June 1974 tour and Blue Rainbow

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

BrianTCB

Re: June 1974 tour and Blue Swirl

Post by BrianTCB »

karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:Isn't this the blue rainbow? The blue swirl was worn during the September 1972 engagement...

http://elvis-collectors.com/cc1972-4.html
Both suits are referred to as "Blue Swirl", although the Blue Rainbow in question is moreso.
The suit he wore in 72 is usually called "Lucky Suit"

From the oracle:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1972-12.htm
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1974-11.htm

Here is pic of Blue Swirl Suit In '72 Andy My Buddy -
And All Fans on this Forum -
The Pictures depicted on this thread is known as Blue Rainbow Suit - Not Blue Swirl - Sorry to correct y'all - after being a fan for over 43 yrs i have always known this suit as Blue Rainbow and Not Blue Swirl - Lol -
Thank you Karlos!! Not sure why people were getting nasty...just stating a correction. Let's agree to disagree and enjoy the photos!! :)

Rock on. ::rocks

Polk Salad Andy

Re: June 1974 tour and Blue Rainbow

Post by Polk Salad Andy »

Francesc wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Whether "Blue Swirl" or "Blue Rainbow", I also don't think the suit has ever been referred to before as "The friggin' suit", so poor marks to you for trying to maintain civility, as I have done. :(
I was not trying to maintain civility. You still don't get it, because the problem is not about the Blue Swirl and Blue Rainbow
A bit of good manners goes a long way, though :smt023

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

BrianTCB wrote: No, but it is shaped like a rainbow, hence its name.
+ it's blue..BLUE rainbow ;)
BrianTCB wrote:But, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...I had no clue the Sundial suit was referred to as the pizza suit until I visited this forum... :)
the pizza suit?? :smt005 never heard that before

karlos

Post by karlos »

BrianTCB wrote:
karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:Isn't this the blue rainbow? The blue swirl was worn during the September 1972 engagement...

Both suits are referred to as "Blue Swirl", although the Blue Rainbow in question is moreso.

From the oracle:

The Pictures depicted on this thread is known as Blue Rainbow Suit - Not Blue Swirl - Sorry to correct y'all - after being a fan for over 43 yrs i have always known this suit as Blue Rainbow and Not Blue Swirl - Lol -
Thank you Karlos!! Not sure why people were getting nasty...just stating a correction. Let's agree to disagree and enjoy the photos!! :)

YVW Andy - its pretty childish in my view how some fans react to my posts that I kindly share -Lets carry on and ignore them what dya say - Lets roc on and enjoy what evry one shares and ignore some comments buddy - Long Live Our King 4 evr - I intend to add pics and posts accordingly as I wish in future and ignore them - Amen - this is one of best sites if not the very best about Elvis -Im not leavn evr - im here ta stay and add what i seem fit and share accordingly ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

karlos wrote: YVW Andy - its pretty childish in my view how some fans react to my posts that I kindly share -Lets carry on and ignore them what dya say - Lets roc on and enjoy what evry one shares and ignore some comments buddy - Long Live Our King 4 evr - I intend to add pics and posts accordingly as I wish in future and ignore them - Amen - this is one of best sites if not the very best about Elvis -Im not leavn evr - im here ta stay and add what i seem fit and share accordingly ::rocks

Sounds good to me Karlos! :D

karlos

Post by karlos »

BrianTCB wrote:
karlos wrote: YVW Andy - its pretty childish in my view how some fans react to my posts that I kindly share -Lets carry on and ignore them what dya say - Lets roc on and enjoy what evry one shares and ignore some comments buddy - Long Live Our King 4 evr - I intend to add pics and posts accordingly as I wish in future and ignore them - Amen - this is one of best sites if not the very best about Elvis -Im not leavn evr - im here ta stay and add what i seem fit and share accordingly ::rocks

Sounds good to me Karlos! :D
ty BrianTCB -Lets all enjoy The Kings Career and Life together -

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

karlos wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:

From the oracle:

YVW Andy - its pretty childish in my view how some fans react to my posts that I kindly share -Lets carry on and ignore them what dya say - Lets roc on and enjoy what evry one shares and ignore some comments buddy - Long Live Our King 4 evr - I intend to add pics and posts accordingly as I wish in future and ignore them - Amen - this is one of best sites if not the very best about Elvis -Im not leavn evr - im here ta stay and add what i seem fit and share accordingly ::rocks
rock on buddy :smt006 ::rocks

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

When I started this thread, I was hoping it would lead into a discussion, as in, say, this thread. Sadly, this thread degenerated into almost random picture posting. What are photos of Elvis from the March 1974 tour in the Aloha suit doing in the thread labeled "June 1974 tour and Blue Rainbow", for example. :roll:

Don't get me wrong: this is the picture section in which you may post pics to your heart's content. But what happened here was thread hijacking, pure and simple. :) There was one single post actually trying to answer my question, the rest was drivel. Unfortunately the real experts seem either to have left the forum or lost interest.

