Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Hyperbole is too often used on this forum.


As well as negativity.
Why can´t we just enjoy the many new photos instead of always going on about how bad some people think Elvis looked in his last years.
Some of us loved Elvis till the end no matter what. And YES, we also know that he didn´t look his best.
As far as I´m concerned we´re all allowed to our own opinion so if some of us are thrilled to see a new photo from Elvis´ last years, why not just let us enjoy the photo instead of getting into an argument about how he looked.
It´s getting pretty sickening

Thanks Russ, your photos are much appreciated. All new to my eyes.

Your comments -- aimed at me -- are way off base, and I am greatly offended by them.

To wit:
- I posted exactly 2 sentences on this topic.
- I made NO judgment about Elvis' appearance.
- I didn't argue with anyone.

To shed some light regarding my thoughts:
- The candids are dark, and it's hard to see anyone, most especially Elvis.
- Fact: to call such candids "amazing" is hyperbole.

Finally:
- Objectivity is important in an "Elvis World" filled with deluded fans.
- Everyone[/b] on this forum has a right to express themselves.

Hope this helps.


Can't say I agree with your last "statement".
If a person spells a word wrong or has an opinion that isn't the same as everyone else, you'll get to hear it.

It seems like the purpose of your comment is to ridicule my opinion. Am I not allowed to have my own opinion?

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks Russ for the photos, always nice to see Elvis making people happy.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:24 pm

I may have a couple more, still looking....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Kingcandids wrote:I may have a couple more, still looking....


You're the man Russ 8) http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 21377.html

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:02 pm

All new to my eyes :shock:
Many thanks for sharing these ones Kingcandids ::rocks

Re: west palm beach 1977

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Did you know that you can now buy these from eBay, as,and I quote, "Rare candid Metallic Kodak photos"!! :lol:

Re: west palm beach 1977

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Did you know that you can now buy these from eBay, as,and I quote, "Rare candid Metallic Kodak photos"!! :lol:




Those metallic photo's are kind of okay....it works the best for b/w photo's, but I prefer the old fashioned photo paper.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:54 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Hyperbole is too often used on this forum.


As well as negativity.
Why can´t we just enjoy the many new photos instead of always going on about how bad some people think Elvis looked in his last years.
Some of us loved Elvis till the end no matter what. And YES, we also know that he didn´t look his best.
As far as I´m concerned we´re all allowed to our own opinion so if some of us are thrilled to see a new photo from Elvis´ last years, why not just let us enjoy the photo instead of getting into an argument about how he looked.
It´s getting pretty sickening

Thanks Russ, your photos are much appreciated. All new to my eyes.

Your comments -- aimed at me -- are way off base, and I am greatly offended by them.

To wit:
- I posted exactly 2 sentences on this topic.
- I made NO judgment about Elvis' appearance.
- I didn't argue with anyone.

To shed some light regarding my thoughts:
- The candids are dark, and it's hard to see anyone, most especially Elvis.
- Fact: to call such candids "amazing" is hyperbole.

Finally:
- Objectivity is important in an "Elvis World" filled with deluded fans.
- Everyone on this forum has a right to express themselves.

Hope this helps.




..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does. Perhaps it's not as much as what you said here ( or as little ) that has people expressing an opinion that has left you "offended" ( hooray I say, about time the tables were turned ) but it's your tone of negativity here and on most other threads where you pipe up with your know all arrogance and demeaning attitude.

Back on topic - Thanks for posting folks, whilst not a lot of Elvis' face contained in them it's great to see these and see that in those latter days he still attracted and wowed crowds and made people smile wherever he went and however he looked. Enigmatic 'til the end.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:11 am

JohnnyRebel42 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Hyperbole is too often used on this forum.


As well as negativity.
Why can´t we just enjoy the many new photos instead of always going on about how bad some people think Elvis looked in his last years.
Some of us loved Elvis till the end no matter what. And YES, we also know that he didn´t look his best.
As far as I´m concerned we´re all allowed to our own opinion so if some of us are thrilled to see a new photo from Elvis´ last years, why not just let us enjoy the photo instead of getting into an argument about how he looked.
It´s getting pretty sickening

Thanks Russ, your photos are much appreciated. All new to my eyes.

Your comments -- aimed at me -- are way off base, and I am greatly offended by them.

To wit:
- I posted exactly 2 sentences on this topic.
- I made NO judgment about Elvis' appearance.
- I didn't argue with anyone.

To shed some light regarding my thoughts:
- The candids are dark, and it's hard to see anyone, most especially Elvis.
- Fact: to call such candids "amazing" is hyperbole.

Finally:
- Objectivity is important in an "Elvis World" filled with deluded fans.
- Everyone on this forum has a right to express themselves.

Hope this helps.




..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does. Perhaps it's not as much as what you said hear ( or as little ) that has people expressing an opinion that has left you "offended" ( hooray I say, about time the tables were turned ) but it's your tone of negativity here and on most other threads where you pipe up with your know all arrogance and demeaning attitude.

Back on topic - Thanks for posting folks, whilst not a lot of Elvis' face contained in them it's great to see these and see that in those latter days he still attracted and wowed crowds and made people smile wherever he went and however he looked. Enigmatic 'til the end.



Thank you....and man....you hit That nail on the head !!!!!!!!! (both statements)

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:12 am

JohnnyRebel42 wrote:..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does.

I'm so sorry. Are you from another country?

west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does.

I'm so sorry. Are you from another country?


What does that have to do with anything Doc? Your wit, charm and BS is universal.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 am

Wonderful Russ! Thanks a lot.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 am

paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does.

I'm so sorry. Are you from another country?


What does that have to do with anything Doc? Your wit, charm and BS is universal.

It's a way of making a humourous reply to someone who posted something unfair and mean-spirited. Rather than engage in an argument, I chose another path.

Thanks for, once again, chiming in while missing the point, and putting me down in the process. I won't forget.

west palm beach 1977

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
JohnnyRebel42 wrote:..................... doesn't "help" at all, very little you say ever does.

I'm so sorry. Are you from another country?


What does that have to do with anything Doc? Your wit, charm and BS is universal.

It's a way of making a humourous reply to someone who posted something unfair and mean-spirited. Rather than engage in an argument, I chose another path.

Thanks for, once again, chiming in while missing the point, and putting me down in the process. I won't forget.


I didn't miss anything. Relax Doc. Life is too short. You sure can dump crap on people, put them down, and be mean spirited. But your skin is way to thin. You can't throw crap at people and not expect any in return. Your holier than thou attitude and continual put downs of other Elvis fans is getting tiresome. You're better than that Doc. And you know it.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:33 pm

8)

Re: west palm beach 1977

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm

An alternate candid from eBay:

$T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiP,4BRQBMuw1wQ~~60_57.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Bloody hell, I thought the drama in here stopped ages ago!

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Bloody hell, I thought the drama in here stopped ages ago!


It did...on June 13th ;-)

Re: west palm beach 1977

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:An alternate candid from eBay:

$T2eC16Z,!)EE9s2uiP,4BRQBMuw1wQ~~60_57.JPG


Thanks Scott!