Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare Army

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 am

Great shot of Elvis in Germany.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rare Army

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:52 am

Most unusual. That looks like a book. Is it? And if so, which one? Such a lonesome pic, and with the uniform . . .

Thanks!

rjm

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:03 am

What do you think? There's more that can be done, I'm sure. Just a quick shot at it.

ArmyRare_smoother_color_corrected.jpg

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 am

New to me. Thanks for posting ::rocks

Agree... Such a lonesome pic.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 am

Cool shot indeed!!
....One of the few times ELvis was out in public view without a crowd around him.
Alone...hence the lonesome feeling captured in the photo.
::rocks

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

rjm wrote:What do you think? There's more that can be done, I'm sure. Just a quick shot at it.

rjm

Photoshop Despeckle filter! :smt023

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Nice filter job. I was going to also have a go, but you beat me to it. :D Glad you like the pic and I agree a lonesome type shot indeed.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Here's another rare army....

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Both pictures can be found in Elvis Like Any Other Soldier photo book

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks for the info Jinjoe

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks for the pics and info guys!

Is this pic shot in Bad Nauheim?

Ed

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:23 pm

sorry for my suspicion...but the pic with elvis on the street..is that real or a fake?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Grt pics guys - Love em -Ty For Sharing -All are new ta my eyes

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 pm

It's real Matilda. Taken not long before this one...

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 pm

never saw it before...is it bad nauheim?

ist it clourized?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 pm

It's not colorized. Yes it is Bad Nauheim.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks for the signing picture, new to me :)

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 pm

The wonderful thing about collecting Elvis pictures is that no matter how many you have or what quality you have, there are always new ones for our eyes. Almost daily, which is great.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:The wonderful thing about collecting Elvis pictures is that no matter how many you have or what quality you have, there are always new ones for our eyes. Almost daily, which is great.

+1
well spoken, Arty !

And a special thanks to you all on this great board!

Ed

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 pm

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:What do you think? There's more that can be done, I'm sure. Just a quick shot at it.

rjm

Photoshop Despeckle filter! :smt023

Despeckle didn't work so well. It did a little, but it blurred it more - so I think I went out of that one, or used it, barely. I went for "Median." Very, very, very slight. But enough - the key is "enough." And after the standard color correction, I noticed that the street was rather green. So I went into color balance: very slight. Seemed to work out. Thanks, promiseland!!! (It's not easy with a large scan from a book; some books use fantastic photo type paper, and some don't. I say, go for the largest possible scan - really big, then reduce it, whilst working on it. But don't work too hard!)

Nice new photos!

I tried the scratched-up one, by very selectively using "Dust and Scratches." Avoiding the face! (Like in his Karate test: avoid the face!) It's also tone and contrast corrected.

What fabulous photos, Arty!

Army_fix.jpg

UPDATE: One question, just generally: if someone has a photo like the above, of Elvis Presley (or other megastar), why would they crumble it up, and get it so scratched up? What were they thinking, exactly?

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:51 am

ArtyMorty wrote:Great shot of Elvis in Germany.

Superb, I have not seen this picture in such high res. I ate at Gasthaus zur Krone a couple of weeks back whilst in Bad Nauheim, a special meal that was... in fact the street looks pretty much identical to the pic.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:55 am

I would love to visit someday. Looks great!

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 am

Is he the most photographed celibrity? Guess there is no way of knowing. Sure seems like it!

Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 am

nashnet wrote:Is he the most photographed celibrity? Guess there is no way of knowing. Sure seems like it!

muhammad ali is supposed to be the most photographed...allegedly :wink:

Thanks Arty for another army pic i didnt have :)

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm

You,re welcome Jinjoe