Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:03 am

Boarding a plane after his concert in Asheville on July 24, 1975 on his way home to Memphis at the end of the tour

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Scott, do you know which date the newspaper photo you posted on page 1 is from?
If it was in the newspaper on July 17 then we know for certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit on the 16th.

I was told it was published in New Haven Courier-Journal on July 17...maybe Francesc can confirm that?

In my photocopy says 17 in writing done by the Librarian(?)

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:49 am

paulsweeney wrote:Boarding a plane after his concert in Asheville on July 24, 1975 on his way home to Memphis at the end of the tour

Boarding his plane after several days of manic and unprofessional behavior.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 am

May 23rd 1977 - Providence for ElvisJock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Francesc wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Scott, do you know which date the newspaper photo you posted on page 1 is from?
If it was in the newspaper on July 17 then we know for certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit on the 16th.

I was told it was published in New Haven Courier-Journal on July 17...maybe Francesc can confirm that?

In my photocopy says 17 in writing done by the Librarian(?)

Thanks Francesc.
So this photo is from July 16, 1975
750716-New Haven-c01.jpg

wearing what looks like this choker (photo from Asheville, July 23)
750723-Asheville-c47-HPscan-bripet56.jpg

and this photo is from July 17, 1975.
750717-New Haven-c19-CathiAvenell-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:04 am

Well, hello there, Ms. Goodman... :smt007

Thanks for posting all these wonderful pictures, guys! ::rocks

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:39 am

ArtyMorty wrote:May 23rd 1977 - Providence for ElvisJock

Thank you Arty. Photo snapped by Cathi Avenell. You'd see me in the audience if the camera was aimed a little to the left.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 am

Shame it wasn't a little over your way elvisjock

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Can I mix this up a little bit more...? :)
Here's the beginning of the show (Elvis with guitar) from all the dates (minus one) from this tour where Elvis wore the gypsy suit...
start.jpg
But then there are these two photos:
start2.jpg
See how in all the photos in the first patch he has a scarf tucked into his suit, but in these two he does not. Therefore: these two are from a different show, i.e. New Haven July 16...? The right-hand photo has been around a long time, and as the musicians are bathed in red light it has been hard to determine what color outfit they would be wearing...but looking at the left-hand photo, it does seem like it could be red after all...all of this would fit in nicely with what we've been able to determine so far... :)

Of course, the probability of me being wrong is usually close to 1... :?

edit: oops, July 16 on the first patch should be July 17... :oops: :)
Last edited by Scott Hayward on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:50 pm

Phenomenal work everybody! ::rocks

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Can I mix this up a little bit more...? :)
Here's the beginning of the show (Elvis with guitar) from all the dates (minus one) from this tour where Elvis wore the gypsy suit...
start.jpg
But then there are these two photos:
start2.jpg
See how in all the photos in the first patch he has a scarf tucked into his suit, but in these two he does not. Therefore: these two are from a different show, i.e. New Haven July 16...? The right-hand photo has been around a long time, and as the musicians are bathed in red light it has been hard to determine what color outfit they would be wearing...but looking at the left-hand photo, it does seem like it could be red after all...all of this would fit in nicely with what we've been able to determine so far... :)

Of course, the probability of me being wrong is usually close to 1... :?

edit: oops, July 16 on the first patch should be July 17... :oops: :)

Scott, did I ever tell you that I am very appreciative that we have you here on the messageboard.
First of all you share 5 photos in this single post that I´ve never seen before. July 14, 21, 23 and the two separate from July 16.
And then you show us all what an accomplished detective you are by giving us a way to tell which photos are from July 16 (at least at the start of the show).
Great work and you are absolutely right. Those two photos ARE from the July 16 show. No doubt at all.
WOW. Thanks my friend.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 pm

After having a second glimpse at the new July 16 photos I just KNEW I had seen one of them before but it took me two books to find out where.
It was printed in Paul Lichter´s "The Boy Who Dared To Rock."
Here it is without the watermarks.
750716-New Haven-c02-Boy Who Dared To Rock-HPscan-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 am

elvisjock wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Boarding a plane after his concert in Asheville on July 24, 1975 on his way home to Memphis at the end of the tour

Boarding his plane after several days of manic and unprofessional behavior.

I try not to editorialize...I just post 'em and date 'em...with a little help from my friends 8)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 am

bripet56 wrote:Scott, did I ever tell you that I am very appreciative that we have you here on the messageboard.
First of all you share 5 photos in this single post that I´ve never seen before. July 14, 21, 23 and the two separate from July 16.
And then you show us all what an accomplished detective you are by giving us a way to tell which photos are from July 16 (at least at the start of the show).
Great work and you are absolutely right. Those two photos ARE from the July 16 show. No doubt at all.
WOW. Thanks my friend.
You should see my face right now... :oops: :oops: :oops: some serious blushing going on. :)

Thanks for your kind words (almost too kind)! I for one was quite sure for the longest time that we had this tour correctly dated... :) And I'm still not too sure about this, as in another New Haven microfilm photo, he seems to be wearing a scarf... :smt120

Here's hoping the dates are correct now! :wink: Now if only some photos from the Charleston July 12 matinee would surface... 8)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Scott, did I ever tell you that I am very appreciative that we have you here on the messageboard.
WOW. Thanks my friend.
You should see my face right now... :oops: :oops: :oops: some serious blushing going on. :)

Thanks for your kind words (almost too kind)! I for one was quite sure for the longest time that we had this tour correctly dated... :) And I'm still not too sure about this, as in another New Haven microfilm photo, he seems to be wearing a scarf... :smt120

Here's hoping the dates are correct now! :wink: Now if only some photos from the Charleston July 12 matinee would surface... 8)

But couldn´t that other New Haven microfilm photo be from the show on the 17th where he wore the same suit plus a scarf.

It sure would be nice to see some photos from the July 12th afternoon show in Charleston.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 pm

bripet56 wrote:But couldn´t that other New Haven microfilm photo be from the show on the 17th where he wore the same suit plus a scarf.
Well, the clipping (courtesy of Francesc) is dated July 17...
newhaven.png
I really don't know...but I'd still go with July 16 for those two photos...

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:But couldn´t that other New Haven microfilm photo be from the show on the 17th where he wore the same suit plus a scarf.
Well, the clipping (courtesy of Francesc) is dated July 17...
newhaven.png
I really don't know...but I'd still go with July 16 for those two photos...

Darn, It sure does look like he´s wearing a scarf in that photo and the text says that he played to 10,000 Wednesday night and "another 10,000 will be there tonight" so the photo definitely is from July 16.
Too bad it´s so poor quality as we cna´t see which choker he´s wearing in the photo.
I wrote to the New Haven Register a week ago but haven´t heard back from them, guess I won´t.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue May 08, 2012 5:35 pm

I guess this photo, which popped up at eBay just today, conclusively proves that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit at both New Haven shows. The background and stage match those from the other New Haven show. Furthermore, the band is in red and the Voice is wearing white pants with multicolor shirts - a combination not to be found on any other shows from this tour. :)

So, this is from July 16.
pic1.jpg

I think we finally have this tour licked - apart from those Charleston photos... :wink: Below a couple of others from Lichter's publications, which now can also be placed on the very same date.
lichter.jpg

Tue May 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Nice to see a final conclusive piece of evidence proving that he wore the gypsy suit for both shows.

Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Awesome but then what photos do we have that belong to the 17th?

If the band was on red the 16th and Elvis was wearing a scarf.

where these photos belong to

Last edited by Francesc on Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Francesc wrote:Awesome but then what photos do we have that belong to the 17th?

It's this bunch... :)
1975_1.jpg
newhavenf.jpg
s75071602.jpg

Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Ok I see the photos I posted had to be the 17th ...Then the photos with Elvis not wearing scarf and guitar are from the 16th?

Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Francesc wrote:Ok I see the photos I posted had to be the 17th ...Then the photos with Elvis not wearing scarf and guitar are from the 16th?

That's what I'm thinking... :smt023

Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Then what happens with the photo from the newspaper where Elvis is clearly using a scarf ... TRAP!

Tue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Francesc wrote:Then what happens with the photo from the newspaper where Elvis is clearly using a scarf ... TRAP!

I don't think we need to worry about that too much...I mean, it is within a realm of possibility that he could have taken the scarf off after the first song, and then continued on with the guitar...those two pics without the scarf look more like I got a Woman is on... :)