Post here your Elvis' pictures

Help with date and location of photo

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Many alternates to this photo. Anyone have date or location. Appreciate any help.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Help with date and location of photo

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:11 pm

LA july 1969?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Sorry that I can't answer your question, but look at the picture. At the edges, even to the sideburns, he has that very light, tow-headed color from his childhood: just at the edges - it darkened toward a ruddy-brown at the crown. Fast-forward a few years, and you'll see the same thing, but it was seen as "gray." I think this may have been in error: just speculation. I'd like to see more color photos of his natural (or underdyed) hair from the '50s and '60s, but I've seen quite a few, and the edges are always like that. Even at 21.

rjm

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm

jersey boy wrote:Many alternates to this photo. Anyone have date or location. Appreciate any help.
Thanks

It was taken in July 1969, outside RCA Hollywood, 6363 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90028.

Elvis was rehearsing for his show in Las Vegas on July 31.

Elvis Presley Rehearsals - 1969
RCA Hollywood -> July 18-23 (rhythm section)
International - Las Vegas -> July 24-31 (rhythm section and backing groups, orchestra)

James Burton says those first six days at RCA Hollywood they ran down about "150 songs." Where ARE the tapes?

See also:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53706

Photo Info

Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks DR John, your the best

Re: Photo Info

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am

jersey boy wrote:Thanks DR John, your the best

Thank you for the kind words.