Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Great Clip!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Fantastic find! And one of my favourite songs.

Not sure if these are from that same gig, but I want to return the favour :smt023

White Nail Suit_73 (01).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (02).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (03).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (04).jpg

these pictures are fantastic, polk :smt023

Re: Great Clip!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Francesc wrote:Well done. Thanks for interjecting!!

Actually, no thanks for interjecting and contradicting everyone else on the topic without providing any information or images.

Thanks is due for replying to my request for more information.

Perhaps next time he will share his research the first time around, as I try to do, instead of having to be prompted. ;-)


Thanks Scott for interjecting and contradicting everyone else on the topic without providing any information or images.

Fresno must really suck this time of year, eh? ;-)

Re: Great Clip!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 am

Elvisgirl wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Fantastic find! And one of my favourite songs.

Not sure if these are from that same gig, but I want to return the favour :smt023

White Nail Suit_73 (01).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (02).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (03).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (04).jpg

these pictures are fantastic, polk :smt023

You are very welcome. It's a pleasure sharing photos of The King with fellow fans :D

Re: Great Clip!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Francesc wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Francesc wrote:Well done. Thanks for interjecting!!

Actually, no thanks for interjecting and contradicting everyone else on the topic without providing any information or images.

Thanks is due for replying to my request for more information.

Perhaps next time he will share his research the first time around, as I try to do, instead of having to be prompted. ;-)


Thanks Scott for interjecting and contradicting everyone else on the topic without providing any information or images.

Fresno must really suck this time of year, eh? ;-)


Not sure since I don't live there. :mrgreen:

Re: Great Clip!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
Francesc wrote:Well done. Thanks for interjecting!!

Thanks, and you're welcome! :) I suspect your sentiment won't be shared by all, though... :wink:


You have right ..... or "Stellar In Atlanta" is from St Louis :smt005 (not the same version)

Re: Great Clip!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:59 am

steevefry wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:
Francesc wrote:Well done. Thanks for interjecting!!

Thanks, and you're welcome! :) I suspect your sentiment won't be shared by all, though... :wink:


You have right ..... or "Stellar In Atlanta" is from St Louis :smt005 (not the same version)


Don't understand your post.

Re: Great Clip!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 pm

As for me, I said a stupidity .... it is the same version as on the CD "stellar.." :oops:

Re: Great Clip!

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm

..... but the video is from st Louis !! :mrgreen: :smt006 8) :lol:

Re: Great Clip!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:This footage is actually from that St. Louis performance, and NOT from Atlanta...

Three of us feel the suit Charlie is wearing is black, THUS June 30 in Atlanta.

But since you interject, do all of us a favor and let us know WHY you chose to contradict this observation.

Thanks.
This is why: you can clearly see at the beginning of the clip Charlie wearing an outfit with metal rings on the chest, sleeves and pants. I don't have a good photo of Charlie from St. Louis, but here is what James's outfit looked like in St. Louis - it would be similar to Charlie's.
scan0529.jpg


In Atlanta the band wore black, but with NO metal rings. This time there were just studs on the outfit.
alverson2.jpg
pic1.jpg


So there you go.

Well done, Scott!

Re: Great Clip!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Either before or after the June 28, 1973 performance at the Kiel in St. Louis, Elvis nearly died of a drug overdose.

"The last nine months with Elvis [1973], we had three ODs; it was unbelievable." ... Vernon Presley, who from other accounts had kept his distance from his son's drug problems, witnessed some of these overdoses, Caughley said, including a near-fatal one in St. Louis.

- Charles C. Thompson II & James P. Cole, Robert Hale, The Death of Elvis: What Really Happened (New York: Delacorte Press, 1991), p. 323-324

Thanks Doc. I was unaware of this. Is that book you quoted still available?

Yes, and the hardcover first edition isn't too pricy:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0385302282

Be advised, as the title implies, it's not really a fun read.

Thanks Doc, and yes I can guess it's not a fun read, but I like to know the true facts about my idol, whether good or bad. Having read Elvis, What Happened? In the past I'm sure I'll be up to it.
Thanks :smt023


Just want to warn you; it's very different from EWH. There is one chapter, in particular, that might be very disturbing, unless you were warned first. It is a VERY graphic description of the autopsy. Of Elvis's in particular, and such procedures in general. It involves a buzz-saw. And other things.

Some people said, only half in jest, they needed a drink before reading it - that part. I wouldn't advise that, but it's . . . what it is. Much of the "interview" material, as the book goes on into the court cases, are actually from depositions, which is why they are more reliable than just an interview. I'm not sure about this one, but I think so - I think he was under oath.

Just wanted to let you know.

rjm

Re: Great Clip!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hey Andy - I'm only posting this as I know you're interested in these things, not to correct you, but the second photo isn't the white nail suit, it's the Today / Pharoah suit, as seen on the cover of Elvis Today.

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Fantastic find! And one of my favourite songs.

Not sure if these are from that same gig, but I want to return the favour :smt023

White Nail Suit_73 (01).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (02).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (03).jpg

White Nail Suit_73 (04).jpg