Post here your Elvis' pictures

Boston Nov 10 '71

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Happy anniversary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Boston Nov 10 '71

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:18 pm

smt201
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Great stuff guys, thanks!! ::rocks

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:18 am

A much-heralded performance indeed.

There is no denying how bad-ass Elvis looked wearing black. As he gained weight, it would have been a wise move to wear more black-colored garb on stage (and avoid Santa Claus belts). He would have stayed cool.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 am

There were at least four people who later turned celebrities in the world of entertainment attending the Boston concert, and that was exactly 41 years ago. One bought EPE, Robert X Sillerman, the other was the biggest star in Latin America at the time, an Argentinean superstar highly influenced by Elvis since he was about 12, by the stage name of Sandro. The third was Jon Landau, sent there by RollingStone to report on that condert. I was the fourth (LOL). .And, strangely enough, I am the only one who has ever attempted to make a connexion, somehow, with the other three (LOL).

i) Sillerman, because he attended Brandeis University, just as I went to Holy Cross, the same four years, and so since I went there about ten times to watch our varsity teams play theirs' , there's ABSOLUTELY no doubt in my mind that we were there, watching ALL THOSE games, AT THE SAME TIME. (LOL) [/u]

ii) Sandro, because I recognized him, he was up from his seat on FIRST ROW, waiting for the concert to start. Almost fuming, moving about and looking everywhere so as to be recognized !! You know the type.(LOL). Since I was on the seventh row, it was quite easy for me to walk to where he was standing. As I stretched my arm to introduce myself (LOL), the lights announcing the 2001 overture went down, he looked at me, I to him, and, like a mummy, I LITERALLY froze while simultaneously racing my brain as to what to do next, that is, open my hand so that he took it, or get back to my seat. I did the latter. (LOL) and finally,

III) Landau, because he happenned to be seating quite close to me, taking notes, so I asked him what was he EXACTLY doing, and that's when he told me about his RollingStone assignment.

To this day, people laugh their asses as I tell them the Sandro story. You had to be there to really enjoy that strangest of predicaments, especially for a career diplomat's son and grandson, let alone for someone who also became a diplomat, as I did. I've met thousands upon thousands of people, since age 6, always careful to properly shake a hand, when meeting anyone, from an Emperor, down to Kings, and all the way to the least advantaged. It was what I was first taught to do. So, when the incident with Sandro took place, and after extending my arm, a doubt was raised in my brain as to whether I should, or should not offer my hand in friendship (LOL), lest I miss Elvis' entrance. My heart said yes, but my brain said no, so I raced to my seat. Regrettably, he stood there, just like me, both looking like idiots, our arms and respective right hands stretched to the limit, frozen in the air, but never actually touching. (LOL)

He died two years ago, a hero of Elvisian proportions in his native Argentina.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:20 pm

photo2a.jpg

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Cool shot Scott

Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Cathi Avenell

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wahoooo

Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:A much-heralded performance indeed.

There is no denying how bad-ass Elvis looked wearing black. As he gained weight, it would have been a wise move to wear more black-colored garb on stage (and avoid Santa Claus belts). He would have stayed cool.

totally agree Doc