Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis at Western Recorders Studio - June 1968

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 pm

These pictures below of Elvis taken at Western Recorders on June 23rd,1968 are pretty common now.

elvis_20late_2060_s_2042a.jpg
cigar_copy.jpg

This one, not so much though.

june23rd.jpg

And THIS.....

Well, new to me (different day) June 20th and from Steve Binder's "Elvis : 68 at 40 Retrospective" book published by JAT in 2008. I was looking at the studio, seeing if there was anyone to recognize, and, there was Elvis. Complete with his slip-on shoes, white trousers and wearing glasses. Cool....!

App0030.JPG

Now called EASTWEST Recording studios, it's quite a place these days complete with a luxury VIP room, they can even supply you with a massage and a facial.

Elvis used Studio One
ImageImage

It would have looked more like this though 44 years ago.

ImageImage
Western Recorders Studio, 6000 West Sunset Boulevard Hollywood, California 90028 - circa 1966

Here is a small list of these who have recored there, they include: Would Elvis had ever thought his 5 month year old daughter would ever record there in the furture?

Blondie,Buffalo Springfield,Burt Bacharach,Beach Boys,Glen Campbell,Canned Heat,Vickie Carr,Carpenters,Johnny Cash,Ray Charles,Petula Clark,Ry Cooder,Elvis Costello,Nat King Cole,Duane Eddy,Jan & Dean,Joe Cocker,Sam Cooke,Bing Crosby,Bobby Darin,Sammy Davis Jr.,Jackie DeShannon,Duke Ellington,Neil Diamond,Bob Dylan,Ellla Fitzgerald,Grateful DeadHerbie Hancock,Hawaii Five-O theme,Don Ho,Whitney Houston,Howlin’ Wolf,Ike & Tina Turner,Isley Brothers,Michael Jackson,Elton John,,Carole King,Kris Kristofferson,Franky Laine,K.D. Lang,Godfather Theme,Peggy,Madonna,Mamas & the Papas,Dean Martin,M*A*S*H theme,Johnny Mathis,Meatloaf,Paul McCartney,Monkees,Rick Nelson,Willie Nelson,Wayne Newton,Harry Nilsson,Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers,Pointer Sisters,Iggy Pop,Elvis Presley,Lisa Marie Presley,Billy Preston,Red Hot Chili Peppers,Kenny Rogers,Rolling Stones,Ronnie & the Ronettes,Bonnie Raitt,R.E.M.Righteous Brothers,Diana Ross,Sonny & Cher,Phil Spector,Carly Simon,Frank Sinatra,Nancy Sinatra,Bruce Springsteen,Steppenwolf,Rod Stewart,Barbra Streisand,Temptations,The Animals,The Four Tops,The GoGos,The Kingston Trio,The O’Jays,The Who,Mel Torme,Richie Valens,Stevie Wonder,Turtles,& the Young Rascals,

http://jerrygarciasbrokendownpalaces.bl ... t-and.html

So, if you have a couple of extra dollars, its still a working studio, go in and take a shot of "If I Can Dream" smt200
http://www.eastwest-studios.com/home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Julian Grant on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Elvis at Western Recorders Studio - June 1968

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks Julian,excellent post

Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:23 pm

awesome!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

This has made my day, excellent post & photos thank you Julian.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Great job Julian!! ::rocks

Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 am

Excellent!!!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank you all....

Binder states the "new" picture was taken on the first night of recording. June 20th 1968.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks here as welll.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 pm

My thanks, as well. Fantastic info.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 am

I've always loved that 2nd photo Julian. Thanks for posting them.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Regarding the 20th June photo of the first day of recording. Here are the songs he recorded that day : Nothingville, Let Yourself Go, Guitar Man & Big Boss Man :

http://oldies.about.com/od/elvispresley ... s-1968.htm

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Cool thread! Thanks Julian :D

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:39 am

Amazing. Thanks

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 am

Brilliant thread Julian - Ty so much ::rocks