Post here your Elvis' pictures

Let's re-evaluate this - April of 56 or later?

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 pm

These came up a few years ago in a post by lewlew and at the time we believed them to be in san antonio on April 15, 1956. Someone recently misidentified, or rather I believed misidentified the girl in the picture as Dottie Harmony. After several attempts to convince them otherwise I'm starting to wonder myself.

Could that girl behind Elvis actually be Dottie, and is that possibly Nick Adams on the far left that would likely plae these photos much later than April of 56?

Re: Let's re-evaluate this - April of 56 or later?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:14 am

JamesVRoy wrote:These came up a few years ago in a post by lewlew and at the time we believed them to be in san antonio on April 15, 1956. Someone recently misidentified, or rather I believed misidentified the girl in the picture as Dottie Harmony. After several attempts to convince them otherwise I'm starting to wonder myself.

Could that girl behind Elvis actually be Dottie, and is that possibly Nick Adams on the far left that would likely plae these photos much later than April of 56?

It's definitely not Dottie Harmony. Note he did not even meet her until his November 1956 vacation, at the Sahara in Las Vegas.

And that's not Nick Adams, either. He and Nick met at 20th Century Fox in August.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:These came up a few years ago in a post by lewlew and at the time we believed them to be in san antonio on April 15, 1956. Someone recently misidentified, or rather I believed misidentified the girl in the picture as Dottie Harmony. After several attempts to convince them otherwise I'm starting to wonder myself.

It's definitely not Dottie Harmony. Note he did not even meet her until his November 1956 vacation, at the Sahara in Las Vegas.

And that's not Nick Adams, either. He and Nick met at 20th Century Fox in August.

Yes, I know when he met them which is why I disputed it but then looking more at the photo compared to the ones you posted in another thread of Dottie I started to wonder about the date of the photo if it was in fact April of 56, and then the guy (if it is) started to look like Nick. Just needed more reassurance. Did Elvis have black hair at the time(s) he was with Dottie?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm

I agree with the Doc, that´s not Dottie in the photo and most likely not Nick either.
Elvis had his hair dyed black in October 1956 and it was black in November when he met Dottie in Las Vegas as well as when he was home in Memphis in November and December.

He did of course wear that shirt and jacket on other occasions but April 1956 in San Antonio is still the most likely date we have for the photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks for the reassurance.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Last edited by rizzy56 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 pm

rizzy56 wrote:Elvis and Dottie

That was debated before and was ultimately resolved to be Sandy Preston. Weren't you in on that?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:

That was debated before and was ultimately resolved to be Sandy Preston. Weren't you in on that?

I was if I remember but since then had hdd failure and lost most info.
But I will remove the photo now.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 am

rizzy56 wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:

I was if I remember but since then had hdd failure and lost most info.
But I will remove the photo now.

No sweat, we all forget somethings sooner or later. You should leave it up though so if someone stumbles across the thread at some point they'll keep things in context. It has already propagated out there as Dottie, the more instances now corrected the better.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:... is that possibly Nick Adams on the far left ...

Although I guess not him, my first guess would've been Adams as well,

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Mr.T wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:... is that possibly Nick Adams on the far left ...

Although I guess not him, my first guess would've been Adams as well,

Not mine.

From the very small capture of the man in the April photo, it seems he is bald, while the October shot of Nick Adams shows plenty of hair.

Is your forum still active?

The AEK Lounge
http://aekforum.com/lounge/

Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:31 am

Nick showing some scalp

Working on the premise that it might have been Dottie and if so a later shot its not a stretch to think what we see in the photo might have been Nick, but since we're of the mind that its not Dottie, and from April its all moot.