Post here your Elvis' pictures

elvis 1969 International Hotel building Contract Video

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 pm

"Elvis Presley - Las Vegas 1969." auf YouTube ansehen! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1uT9Wk ... ata_player

Re: elvis 1969 International Hotel building Contract Video

Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Is he standing in the site of the showroom? Looks like it. Perhaps he's on the stage, looking out, and up, in the direction of the theater.

I have mixed feelings whe I see him sign that contract. In the larger scheme of things, it was his death warrant. As Gordon Stoker once told me, "Two shows a night is what killed Elvis."

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Thats true....but there are so much fans who wants to see him...i think in the Colones mind he needed 2-3 Elvis Clones at the same time to perform to get more money...more....more ...more.... One Elvis wasnt enough...

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 pm

4000 people a night, times 28 nights, equals 112,000 souls. One outdoor stadium performance could have brought him the same figure.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 pm

elvisjock wrote:4000 people a night, times 28 nights, equals 112,000 souls. One outdoor stadium performance could have brought him the same figure.

It is precisely this lack of visionary management that sullies the reputation of Parker and his cronies in the 1970s. Outdoor stadium shows became the norm for huge musical acts, and not doubt the offers came in for Presley, and all must have been refused or ignored. And to imagine the one-night crowds for a tour in Europe is almost mind-boggling.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 pm

What could have been if he hadn't signed that contract! Off course Elvis himself didn't like playing in large (ball parks he called them) outdoor stadiums, as he never thought that the sound was so good and also he enjoyed the more intimate setting of the showroom.

Its a pity he didn't do both. From the outset he should have had 2 week, 6 night only stints at the International, that way he wouldn't have burnt-out so quick and it wouldn't have become such a bore.

It is mind bogling that a star of his magnitude didn't tour abroad, the reception he would have got cannot be over estimated. Doing Vegas, Lake Tahoe and all those regular tours over the same cities year after year, no wonder he got ill. fat and bored.

On a lighter note, he really did look like the king of rock'n'roll, during those signings, a far cry from the way he looked in those mid 60's movies.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 pm

There was nothing wrong with the initial contract - Vegas initial revitalised Elvis, allowed him to experiment, hone his show, figure out what worked, and what didn't. He loved being there initially, but by the end of the Summer 1970 season, he was ready for a break from Vegas. You can see when he first goes to Tahoe, or back on the road in 1970, and November 71, he was fresher, rising to the new challenge.

What I will say, perhaps slightly in the Col's defence, is that I believe Elvis himself didn't like the experience and accoustics of performing in large outdoor stadiums such as the Houston Astrodome, and later, the Silverdome, so even if he had toured around the world, I doubt it would have been in stadium type venues. but the point is well made - the colonel was out of touch by 1970 with what was going on in the music world.

A new manager, producer and new record label were all badly needed by 1971/2. There were so many avenues that were left unexplored. Great songs that never got to Elvis. The line of stars willing to record a duet with Elvis would have been a long one, all the countries he never got to visit, either on tour, or even on vacation, as his manager prevented even that, so great was his need to try to maintain his hold on the star.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Sorry Chris - you made the same point about stadiums while I was tryping my post! :)

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 am

DarrylMac wrote:Sorry Chris - you made the same point about stadiums while I was tryping my post! :)

No problem Darry, great minds think alike. I also endorse many of the other points you make.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Ty RamiVegas - this footage is brilliant - ty for sharing
Great footage -
lovn it -
So Clear and Crisp -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Nice to see that footage again. It does conjure up images of what might have been if he hadn't signed the contract. Things were pretty exciting at the time of the deal, and you can almost feel that in the footage, but it all changed relatively quickly.