Post here your Elvis' pictures

Identification, please?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:28 am

Folks, I'm gong to have to take better notes. I'm almost certain this and the five or six taken at the same time were recently discussed here, but I can't find them. Could you tell me again, please, when and where they were taken?

Many thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by latebloomer on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Identification, please?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 am

I'm not one of the photo experts, although I can usually get in field-goal range, but I'll give this one a good try. He's riding a bicycle. I know he rode a bicycle on the set of "Loving You."

Now, his face doesn't look quite THAT young, but that's silly because you can never really tell that for sure. And he's got a hat on, which disrupts looking at the hair color. The car looks "not-'60s." Now, someone could have been using an old car, it could be a film-set car for use in the pictures, or it could be the '50s. I don't recall him in photos riding a bike, except in those "Loving You" photos.

That's my stab at it. Let the experts take it away!

rjm

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I would say the Loving You Set. The bike has the same handlebars and there is a vote Tallman poster in the background of your picture. Here is another shot with the bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

You folks --that is, the members of this forum -- really amaze me. How do you see all those details? So many photos aren't clear even around the focal point, yet all of you can ferret out the most helpful information! Outstanding.

Thank you both!

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=1118673#

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:52 am

latebloomer wrote:Folks, I'm gong to have to take better notes. I'm almost certain this and the five or six taken at the same time were recently discussed here, but I can't find them. Could you tell me again, please, when and where they were taken?

Many thanks.

latebloomer - this is definately from set of film Loving You In '57 - Elvis is riding his bike -
I assure you - Enjoy - It was ridden around Paramount Studios -
Whilst he was makin Film -

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 am

Thanks, rjm, karlos, and Arty. I have quite a few photos of Elvis on the lot on his bicycle but the hat (in the set of photos that included the one I posted) threw me. Tickles me to see all the bikes.

In 1952, we lived in Santa Monica, just outside 20th Century Fox studios, I think; the wall around their property was the rear wall of the lot we lived on. I can remember hearing Oscar Levant practicing, and getting permission to search the section of lot nearest our place for our wandering tiger cat, but no bicycles. What a great way to get around those humongous properties; they're almost like small towns. Must have been one of the few places in his world where Elvis was mostly just another guy.

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm

latebloomer wrote:Thanks, rjm, karlos, and Arty. I have quite a few photos of Elvis on the lot on his bicycle but the hat (in the set of photos that included the one I posted) threw me. Tickles me to see all the bikes.

In 1952, we lived in Santa Monica, just outside 20th Century Fox studios, I think; the wall around their property was the rear wall of the lot we lived on. I can remember hearing Oscar Levant practicing, and getting permission to search the section of lot nearest our place for our wandering tiger cat, but no bicycles. What a great way to get around those humongous properties; they're almost like small towns. Must have been one of the few places in his world where Elvis was mostly just another guy.

Yvw -late bloomer - Enjoy ya week - ::rocks