Post here your Elvis' pictures

Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:00 pm

.

I always prefer the original b/w photos above colorized versions. I'd like to imagine though, what the colors might have been. That's why I appreciate good colorized photos as well. But it's always tricky: were the colors used the right colors?

Image



Does anybody know, what the real colors were of this picture:


Image


I've seen two versions by now. But what did it look like in real?

Image

Image


Other scene. Again different colors:

Image


The shirt in real colors:
Image
Source: http://www.elvisblog.net/2010/06/27/juliens-another-june-auction-of-elvis-memorabilia/

.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Not a fan of colorized photos.....

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Awesome thanks Mike -Lov this thread buddy - Keep up the great work here -
Enjoy These One And All

::rocks :smt006


Image

Image

Image

Image



Greetns Sent To One And All :smt006 ::rocks

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:09 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Not a fan of colorized photos.....


That was not the question :wink:

I only like them when they are well done. And if possible: historical correct. Otherwise I always prefer the original versions :D

.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:10 pm

karlos wrote:Awesome thanks Mike -Lov this thread buddy - Keep up the great work here -
Enjoy These One And All

::rocks :smt006


Image

Image

Image

Image



Greetns Sent To One And All :smt006 ::rocks


Thank you, Karlos.

Have you got any idea about the original colors?

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 pm

These are excellent examples as to why colourization of b&w originals is a very delicate art, they look awful. The most egregious being that garish monstrosity from the MRS label.

BTW, one of those above is authentic color, and reversed. Here's the corrected view:


560800_Reno Brothers_Let Me sequence.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:53 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
karlos wrote:Awesome thanks Mike -Lov this thread buddy - Keep up the great work here -
Enjoy These One And All

::rocks :smt006


Image

Image

Image

Image



Greetns Sent To One And All :smt006 ::rocks


Thank you, Karlos.

Have you got any idea about the original colors?



.......................................
Yvw Mike my pal - im happy you like my pics etc - you have a great week ok pal and stay safe - So sorry I cant help out on ya query -But he looks great when hes colorised rite pal - this gives us fans some knowledge on what color clothes he wore etc - Greetns sent pal -


Heres one from movie Jailhouse Rock i love when he sings -''Baby I Don't Care ''

Image

Enjoy ::rocks :smt006

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:51 am

I might be wrong because I can't know for sure but
I believe that since we know the shirt was pink and black
I doubt the jacket would've been pink too so it could either be
yellow or grey.

Does anybody know what type of jacket it was? It's the classic Elvis
look during the 50s.

This is how I imagine it was in reality:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 am

This is how I imagine it was in reality:



How could we know for sure? Any idea?

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:41 am

This is an article I found online where Mr. Lansky talks about all the clothes he provided Elvis
through the years:

In 1956 the shop kitted out the star for his television debut on the Dorsey Brothers’ CBS series Stage Show. Performing Shake, Rattle And Roll and I Got A Woman, Elvis was decked out in black shirt, black trousers, white tie and sports coat. Later that year, for his first appearance on the Milton Berle Show, Elvis chose a Lansky grey-striped, two-button jacket with a velour collar, matched with black trousers — a combination that would inspire the “Teddy Boy” look in Britain.
.

Maybe someone should ask Scotty, he probably remembers. :D

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:These are excellent examples as to why colourization of b&w originals is a very delicate art, they look awful. The most egregious being that garish monstrosity from the MRS label.

BTW, one of those above is authentic color, and reversed. Here's the corrected view:


560800_Reno Brothers_Let Me sequence.jpeg


Thank you!

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am

ElvisAronPresley1935 wrote:This is an article I found online where Mr. Lansky talks about all the clothes he provided Elvis
through the years:

In 1956 the shop kitted out the star for his television debut on the Dorsey Brothers’ CBS series Stage Show. Performing Shake, Rattle And Roll and I Got A Woman, Elvis was decked out in black shirt, black trousers, white tie and sports coat. Later that year, for his first appearance on the Milton Berle Show, Elvis chose a Lansky grey-striped, two-button jacket with a velour collar, matched with black trousers — a combination that would inspire the “Teddy Boy” look in Britain.
.

Maybe someone should ask Scotty, he probably remembers. :D


:D

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:37 pm

I hope this answers your question Mike!

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:28 am

MikeFromHolland wrote:.

I always prefer the original b/w photos above colorized versions. I'd like to imagine though, what the colors might have been. That's why I appreciate good colorized photos as well. But it's always tricky: were the colors used the right colors?

Image


This shirt was blue, not red.
You will find a color photo of Elvis on the set of Loving You (wearing the same jeans and shirt) in this article:
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/deke-rivers/


And the Love Me Tender photo posted by Karlos is not colorized but in true color.
You can find that one, plus a whole lot more from love Me Tender in striking full color here:
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/lov ... otography/

.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 am

Bob-Holland wrote:And the Love Me Tender photo posted by Karlos is not colorized but in true color.


Good spot.

Re: Milton Berle Show - And The Real Colors Were....?

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:44 pm

To colorize a b/w photo is a lot of work if it should look like a real color photo. Just tinting a grey part with color didn´t work at all. You have to try to get the grey out of the photo and to mix several different colors for every part, especiall the flesh needs a lot of similar colors.