Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Image

Thanks for posting this (for me) unseen photo from afternoon show in Uniondale, N.Y., on July 19, 1975.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

What do we do about these photos now that we´re almost certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit at both New Haven shows.
I had these dated as leaving New Haven.
From what I can tell (now) Elvis wore the Black Aztec suit on July 15 in Springfield, July 19 aft in Uniondale, and July 24 in Asheville.
July 19 would be out of question since it was an afternoon show and these photos were clearly taken at nighttime.
So they´re either leaving Springfield for New Haven or leaving Asheville heading home for Memphis.
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 am

bripet56 wrote:What do we do about these photos now that we´re almost certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit at both New Haven shows.
From what I can tell (now) Elvis wore the Black Aztec suit on July 15 in Springfield, July 19 aft in Uniondale, and July 24 in Asheville.
July 19 would be out of question since it was an afternoon show and these photos were clearly taken at nighttime.
So they´re either leaving Springfield for New Haven or leaving Asheville heading home for Memphis.
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Brian, i just earlier today posted a possible date (Asheville) for this picture in this thread: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68795

Let me know what you think !

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:50 am

bripet56 wrote:What do we do about these photos now that we´re almost certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit at both New Haven shows.
Well, if this photo from Candid Central is Springfield (and I think it is)

my bet would be on Asheville.

Additionally, Elvis didn't leave Springfield for New Haven. :) From Lee Cotten's book:
July 14-15: In Hartford Elvis reserved rooms at the Hilton. He would make his headquarters here for 4 days, as he performed two nights of shows in both Springfield, MA and New Haven, CT.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:02 am

Thank you all for this fantastic topic !!!!

Ed

::rocks

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:13 am

stefan kock wrote:
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Brian, i just earlier today posted a possible date (Asheville) for this picture in this thread: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68795

Cool, I didn´t see your thread as I´ve been so into this one for the past few days.
I love these discussions where we´re back to what we used to do.
Solving problems and putting dates on Elvis-photos.
I hope you don´t mind if I keep the discussion about those July 1975 photos in this thread.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 am

No problem Brian !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my post from that other thread:

paulsweeney wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/hug70.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

Paul, looking at the picture of Elvis boarding his plane in July '75 It seems Vernon (seen to the right of Dave Herbler) is wearing the same shirt and jacket as seen in this picture, posted by Scott Hayward in another recent topic, from Asheville, July 24th 1975. This could mean the picture is taken on that same date after the concert.

(picture posted by Scott Hayward - http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=68727)

(Elvis Presley boarding his plane (possibly on July 24th 1975, Ascheville, NC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think ?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
Well, if this photo from Candid Central is Springfield (and I think it is)

my bet would be on Asheville.

Additionally, Elvis didn't leave Springfield for New Haven. :) From Lee Cotten's book:
July 14-15: In Hartford Elvis reserved rooms at the Hilton. He would make his headquarters here for 4 days, as he performed two nights of shows in both Springfield, MA and New Haven, CT.

OK, so Elvis stayed in Springfield for the shows in Springfield and New Haven driving between the cities for the New Haven shows. That would make sense since there is only a little more than an hours drive between the cities.

I don´t have access to Day-by-Day right now but did Linda join the tour again?
She was with Elvis at the start of the tour but Diane Goodman arrived with Elvis in Uniondale on July 19 so she would have been with him from at least July 18 in Cleveland.
Diane Goodman is also seen leaving Greensboro in the morning of July 22 heading for Asheville.
Did Linda take Diane´s place in Asheville?

I´ll be back in about 2 hours. Gotta head home now.

SIncerely
Brian

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:55 am

bripet56 wrote:OK, so Elvis stayed in Springfield for the shows in Springfield and New Haven driving between the cities for the New Haven shows. That would make sense since there is only a little more than an hours drive between the cities.

I don´t have access to Day-by-Day right now but did Linda join the tour again? She was with Elvis at the start of the tour but Diane Goodman arrived with Elvis in Uniondale on July 19 so she would have been with him from at least July 18 in Cleveland. Diane Goodman is also seen leaving Greensboro in the morning of July 22 heading for Asheville. Did Linda take Diane´s place in Asheville?
Actually he stayed at Hartford, which is located between Springfield and New Haven.

About Diane Goodman: here's an article from Tattler special issue (May 1976) written by Diane Goodman herself (or as told to...). In it she says that
Elvis sent a private jet to pick me up in LA and I met him in Connecticut. I stayed with him until the end of July...the tour ended in Asheville NC...we parted in Asheville. I went back to Atlanta.
but she also says
When the three of us [Elvis, Linda & Diane] were together, I was his date. Linda was his friend.
which seems suggest that Linda just took a "backseat" while Diane was there...?
goodman_0001.jpg
goodman_0002.jpg
goodman.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Scott Hayward on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:OK, so Elvis stayed in Springfield for the shows in Springfield and New Haven driving between the cities for the New Haven shows. That would make sense since there is only a little more than an hours drive between the cities.

