Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Elvisgirl

Re: June 1974 tour and Blue Rainbow

Post by Elvisgirl »

karlos wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:amazing pics!!! love them all :smt023 ::rocks
ty elvis girl 4 comments - addn more soon ere - Enjoy y'all ::rocks
I love this suit :smt023
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

karlos

Post by karlos »

::rocks Beautyful pics elvis girl - Ty 4 sharing these - TCE4Ever -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Polk Salad Andy

Post by Polk Salad Andy »

Francesc wrote:You should open a new post.
I did think about that, but I didn't want yet another Blue Swirl thread on the go. It seemed logical as we were talking about the same tour to place them in this thread and hopefully get my question answered ::rocks

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Don't worry, the thread is already screw up by that goofball.

Your pictures are from Bloomington and if I recall they are taken by George Hill. The second one though is from Fort Worth. It seems that it is from the same lot than the ones taken by James Stout.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c740615a.htm

Polk Salad Andy

karlos wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:I have these ones from the June tour. Appearances dates unknown to me. I think they may be Bloomington, but I am unsure:
74 June tour dates unknown.jpg
74 June tour dates unknown (3).jpg
74 June tour dates unknown (4).jpg
74 June tour dates unknown (5).jpg
74 June tour dates unknown (6).jpg
Anybody?

Hey Andy These Pics you added could be from June 27th 1974 (08.30 pm show ) He looks great in this Blue Rainbow Suit - Looks Gr8 On Him -
Heres Another In Same Suit -Enjoy -

My date sin my files of Elvis Pix - Enjoy Y'all- ::rocks
Thanks, karlos for confirming my suspicions, and also for adding these shots too ::rocks

Polk Salad Andy

Francesc wrote:Don't worry, the thread is already screw up by that goofball.

Your pictures are from Bloomington and if I recall they are taken by George Hill. The second one though is from Fort Worth. It seems that it is from the same lot than the ones taken by James Stout.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c740615a.htm
Yes, thanks Francesc, this is what I thought. I wasn't sure about the second one, but I couldn't place it, so thanks for letting me know it is from Fort Worth ::rocks

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

Reading the posts up to here, I almost forgot what was the original intent of this thread...I guess we can kiss this thread goodbye. :(

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Scott Hayward wrote:
Reading the posts up to here, I almost forgot what was the original intent of this thread...I guess we can kiss this thread goodbye. :(
Yes pretty much. Sorry I was not much help.

Topic author
Scott Hayward

Post by Scott Hayward »

Francesc wrote:Yes pretty much. Sorry I was not much help.
Hey, at least you tried! :)

Polk Salad Andy

Scott Hayward wrote:
Why? It dosen't seem that screwed up to me. All I can see is that karlos refers to the suit as Blue Rainbow. Why would that upset anyone? The suit in question is referred to as both Blue Swirl and Blue Rainbow, even on Francesc's website. So I don't see a problem here. All I can see in previous posts, which I've tried to ignore, is people being nasty towards karlos. I don't think it's a nice way to carry on, sorry, but that's just me. As Elvis fans we should all stick together, there's enough nastiness from non fans out there as it is.

No hard feelings, just my thoughts :smt023

karlos

Post by karlos »

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:
Why? It dosen't seem that screwed up to me. All I can see is that karlos refers to the suit as Blue Rainbow. Why would that upset anyone? The suit in question is referred to as both Blue Swirl and Blue Rainbow, even on Francesc's website. So I don't see a problem here. All I can see in previous posts, which I've tried to ignore, is people being nasty towards karlos. I don't think it's a nice way to carry on, sorry, but that's just me. As Elvis fans we should all stick together, there's enough nastiness from non fans out there as it is.

Ty buddy - for support - Im Too Sick To Worry About Some Fans here- I will do my utmost best for all to enjoy from now on and ignore certain bad remarks -from now on - Elvis wouldnt like this if he was here amongst us all We are all fans who idolise him evry day of our lives lets keep it this way Amen - Ty Andy for ya support bud - ::rocks
[/b]

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

Polk Salad Andy and karlos, I agree 100% with what you both said! I don't like people being nasty either, there is absolutely no need for that. you 2 are certainly 2 of the nicest people here, both of you guys rock :smt023
Polk Salad Andy wrote: All I can see in previous posts, which I've tried to ignore, is people being nasty towards karlos.
karlos wrote: I will do my utmost best for all to enjoy from now on and ignore certain bad remarks -from now on -
[/b]
ignoring it is the best way to deal with it. it's what I do too. when people is nasty, the best thing to do is not give them any attention about it :smt006 ::rocks

