockin-vol-1-mw0000439099


The photo was first published here:


Image

Long Lonely Highway: A pictorial coverage of a rock-Odyssey through 1950s America (Amsterdam: Tutti Frutti Prod.,1985)


Thanks a lot, Doc!! :)

Re: Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:21 pm

Right now there is a debate in the ELVIS PICTURES group on facebook concerning the identity of the man beside Elvis. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater I would like to know more about him. Unfortunately, Google was not helpful at all when I tried to find information about a white musician named Charlie Roach.

Doctor Carpenter, would you be so kind and tell me, tell us more? Another photo of Charlie Roach would also be great. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:03 am

Red Cat wrote:Right now there is a debate in the ELVIS PICTURES group on facebook concerning the identity of the man beside Elvis. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater I would like to know more about him. Unfortunately, Google was not helpful at all when I tried to find information about a white musician named Charlie Roach.

Doctor Carpenter, would you be so kind and tell me, tell us more? Another photo of Charlie Roach would also be great. Many thanks in advance.


You may want to investigate the label Charlie Roach formed in Jackson a few years later, called Westwood Records.

Westwood [Jackson, TN] - Label Discography
http://www.45cat.com/label/westwood-jackson-tn

Re: Correct Date, 1950s Candid

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Thank you very much drjohncarpenter. (y) :-)