Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 pm

The fool wrote:
greggers wrote:I ran across these w/ Rudy Vallee from Live A Little, Love A Little, and can't tell if they're on-set or photo shoot, since the movie has scenes with photo shoots! lol

I have raised this same question before. Elvis wears the white turtleneck and the black suit that he wears in other PR shots. I firmly believe these are from the photo shoot. But that is just my opinion.

I'm with ya! I think they are, too. Ones that are from the film sets, even the "photo shoot" sets, just look different.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:03 am

The fool wrote:
greggers wrote:I ran across these w/ Rudy Vallee from Live A Little, Love A Little, and can't tell if they're on-set or photo shoot, since the movie has scenes with photo shoots! lol

I have raised this same question before. Elvis wears the white turtleneck and the black suit that he wears in other PR shots. I firmly believe these are from the photo shoot. But that is just my opinion.

this is a promo for the movie and should be in the folder....
mr.vallee with his megaphone is a reference to his early appearances ..cause it was a trademark
those were made for promotional purposes in the photo studio...no doubt about it...

these are not on-set pics ...besides...they are staged....
and no, they are not from the movie itself
they are from a photo studio and therefore promos

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:09 am

You already have this one. But this is a little bigger. And it was too big for my scanner. This is from an old Japanese magazine. Maybe you can use these two separate scans to make them one bigger picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 am

From the same huge Japanese magazine. You already have this in b&w.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:26 am

From the same Japanese magazine... Just a little bit bigger, although I can´t scan the whole photo.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:15 am

The fool wrote:Your poster photo is a little bigger, but this is better quality. From the August 1997 issue of New Country magazine.

I always loved this picture. Thanks again The fool!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:34 am

This is new. I wish I could scan the whole photo, but this is a two-page poster in this big-size Japanese magazine. Elvis is holding his hands together in this photo.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 am

New. From the same Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 am

New, from a(nother) 1977 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:58 am

Bigger. This is the same as your "girlsgirlsgirls023" photo. Unfortunately, it´s on two different pages of this 1977 Japanese magazine. But it is bigger.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 am

You already have this, and in color. But here is a little bigger (uncropped) version of this photo, from another 1977 Japanese magazine.
Last edited by The fool on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 am

Is this a new one for us?

999712_554455251284077_376655083_n.jpg

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 am

New. From this same 1977 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:42 am

New. From yet another 1977 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 am

New. From this same 1977 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:12 am

This one I have already given you before as a magazine cover, and in color. Here´s the same photo, in b&w, from a 1977 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am

Fun in Acapulco. Better quality. I posted this yesterday from another magazine. Now I´m sorry, but I just found this in a 1963 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:35 am

Better. From the 1963 Japanese magazine.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am

And here is the cover of that 1963 Japanese magazine. A new photo.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:19 am

A litte bigger and better quality. From a Japanese book.
Last edited by The fool on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:27 am

Better quality. From a Japanese book.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 am

In color. From a Japanese book.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks, "The fool". We've gone through pretty much all your shots and added the majority in - we also added the LALLAL (Vallee) shots discussed earlier in the topic although something still doesn't seem right with them. We used to have them in the folders, then deleted them, but now they're back in (...for now).

Also, if you feel there are some shots too big for your scanner, you can scan them in two/three separate parts and that's all you have to do. You can leave the puzzle to us - we'll try to fix them together.

Thanks for your (as well as everyone elses) hard work and enthusiasm - it's cool to see all these photos together. Definitely gives a whole new life for them.

--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/

ihatwf-gr9.jpg

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:11 pm

onelove wrote:Thanks, "The fool". We've gone through pretty much all your shots and added the majority in - we also added the LALLAL (Vallee) shots discussed earlier in the topic although something still doesn't seem right with them. We used to have them in the folders, then deleted them, but now they're back in]

why not?

where and why are your doubts that the pics with rudy vallee are true promo pics?

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

I just got this magazine Silver Screen Annual 1957, so here is a bigger photo from the cover.