Looking at this thread, I don't blame them. :twisted:

paulsweeney

Post by paulsweeney »

Francesc wrote:Please someone tell me this is a bad dream.
This is a bad dream Francesc...a very bad dream

Polk Salad Andy

Post by Polk Salad Andy »

Scott Hayward wrote:When I started this thread, I was hoping it would lead into a discussion, as in, say, this thread. Sadly, this thread degenerated into almost random picture posting. What are photos of Elvis from the March 1974 tour in the Aloha suit doing in the thread labeled "June 1974 tour and Blue Rainbow", for example. :roll:

Don't get me wrong: this is the picture section in which you may post pics to your heart's content. But what happened here was thread hijacking, pure and simple. :) There was one single post actually trying to answer my question, the rest was drivel. Unfortunately the real experts seem either to have left the forum or lost interest.

Looking at this thread, I don't blame them. :twisted:
How did the thread degenerate into random picture posting? The ones I uploaded were from the same tour in question, and I thought this would be the best place to put them.
The only hijacking I can see here were the posts/ insults aimed at karlos (even if they are written in Spanish). I thought Civility and Courtesy were mandatory? Name calling and personal attacks are against the rules.
Who are these "real" experts? The people who actually took the photos? Or are you referring to the people who seem to hurl insults at other fans around here? :smt017

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

Polk Salad Andy wrote: :smt017
I really don't see how I could make this any clearer. Read the 1st post as to the intent of this thread.

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

I´ve taken a look at the three photos at the strart of the thread and I think we can rule out Ft. Worth on JUne 15, Baton Rouge on June 18 and Providence on June 22.
The microphone-head is smaller and more round than the one in the three posted photos.
Scott, are you sure Elvis used this suit on July 2, 1974 in Salt Lake City? I have him wearing the Inca Gold suit.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

When I was a child I was a dreamer,
I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book
And I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie
So every dream I´ve ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

bripet56 wrote:Scott, are you sure Elvis used this suit on July 2, 1974 in Salt Lake City? I have him wearing the Inca Gold suit.
There's hope for this thread yet! :D Thanks Brian for jumping in.
I came to the conclusion that Elvis wore this suit on July 2 in this thread. I did wonder then if there was some fault in my logic, but no-one has shown any evidence to the contrary yet... :wink:

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Scott, are you sure Elvis used this suit on July 2, 1974 in Salt Lake City? I have him wearing the Inca Gold suit.
There's hope for this thread yet! :D Thanks Brian for jumping in.
I came to the conclusion that Elvis wore this suit on July 2 in this thread. I did wonder then if there was some fault in my logic, but no-one has shown any evidence to the contrary yet... :wink:
I think I have my info from Stein Erik Skar´s "The Elvis Years."
At least he has Elvis wearing the Inca Gold suit on July 2, 1974 in his book.
Unfortunately I have no reviews or anything else from the Salt Lake City show.

Sincerely
Brian

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

bripet56 wrote:I think I have my info from Stein Erik Skar´s "The Elvis Years."
At least the photo he has dated July 2 in his book was later proven to be from Omaha the day before - as also seen in Rex Martin's film.

bripet56

Post by bripet56 »

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I think I have my info from Stein Erik Skar´s "The Elvis Years."
At least the photo he has dated July 2 in his book was later proven to be from Omaha the day before - as also seen in Rex Martin's film.
Are there different versions of his book as I can´t seem to find any photos dated as Jul 2 in my copy from 1992.

Sincerely
Brian

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

bripet56 wrote:Are there different versions of his book as I can´t seem to find any photos dated as Jul 2 in my copy from 1992.
I have the 1997 "updated and expanded" version, and in that he he has this photo from Omaha dated as July 2...

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

This could be the same angle (the same author maybe) ...!?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

steevefry wrote:This could be the same angle (the same author maybe) ...!?
For Salt Lake? Yes, I believe so.

It seems we have narrowed those three photos I inquired about to either Bloomington, Omaha or Salt Lake City. I still believe (because of different rings) they are from two different shows. Which means we would have found photos from a show we didn't have a whole lot before (Omaha or Salt Lake City)!

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

On the book "A photo Documentary - Vol2" page 4, one (very small) dated from June 19.
May 10, rather ?

steevefry

Post by steevefry »

Scott Hayward wrote: Omaha June 30 (mat), band in white (with studs)

An idea ?

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

steevefry wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote: Omaha June 30 (mat), band in white (with studs)
In the footage you can see the Sweets wearing white whereas in the Omaha photos I have they are in red. Nice footage, by the way! :) :smt023

I think this footage is actually from Providence June 22 - especially since it would be slightly strange that the band would wear the same outfits for both shows on June 30th...