Post here your Elvis' pictures

Backstage pic holding trophy

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Looking through some old fan club mags and this one caught my eye. Not often seen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Backstage pic holding trophy

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:13 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Looking through some old fan club mags and this one caught my eye. Not often seen.

That's not 1969 (as the caption for the picture suggests). That's from late August, 1970. Watch "Elvis: TTWII - The Complete Works" and you'll see Elvis wearing this suit.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Cheers Tony. Thanks for correcting that.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 pm

R2-D2 wrote:Cheers Tony. Thanks for correcting that.

You're welcome. His sideburns and hair are a dead giveaway that the photo isn't from 1969.

EDIT: I also wonder.....what is that award he's holding (and I'm not talking about the girl!) :-P

Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:07 pm

here is a better shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:22 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:here is a better shot

Wow, looks great!

R2-D2 and ArtyMorty, Thanks for posting.

::rocks

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:here is a better shot

Very nice. Thanks guys!

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Got these in my files as August 22 1970 with fan Yanick Gomez, and a few alternative shots :

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Just noticed that the girl in the flower dress could be Judy Cherry :

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Correct, AlohaEagle., the girl is Judy Cherry and the other girl is Yannick Gomez (Tom Diskin's girlfriend).

Edit?: Although your last photo is from 18/02/70 as opposed to August 1970.

Great photos BTW guys, thanks.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:30 pm

jon_burrows wrote: Although your last photo is from 18/02/70 as opposed to August 1970.

Yeah I know, the photo in question is already dated as the 18th February underneath the shot, I was just using that particular shot to show a Judy Cherry comparison between the two photos. You're welcome ::rocks

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm

AlohaEagle wrote:
jon_burrows wrote: Although your last photo is from 18/02/70 as opposed to August 1970.

Yeah I know, the photo in question is already dated as the 18th February underneath the shot, I was just using that particular shot to show a Judy Cherry comparison between the two photos. You're welcome ::rocks

Apologies, AlohaEagle, I hadn't noticed the jpeg title.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 am

AlohaEagle wrote:Got these in my files as August 22 1970 with fan Yanick Gomez, and a few alternative shots :

He looks fantastic in this suit. Wish he had made that a staple of his stage shows........

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 am

I heard that Yanick Gomez married Tom Diskin.................I met her in Vegas in 1970 and she was a real sweetie, always laughing and funny too...........................we real Elvis fans had so much fun together away back then................anybody know of what happened to her???? I'd love to know................................

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:12 am

AlohaEagle wrote:Got these in my files as August 22 1970 with fan Yanick Gomez, and a few alternative shots :

Another...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:15 pm

I got those photos as August 24, 1970?
I wonder which is the correct date.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:32 pm

I got these pictures from Judy Palmer away back in 1970 and August 22, 1970 is what she has written on the back of the photos........................... :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 am

Barbie wrote:I got these pictures from Judy Palmer away back in 1970 and August 22, 1970 is what she has written on the back of the photos........................... :D

OK, I just saw one of the photos for sale on Ebay as August 24, 1970 but I don´t doubt Judy Palmer so I´ll change my photos to August 22, 1970.
I wish I had bought all her photos when she was around selling her photos back then. She had so many great photos.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk