Post here your Elvis' pictures

THIS PHOTO IS PUZZLING TO ME

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 pm

I found a magazine on Ebay called HEP CATS MAGAZINE featuring Elvis from 1956. I'd seen this magazine for sale...many times before but never saw the colored picture (attached) which was displayed by the seller. Does anyone know if this photo actually exists in the original copy? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THIS PHOTO IS PUZZLING TO ME

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 pm

IIRC, it's Elvis getting a trim by the Paramount barber before starting "G.I. Blues." It may have gone out over the AP news wire at the time.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks Doc...it did seem strange that the seller included this photo as part of the photo display for the magazine...with no mention of this being an extra photo added. I'm glad that you could identify the photo. :)

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Here are a few more.

The photos were taken at Paramount in late April 1960. Director Norman Taurog is the man with the glasses.

220g.jpg

gal60s326.jpg

various2060s2082.jpg

Also see this topic -->
The G.I. Blues Recording Sessions (Scrapbook)
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50075
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks for the extra photos. I wonder if someone scooped up the hair clippings & sold 'em to a collector. Of course there wasn't anything like Ebay in those days.