Post here your Elvis' pictures

NEED INFO RE PHOTO

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:24 am

Does anyone have a date on this photo? It looks like early 60s to me. Appears on one the calendars. Such a cool photo IMO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEED INFO RE PHOTO

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:47 am

bluejeans1944 wrote:Does anyone have a date on this photo? It looks like early 60s to me. Appears on one the calendars. Such a cool photo IMO.

!B6eZlb!BWk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioEyd+-jCC0BM)cGMtdiw~~_12.JPG

Yeah, he looks great.

610300_RCA promo shot.JPG

According to a similar snap in From Nashville To Memphis: The Essential 60's Masters booklet, it was taken after a Nashville session in 1961. This would date it to circa mid-March 1961.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks Doc! I love the music from that era....early 60s...post army recordings...which sounded very different from the 1950s material. I LOVE his 50s songs too. Every decade seems to have it's highlights. Elvis was the master, for sure! :D

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:37 pm

I think this picture is from the time filming "Wild In The Country".

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Winston wrote:I think this picture is from the time filming "Wild In The Country".

I think his hair is a bit too long for Wild in the country.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 pm

?

it looks even shorter than in wild in the country.
anyhow...the difference in that is so minimal that you can't take that as reference.
everything between late 1960 to early to mid 1961 is possible.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Winston wrote:I think this picture is from the time filming "Wild In The Country".

I thought so, until I read the credit in the 60s box that I mentioned above.

Then I compared the snap to other photos from February-March 1961, and it indeed looks much closer to that time frame.