Post here your Elvis' pictures

Fakes?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Some questionable photos: If they're genuine, do you know who is with Elvis, and when and where taken?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by latebloomer on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Fakes?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm

More:

Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm

The ones with Priscilla Beaulieu are clearly fakes. The rest appear to be genuine, although the reproductions are poor. Some alterations are clearly done to remove watermarks or other ids.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 am

Doc, if I had known which ones supposedly had Priscilla Beaulieu in them, I wouldn't have asked. Your answer isn't very helpful.

Anyone else, please?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:42 am

latebloomer wrote:Doc, if I had known which ones supposedly had Priscilla Beaulieu in them, I wouldn't have asked. Your answer isn't very helpful.

Anyone else, please?

Wow, how rude can a person be? I'm the only one to answer your post and this is your response?

Priscilla Beaulieu -- she is famous for marrying Elvis Presley on May 1, 1967 -- is seen in photo #3 and #8. Both are fakes.

And I also supplied you with an answer for the distortion in some of the other images. You must have missed that.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am

Doc, this is tiresome to everyone, I'm sure. Why not just ignore my posts altogether?

Even I know who Miss Priss was, but neither photo looked like her to me.

Does anyone know who the woman in (g) was? She bears a faint resemblance to a woman, a reporter, I presume, who attended the PC on 2 October 1958 at Ray Barracks.

I noticed the distortions, but they do not cover (f), (b), which must be at least a doctored version of a genuine photo, but of what date, or (e). The man on the right in (e) is wearing Navy wash khakis, which resemble Army khaki only in color. Also, I have the creepy feeling that I've been inside that room, which would make it a Navy library in one of several states, none of which was in Texas.

Any additional information anyone could provide would be most appreciated.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi

Photos i & j are with fan, and fan club president Linda Rae

Thanks
Davide

Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks, David. That's what I had, but the photo of him in uniform threw me, because it was identified as taken in Germany. Must have been before he left the States in '58, between 1 June and 23 September.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:50 am

latebloomer wrote:Thanks, David. That's what I had, but the photo of him in uniform threw me, because it was identified as taken in Germany. Must have been before he left the States in '58, between 1 June and 23 September.

This one would be taken during the production of the movie G.I. Blues, and most likely at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Los Angeles.

David

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:12 am

I can't believe I never even thought of that, although I think I did weed out the rest that came from the production, about a dozen others. Mea culpa.

Thanks, David!