Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: My new website

Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:45 am

egilj wrote:Fantastic website with articles I've never read and pictures I've never seen showing up every week. I have two questions about dates. I have some doubts about the pic used for August 1973. I think it's from February as he looks quite slim in the different pics from this occation. One of them is with Khang Ree who according to Guralnick was in Vegas in February. Of course he could have been there in August as well, but the February visit is documented.

The other question is on the pic used for December 1971. December can't be ruled out, but I think it's a little too early for the delivering of the poem for Lisa's birthday. As Graceland is not visibly decorated for christmas, except for a lttle christmas tree on the table, my guess would be around his 37th birthday.

I would agree with both of these suggestions.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:37 pm

egilj wrote:Fantastic website with articles I've never read and pictures I've never seen showing up every week. I have two questions about dates. I have some doubts about the pic used for August 1973. I think it's from February as he looks quite slim in the different pics from this occation. One of them is with Khang Ree who according to Guralnick was in Vegas in February. Of course he could have been there in August as well, but the February visit is documented.

The other question is on the pic used for December 1971. December can't be ruled out, but I think it's a little too early for the delivering of the poem for Lisa's birthday. As Graceland is not visibly decorated for christmas, except for a lttle christmas tree on the table, my guess would be around his 37th birthday.

Thanks egilj, I´m glad you like my website.

I have chosen the August 1973 photo due to the fact that Elvis wears the same cross around his neck as he did in other photos from August 1973 in Las Vegas. He also wore the cross on July 1, 1973 in Nashville.

As for the December 1971 photo, we´ve had a discussion on here some time ago and I believe we agreed upon December 1971 for that photo.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 pm

I am glad to announce that I have just added a new section called "Vintage Magazines" to my website.

Our honoured member, The fool, has agreed to let me put his scanned magazine articles up on my website and I can assure you that there will be many new additions in the near future.
Most of the articles are from 1950s magazines but also articles from the 60s and 70s will be added if they contain interesting photos or stories.

I will of course continue add my own new pages to my website in a steady stream.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Cool. Good move for the fool. It should have a URl of its own though, additionally.
and if you don't mind me saying so again, you should get another more easily recognizable descriptive domain name to link to yours.

PS. Is it an oversite or intentional that each row displays the same covers left to right? also, "1978 forward" lists as updated May 22, 2013 but has no link.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks for your comments James.
I am waiting to hear from one.com (where I have my website) to see how it works with another domain to link to my website or maybe I´ll have to move my website to an entirely new domain.

I simply didn´t have enough covers to make a special photo for each year but The fool sent me a lot of covers yesterday so now I´ve made some changes and each year has its own cover, from that specific year and I´ve tried to have as many different countries represented in the covers. Also, on this page it´s possible to enlarge the photo by clicking it and to get to the magazines from a specific year you´ll simply click on the year.

Hope it looks better now :)

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 am

Now that's awesome...
http://brian56.dk/vintage-magazines-3/index.html

Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

bripet56 wrote:Thanks for your comments James.
I am waiting to hear from one.com (where I have my website) to see how it works with another domain to link to my website or maybe I´ll have to move my website to an entirely new domain.

I simply didn´t have enough covers to make a special photo for each year but The fool sent me a lot of covers yesterday so now I´ve made some changes and each year has its own cover, from that specific year and I´ve tried to have as many different countries represented in the covers. Also, on this page it´s possible to enlarge the photo by clicking it and to get to the magazines from a specific year you´ll simply click on the year.

Hope it looks better now :)

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Looks great.
Theoretically you shouldn't have to change anything with your provider. Your current site can stay the way it is and whoever you register a new domain with should be able to just redirect it to any link you provide. For example I now have scottymoore.com registered at godaddy.com and if you click on it it redirects you to scottymoore.net which is registered and hosted by someone else. There's not really any limits either, you could have for example brianselviscorner.com and/or elviscorner.com and redirect it/them to brian56.dk. The only cost should be the $8 or more a year to own the new domain.

however, if you do decide to go the route of rehosting to a new domain make sure you retain the old domain for awhile and redirect that to the new one.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks James, I´ll contact you on email very shortly.

I just added the first 12 of 30 photos from the November 1970 family photo session to my website.
More to follow very soon.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Latest update is from April 1959.
Enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 am

bripet56 wrote:Latest update is from April 1959.
Enjoy.

Looks good! That little four year-old boy is now 58 years old!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Latest update is from April 1959.
Enjoy.

Looks good! That little four year-old boy is now 58 years old!

Thanks Doc. Ain´t it funny how time slips away :)

Just added two more vintage magazines from the collection of The fool.
All in big size.
Next up will be a page from the 1960s.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 am

Just added a review from the show in Buffalo on April 5, 1972 to the existing website.
Also put in two more photos on April 29, 1973.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

Feel free to use the other newspaper review from Buffalo, if you want of course.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press173.htm

:lol:

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Francesc wrote:Feel free to use the other newspaper review from Buffalo, if you want of course.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press173.htm

:lol:

Cool, thanks so much. I´ll add it as soon as possible.
It´s always great to have more than one review from the shows.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Just added a page from 1967.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Today I added a page from June 1977, two new vintage magazines, two new links and updated the March 1974 page so all the photos can now be enlarged.

Hope you all enjoy the additions.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 pm

bripet56 wrote:Today I added a page from June 1977, two new vintage magazines, two new links and updated the March 1974 page so all the photos can now be enlarged.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

If you want to add this, to the 1977 newspaper review

For devoted fans, "It's Now Or Never" was how they felt
by Deb Gray
Lincoln Star
June 21, 1977

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:41 pm

bripet56 wrote:Today I added a page from June 1977, two new vintage magazines, two new links and updated the March 1974 page so all the photos can now be enlarged.

Your additions are always enjoyed - and looked forward to! :)
Here's that 1977 review as it originally appeared with the (slightly enhanced) original photos:

ramirez2.jpg
ramirez1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Thanks Francesc, I didn´t know which newspaper the review came from.

Thanks Scott for the photo that came along with the review.
I didn´t have that either. I updated the page with the photo, so thanks a lot.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Latest addition to my website is a page from May 1956.

Hope you enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Your site is going to be one hell of a (complete) journey through Elvis' life once it grows. I hope you have the energy to keep going as it's looking super nice so far.

Well done!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:58 pm

onelove wrote:Your site is going to be one hell of a (complete) journey through Elvis' life once it grows. I hope you have the energy to keep going as it's looking super nice so far.

Well done!

Thanks so much, I´m glad you like my website and I promise that I will keep on going and keep adding new pages at a weekly basis.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Back again after 4 weeks vacation.

Due to our discussion about Nov/Dec 1968 I made two new pages.
One from November and one from December 1968.

I´m not completely comfortable with the dates as we have the December photos as being from Monday December 2, 1968 and the story tells that
It looked as though someone was packing for a trip. As time passed by, it was obvious that Elvis was preparing to go somewhere.

Since it was a Monday Elvis would be busy filming "Trouble with Girls" so a more likely date would be November 30 and Elvis going to Palm Springs for the weekend.
However, I´ve kept the December 2 date and put a November 29 date on the November photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am

I just added a new page, this time from October 1957 and on Sunday I will add the first page from 1976.

So with the one I added yesterday there will be a new page from the 50s, the 60s and the 70s.

Enjoy!

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Great pages, thank you very much for that!
About October 57 page, here's an interview with Penny Banner:

http://www.glorywrestling.com/News/20040831.asp