Post here your Elvis' pictures

Great to see some old friends today....

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 pm

WE have been cleaning some in my Mom's house to make it easier to move around in (broken hip) and I ran onto some old friends I haven't seen in years. It was nice to make their acquaintance again.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Great to see some old friends today....

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Very nice selection :)

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Love that '69 poster in the background.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 pm

these are posters? or?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Yes they are all posters from back in the day. The 1969 one in the back is life-size. That one and the one of Elvis from the LA Forum show wearing the police cap were bought in a Sterlings Department Store for me by my late Aunt, Jean Womack.

I am missing one large one of Elvis from August 1970 wearing the famous blue laceup casual suit as seen in TTWII-SE. In the poster he is carrying a Mountain Valley water bottle.

Enjoy, friends!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 pm

i love them, they're all amazing :smt023

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:WE have been cleaning some in my Mom's house to make it easier to move around in (broken hip) and I ran onto some old friends I haven't seen in years. It was nice to make their acquaintance again.....

Did you guys meet in high school?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Nice collection!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 pm

I would love to see the 74 eagle suit on its own.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote:WE have been cleaning some in my Mom's house to make it easier to move around in (broken hip) and I ran onto some old friends I haven't seen in years. It was nice to make their acquaintance again.....

Did you guys meet in high school?

I hope there is a suitable response to this question

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey thanks for sharing with us Frankie!!
I as well had the '69 wall-poster and was traveling a lot with "da band"
In the early 70's
Check in the room,turn ac/ full blast,remove the "for your sanitary protection strip'', hang up that poster,pretty much in that order.lol

What was really cool about it was when fans,friends ect. dropped by and see it, would shared their views,storys about Elvis...
One fellow i met got to see the afternoon Tupleo Ms. State Fair '56 concert and shared some great photos he had took of the event!
Believe you me,that poster got around...
::rocks

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Pingpong, I can do that for you no problem. Doc, guess I'm a little dense today...what exactly are you asking me? I will answer as truthfully as I can! LOL

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

I have been looking everywhere for that "side view" aloha poster. It's great..

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Elvisnorway, thats a rehearsal show shot....I got that poster in Phoenix in April of '73 IIRC.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:09 am

Wow! Great items. I'd love to have that '72 Cisco poster. Been trying to get one for years.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 am

Some killer shots there......cool stuff.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Pingpong, I can do that for you no problem. Doc, guess I'm a little dense today...what exactly are you asking me? I will answer as truthfully as I can! LOL

It was a joke. Your topic refers to "some old friends." Get it?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 am

Yeah....I got it the first time. Hehe Just making sure there wasnt more to your inquiry, sir. :wink:

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Very nice, indeed! It's always cool to see your old stuff again after many years. I actually have a few of those myself, plus some others.

Wonderful post & picture, Frankie. Makes me feel like a kid again to see them (and the memories that go with them are priceless). Thanks so much.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Yeah....I got it the first time. Hehe Just making sure there wasnt more to your inquiry, sir. :wink:

Not at all, and I love the 1969 posters best. Did all of them hang on your wall back in the day?

Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:07 am

Absolutely! Thats why most have wear and tear on them....as we would go to another concert, I'd have to move them around to fit the next one up there. Over half of them were bought while he was still alive. I also have a couple of smaller ones too that are not pictured.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:36 am

Cool stuff.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Absolutely! Thats why most have wear and tear on them....as we would go to another concert, I'd have to move them around to fit the next one up there. Over half of them were bought while he was still alive. I also have a couple of smaller ones too that are not pictured.

It is so cool of you to share your Elvis memories. You need to post more about your concert experiences. We'd love to read them.

Merry Christmas!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Doc, I'm sure I can think of some more stuff for you all. As someone who got to see Elvis more than once, it is almost like a duty to me to share with the other fans. Dont't mind at all....