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:

You guys don't get it right ? Some of the posts we open are not for just filling them up with photos. Some are for trying to figure out some dates for specific photos like the ones posted by Scott. If the frigging suit is called Blue Rainbow or Blue Swirl, it was not the problem or question ask.

karlos

Post by karlos »

Elvisgirl wrote:Polk Salad Andy and karlos, I agree 100% with what you both said! I don't like people being nasty either, there is absolutely no need for that. you 2 are certainly 2 of the nicest people here, both of you guys rock :smt023
Polk Salad Andy wrote: All I can see in previous posts, which I've tried to ignore, is people being nasty towards karlos.
karlos wrote: I will do my utmost best for all to enjoy from now on and ignore certain bad remarks -from now on -
[/b]
ignoring it is the best way to deal with it. it's what I do too. when people is nasty, the best thing to do is not give them any attention about it :smt006 ::rocks

ty elvis girl for yur kind words /support .- You are right in evry way Ty -enjoy ya weekend -speak soon - ::rocks

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

karlos wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:Polk Salad Andy and karlos, I agree 100% with what you both said! I don't like people being nasty either, there is absolutely no need for that. you 2 are certainly 2 of the nicest people here, both of you guys rock :smt023
[/b]

ty elvis girl for yur kind words /support .- You are right in evry way Ty -enjoy ya weekend -speak soon - ::rocks
np my friend. keep rockin :smt023 ::rocks

karlos

Post by karlos »

Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:
[/b]

////////////////////////////////////////////////
ok elvis girl - enjoy ya weekend - speak soon TCE4Evr - ::rocks

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

karlos wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:
[/b]

same to you. have a good weekend :smt006 ::rocks

karlos

Post by karlos »

Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:
Elvisgirl wrote:
karlos wrote:
[/b]

same to you. have a good weekend :smt006 ::rocks

thanks elvis girl - God Bless -

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

I give up. You win Karlos.

Polk Salad Andy

Francesc wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:

You guys don't get it right? Some of the posts we open are not for just filling them up with photos. Some are for trying to figure out some dates for specific photos like the ones posted by Scott. If the frigging suit is called Blue Rainbow or Blue Swirl, it was not the problem or question ask.
I understand that, and of course I get it; but I also had some that I couldn't date from the same tour mentioned in the opening post. So where else should I put them? Logic dictated to put them in here, and you confirmed my suspicions about where they were from which I am grateful to you for. :)

Of course the topic may wander a bit in any thread, this is a discussion forum after all, I don't really see why it should piss people off when someone discusses what the suit is referred to over a couple of posts. It hardly derailes the thread, in fact, it makes more interesting reading. If the thread was derailed in any way, it was the snipey ones aimed towards karlos that did it. When I joined this place I thought it was a friendly place to be. It seems I may have been mistaken. :?:

Whether "Blue Swirl" or "Blue Rainbow", I also don't think the suit has ever been referred to before as "The friggin' suit", so poor marks to you for trying to maintain civility, as I have done. :(

karlos

Post by karlos »

Dont worry Andy Buddy - I seem to know what i say here - I have studied Elvis at school etc and have passed many exams doin projects on him gettn -A -Levels - Through the years aftr my schooling I learnt many facts on him - So dont worry - i seem to be fine with peoples criticism - Ty for ya support - Buddy - ''I Wont lose sleep due to this - Ty elvis girl too for ya support - Yu 2 roc - I wont give up setting out my facts on him - NEVER - i like ta share my facts with all Amen - ::rocks

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Please someone tell me this is a bad dream.

Topic author
Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Whether "Blue Swirl" or "Blue Rainbow", I also don't think the suit has ever been referred to before as "The friggin' suit", so poor marks to you for trying to maintain civility, as I have done. :(
I was not trying to maintain civility. You still don't get it, because the problem is not about the Blue Swirl and Blue Rainbow

Elvisgirl

Post by Elvisgirl »

Francesc wrote:Please someone tell me this is a bad dream.
*pinch*

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

merry77 wrote:Blue swirl is the right name.

Ever seen a blue rainbow??

The 1973 suit is the Lucky suit.
No, but it is shaped like a rainbow, hence its name. I've only seen it in books referred to as the Blue Rainbow. And I've only ever heard the September 1972 suit labeled as the blue swirl.

The Lucky suit is actually this one on Elvis' I Got Lucky album:
ElvisIGotLucky.jpg
But, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...I had no clue the Sundial suit was referred to as the pizza suit until I visited this forum... :)