I don´t have access to Day-by-Day right now but did Linda join the tour again? She was with Elvis at the start of the tour but Diane Goodman arrived with Elvis in Uniondale on July 19 so she would have been with him from at least July 18 in Cleveland. Diane Goodman is also seen leaving Greensboro in the morning of July 22 heading for Asheville. Did Linda take Diane´s place in Asheville?
Actually he stayed at Hartford, which is located between Springfield and New Haven.

About Diane Goodman: here's part of an article from Tattler special issue from May 1976 written by Diane Goodman herself. In it she says that
Elvis sent a private jet to pick me up in LA and I met him in Connecticut. I stayed with him until the end of July...the tour ended in Asheville NC...we parted in Asheville. I went back to Atlanta.
but she also says
When the three of us [Elvis, Linda & Diane] were together, I was his date. Linda was his friend.
which seems suggest that Linda just took a "backseat" while Diane was there...?
goodman.jpg

Thanks, I never saw that article. Great and informative reading.
So both Linda and Diana was on the tour but since Elvis dated Diana she was obviously seen publicly with Elvis while Linda stayed in the background and when Diana left for Atlanta Linda stepped into the spotlight again and this is why we see her in those photos.
I have dated the photos as leaving Asheville on July 24, 1975 now.

Cool.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks for the article, Scott. It was interesting to read how Elvis juggled things.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:33 pm

I believe I may have some answers.
I spoke to Cathi who says she unfortunately never kept great records of the shows. Like any fan of the time she was just happy to see and photograph Elvis. There have been several discrepancies with the dates on her photos before she says. Not because she didn't care, but she was going from memory. Never thinking that one day Elvis would not be here to see and photograph or that this kind of thing would become important to photo collectors and historians.
Here are a few of Cathi's photos from New England 1975 that clearly show the band in Black, not Red, or Blue (so not Springfield) - I think due to incorrect naming these have been mislabeled in the past as Springfield and might be from New Haven on the 17th. These are not Asheville either as Cathi wasn't at that show.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:I spoke to Cathi who says she unfortunately never kept great records of the shows.
Here are a few of Cathi's photos from New England 1975 that clearly show the band in Black, not Red, or Blue (so not Springfield) - I think due to incorrect naming these have been mislabeled in the past as Springfield and might be from New Haven on the 17th. These are not Asheville either as Cathi wasn't at that show.
That's what Cathi told me, too...her 1976 photos have also been a mess as far as dates are concerned.
We had nailed the location correctly for the photos you posted earlier...we thought they were from the 16th. I believe the consensus today is that they're from the 17th...Cathi has been unable to locate any photos of hers from the other New Haven 1975 show...

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:I spoke to Cathi who says she unfortunately never kept great records of the shows.
That's what Cathi told me, too...her 1976 photos have also been a mess as far as dates are concerned.
We had nailed the location correctly for the photos you posted earlier...we thought they were from the 16th. I believe the consensus today is that they're from the 17th...Cathi has been unable to locate any photos of hers from the other New Haven 1975 show...

Yeah, I had these as New Haven, July 16. We had a discussion here if I remember correctly long time ago nailing those photos.
Scott, do you know which date the newspaper photo you posted on page 1 is from?
If it was in the newspaper on July 17 then we know for certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit on the 16th.
It´s a shame the quality of that photo is so bad but I do agree that the choker looks to be another than the one we have in the other New Haven photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:53 pm

It's a fun challenge to try to sort this out.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:16 pm

bripet56 wrote:Scott, do you know which date the newspaper photo you posted on page 1 is from?
If it was in the newspaper on July 17 then we know for certain that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit on the 16th.

I was told it was published in New Haven Courier-Journal on July 17...maybe Francesc can confirm that?

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:It's a fun challenge to try to sort this out.

It sure is and we´re gonna nail the dates.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Scott, do you know which date the newspaper photo you posted on page 1 is from?

I was told it was published in New Haven Courier-Journal on July 17...maybe Francesc can confirm that?

I´ll send him a pm, see if he can confirm the date.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 pm

stefan kock wrote:
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Je sais que mon anglais est nul .... mais bon. :roll:
Cela n'intéresse personne mes posts. :lol:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

steevefry wrote:
stefan kock wrote:
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

And in english please :lol:

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:39 pm

steevefry wrote:
stefan kock wrote:
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

SteevdFree, ton anglais est correct et..même plus !

merci bcp pour tes post..

Bripet, just 2 words/mots in french :wink:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

steevefry wrote:
stefan kock wrote:
7507xx-d01-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d02-bripet56.jpg

7507xx-d03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Yes ! Sorry, hadn't seen your post on page one of this thread my friend. You mentioned Vernon's clothes first ! And it indeed seems both our posts about Vernon wearing the same clothes was either overlooked or just ignored by some people. Thanks indeed for your post, and btw, your english is good enough :mrgreen:

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:11 pm

I have this shot as Elvis in New Haven CT leaving hotel. Don't know if this helps anything...but what the hell...lol

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:38 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:I have this shot as Elvis in New Haven CT leaving hotel. Don't know if this helps anything...but what the hell...lol

Yeah, I got these as New Haven as well.
They came along with this one which we decided would be from Springfield on July 14.
750714-Springfield-cd01-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian