Post here your Elvis' pictures

Photos request... Elvis with Gold Cadillac...

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:44 pm

Anyone have these in better quality and larger sizes?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Photos request... Elvis with Gold Cadillac...

Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:39 pm

[quote="EPA4368"]Anyone have these in better quality and larger sizes?

Thanks in advance.

Here's one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Anyone have these in better quality and larger sizes?

Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple you may enjoy.

660200_w Gold Cadillac.JPG
Elvis, Gold Cadillac - Ascot Park Raceway, Gardena, CA, February 1966

660200_w Parker_Geller and Gold Cadillac.JPG
Tom Parker, Elvis, Larry Geller, Gold Cadillac - Ascot Park Raceway, Gardena, CA, February 1966

Both of these were taken on location during the making of MGM's "Spinout." The three are standing in front of the 1960 Cadillac Series 75 Fleetwood limousine, customized by Chuck Barris at Barris Kustom City. In fact, the car toured the U.S. and the world instead of Elvis himself.

660000_Gold Cadillac postcard.JPG

One tour vignette: in December 1967 the Cadillac was shipped to Australia, arriving in January 1968. After a press conference, the vehicle left to tour the country. It also made a short tour of New Zealand before returning to the U.S.

And people think '60s hippies were weird.

phpBB [video]

ELVIS' GOLD CADILLAC - GEORGE BARRIS TRIBUTE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 am

Tony King and drjohncarpenter, Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.

Great information Doc, I’ll bet this must have been hard for Elvis, knowing his car will be touring outside the U.S. instead of him. Photo with Parker, Elvis and Geller, they seem to be enjoying the moment. In a short time... just a little more than a year... Parker would have Geller exiting from Elvis' group. Haven't seen many postcards with advertisement for Elvis' albums. I'm going to try and get the postcard too. Hopefully with advertisement of "Harum Scarum."

Years ago at a record convention, an Elvis dealer had a photo book with about ten different photos when these were taken, all were in outstanding quality. Photos were not for sell, just available to show fans. Most of the photos I've haven't seen since. I recall one with Parker talking to Elvis, Elvis didn’t seem like he was having a good time.