Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis drumming

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I know the drumming photos have been up before but this one is new to me....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis drumming

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:50 pm

pingpong wrote:I know the drumming photos have been up before but this one is new to me....

new to me too. Thanks

Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 pm

found it too... :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Presley-1 ... 2c6963d209

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 am

Still wish we could identify the sax player from this little, on-set birthday party jam session. My guess is it's one of the film's producers.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:21 am

On-set birthday party? Could you elaborate? I had thought this was just messing around in the studio, but he's actually playing at a party! People are dancing! This makes it very different. It's usually cropped and captioned "clowning." Well, he's not "clowning." He's playing for the people dancing.

This below, which is in a lot of places, appears to be wrong!

Yup. Did a search. It is wrong: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=52067

rjm (Thanks!)
Last edited by rjm on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Thats a new one for me,thanks PingPong

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Still wish we could identify the sax player from this little, on-set birthday party jam session. My guess is it's one of the film's producers.

It has been a long time since I saw the movie so I may have this wrong and I know this is a long shot....but the scene where Elvis and Tuesday Weld are at a dance there is a piece of "incidental music" that has a saxophone playing....is it possible this gentleman is playing that?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:14 pm

pingpong wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Still wish we could identify the sax player from this little, on-set birthday party jam session. My guess is it's one of the film's producers.

It has been a long time since I saw the movie so I may have this wrong and I know this is a long shot....but the scene where Elvis and Tuesday Weld are at a dance there is a piece of "incidental music" that has a saxophone playing....is it possible this gentleman is playing that?

All incidental music in the film was likely written by Kenyon Hopkins and performed by the 20th Century-Fox Orchestra, led by Edward B. Powell. The photos are from a jam session at a studio party.