Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis & Charlie on stage 74 'funny'

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Re: Elvis & Charlie on stage 74 'funny'

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 pm

The picture was taken during the closing show on September 2, 1974.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi, not the closing show....its from 1 Sept dinner show

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Yes, you're right! I must have known better as Hodge and the other musicians wore dark suits on the closing show. My bad.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for posting!

He looks really f***ed up... or should I say "strung out"? :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Thanks for posting!

He may have been, but it's hard to read that into this photo.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 am

If it were me, I would not put it in such coarse and unforgiving terms. It is, after all, almost 40 years ago now.

Elvis' eyes do have "that" look, one which we may observe in many concert (and some candid) photos from September and October 1974. He was in a very bad place. It's hard to look and not feel some compassion for him.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:15 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Elvis' eyes do have "that" look, one which we may observe in many concert (and some candid) photos from September and October 1974. He was in a very bad place. It's hard to look and not feel some compassion for him.

Well put, Doc. Certainly not a good period for our man. Unfortunately, the runaway train was only gathering speed....

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

If it were me, I would not put it in such coarse and unforgiving terms. It is, after all, almost 40 years ago now.

Elvis' eyes do have "that" look, one which we may observe in many concert (and some candid) photos from September and October 1974. He was in a very bad place. It's hard to look and not feel some compassion for him.

Nicely put, DOC. I always have empathy for those who have "lost their way" so-to-speak. Unfortunately, Elvis never really seemed to find his "balance," except for a few times, over the next 2+ years. Elvis was still a human being first and foremost.

rlj