Post here your Elvis' pictures

7 August 1970, TTWII Stage Rehearsal

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 pm

Here are the "contact" sheets I mentioned recently. PLEASE be sure to credit the source, http://photos.elvispresley.com.au/apache_elvis/!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 7 August 1970, TTWII Stage Rehearsal

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Part II
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Part III - These probably orginally came from the same source, but I found them without the credit and, unfortunately, failed to note where.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 pm

latebloomer wrote:Part III - These probably orginally came from the same source, but I found them without the credit and, unfortunately, failed to note where.

They Are Great
latebloomer - ::rocks
Lov Em -

::rocks
Last edited by karlos on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

Can any kind soul break these out into individual photos? If so, please identify your result, for photos from the first eight sheets, as having come from Apache Elvis, thanks to Guralnick and Jorgensen!

Thanks,

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am

Some more to enjoy late bloomer and Y'all to enjoy

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 am

For You late bloomer and all to enjoy - More ta be added soon -Enjoy Y'all ::rocks :smt007 :smt004 ::rocks

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 am

Surely, those are just screen grabs from the dvd, aren´t they?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:38 am

The fool wrote:Surely, those are just screen grabs from the dvd, aren´t they?

I have to agree fool most of the first two post's are screen grabs.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:40 am

They may be ''The Fool '' -Arent they great - matey - I Love em as we all do ::rocks

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 am

karlos wrote:

They may be ''The Fool '' -Arent they great - matey - I Love em as we all do ::rocks

Of course they are great. They are photos of Elvis in August 1970. D´oh :wink:

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 am

The fool, rizzy, I never thought about where they came from, guess I just assumed there must have been a still photographer in the room along with the film crew, but you must be correct. The flashes from a still camera would have ruined the lighting for the movie cameras.

They are wonderful shots of our guy, aren't they? Happy, healthy, excited, having fun putting his show together. Hasn't karlos done a nice job of extracting the individual photos from the compilations? I could paper the walls of my study with those shots! Red suited Elvis, as did white and light blue. He had such lovely coloring. In red, it is easy to believe there was a Cherokee ancestor somewhere on his tree. What a living doll!

Guess I'm going to have to play my copy of TTWII once more. Goody!

Hope everyone enjoyed seeing these as much as I did!

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:56 am

latebloomer wrote:They are wonderful shots of our guy, aren't they?

They are. Part 3 of your photos are from 1968, 1969, and 1972, and not from TTWII.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:03 am

Aha, The fool, thanks for bringing that up. You're referring to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th photos in the second composite of Part III, aren't you? Can you date and locate them? Are any of the others out of date? I'd really appreciate any information you can provide about them.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Aha, The fool, thanks for bringing that up. You're referring to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th photos in the second composite of Part III, aren't you? Can you date and locate them? Are any of the others out of date? I'd really appreciate any information you can provide about them.

The second one, with Elvis in a red jacket, is from his arrival in Oakland California on November 11th 1972. It's also reversed. Here's some more from the same occasion from Paul:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/111172.html