Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Ok, it looks like for sure Elvis wore the same suit both nights. I'll change that information.


About the Charleston photo i have this one from one of the members of FECC who attended the show

Image


Band is in white. Elvis is there with the Silver Phoenix.


Francesc

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:I guess this photo, which popped up at eBay just today, conclusively proves that Elvis wore the Gypsy suit at both New Haven shows. The background and stage match those from the other New Haven show. Furthermore, the band is in red and the Voice is wearing white pants with multicolor shirts - a combination not to be found on any other shows from this tour. :)

So, this is from July 16.
pic1.jpg

I think we finally have this tour licked - apart from those Charleston photos... :wink: Below a couple of others from Lichter's publications, which now can also be placed on the very same date.
lichter.jpg


Great find. Thanks so much for solving this problem.
From which Lichter book did you scan those two last photos? I´ve never seen them before.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 pm

bripet56 wrote:Great find. Thanks so much for solving this problem.
From which Lichter book did you scan those two last photos? I´ve never seen them before.
One was from here:

Image

and the other was actually from this magazine:

Image

There are some more in other Lichter books such as this:

Image

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Great find. Thanks so much for solving this problem.
From which Lichter book did you scan those two last photos? I´ve never seen them before.
One was from here:

Image

and the other was actually from this magazine:

Image

There are some more in other Lichter books such as this:

Image


Man, I had totally forgotten about the first one. I have all three in my collection.

I´ve been looking closer at the three photos you posted earlier today (the colour from Ebay and the two b/w from Lichter book).
I´m not so sure the two b/w are from July 16. Take a look at the colour photo, the stage is very high and it seems impossible for the ladies to reach above the stage to get a scarf from Elvis.
My guess is the two b/w are from July 18 in Cleveland where the Voice also wore white pants with multicoloured shirts.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Wed May 09, 2012 8:38 am

bripet56 wrote:I´m not so sure the two b/w are from July 16. Take a look at the colour photo, the stage is very high and it seems impossible for the ladies to reach above the stage to get a scarf from Elvis.
My guess is the two b/w are from July 18 in Cleveland where the Voice also wore white pants with multicoloured shirts.

Stage was very high in Cleveland also...and I'm not at all convinced that Voice wore what you say on July18 (the only real proof was the screengrab from video, which left me unconvinced...) :)
Here's a request I thought I would never make: I need a clear photo of Voice in Cleveland on July 18 - anyone? :)

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I´m not so sure the two b/w are from July 16. Take a look at the colour photo, the stage is very high and it seems impossible for the ladies to reach above the stage to get a scarf from Elvis.
My guess is the two b/w are from July 18 in Cleveland where the Voice also wore white pants with multicoloured shirts.

Stage was very high in Cleveland also...and I'm not at all convinced that Voice wore what you say on July18 (the only real proof was the screengrab from video, which left me unconvinced...) :)
Here's a request I thought I would never make: I need a clear photo of Voice in Cleveland on July 18 - anyone? :)


I have these three b/w photos (that you posted sometime in March 2010) dated as July 18 in Cleveland and in the first colour shot the stage doesn´t seem that high to me and the guy in white jacket could be Red West who´s sitting to the left in one og the b/w photos.

In the second colour shot we see the Voice wearing at least light-coloured suits with dark-coloured shirts. Might not be the same as in the b/w photo but it could be.
750718-Cleveland-c13-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c14-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c15-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c03-BobHeis-bripet56.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c05-BobHeis-bripet56.jpg


Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Wed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

bripet56 wrote:In the second colour shot we see the Voice wearing at least light-coloured suits with dark-coloured shirts. Might not be the same as in the b/w photo but it could be.

My point exactly...! :) Hopefully more concrete proof will surface...

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am

Just found some more photos on internet from this tour that I thought I would share in this thread.

750714-Springfield-c16-Daily News.jpg

750714-Springfield-c17.jpg

750719-Uniondale-aft-c098.jpg

750719-Uniondale-eve-c54.jpg

750722-Asheville-c43.jpg


Hope one or more are new to you. They all were to me.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm

bripet56 wrote:I´m not so sure the two b/w are from July 16. Take a look at the colour photo, the stage is very high and it seems impossible for the ladies to reach above the stage to get a scarf from Elvis.
My guess is the two b/w are from July 18 in Cleveland where the Voice also wore white pants with multicoloured shirts.

I have these three b/w photos (that you posted sometime in March 2010) dated as July 18 in Cleveland and in the first colour shot the stage doesn´t seem that high to me and the guy in white jacket could be Red West who´s sitting to the left in one og the b/w photos.

In the second colour shot we see the Voice wearing at least light-coloured suits with dark-coloured shirts. Might not be the same as in the b/w photo but it could be.

I finally found a photo showing Voice on July 18, and they wore what I've suspected all along: white pants with light blue shirts - not multicolor. That would place those b&w shots into New Haven... :)

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 am

paulsweeney wrote:Boarding a plane after his concert in Asheville on July 24, 1975 on his way home to Memphis at the end of the tour
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

I suppose this one is then Elvis arriving in Memphis from Asheville in the early hours of July 25...?
57.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:Boarding a plane after his concert in Asheville on July 24, 1975 on his way home to Memphis at the end of the tour
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... plane.html

I suppose this one is then Elvis arriving in Memphis from Asheville in the early hours of July 25...?
57.JPG


It could very well be Scott

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:32 am

bripet56 wrote:
Scott Hayward wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I´m not so sure the two b/w are from July 16. Take a look at the colour photo, the stage is very high and it seems impossible for the ladies to reach above the stage to get a scarf from Elvis.
My guess is the two b/w are from July 18 in Cleveland where the Voice also wore white pants with multicoloured shirts.

Stage was very high in Cleveland also...and I'm not at all convinced that Voice wore what you say on July18 (the only real proof was the screengrab from video, which left me unconvinced...) :)
Here's a request I thought I would never make: I need a clear photo of Voice in Cleveland on July 18 - anyone? :)


I have these three b/w photos (that you posted sometime in March 2010) dated as July 18 in Cleveland and in the first colour shot the stage doesn´t seem that high to me and the guy in white jacket could be Red West who´s sitting to the left in one og the b/w photos.

In the second colour shot we see the Voice wearing at least light-coloured suits with dark-coloured shirts. Might not be the same as in the b/w photo but it could be.
750718-Cleveland-c13-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c14-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c15-Scott Hayward.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c03-BobHeis-bripet56.jpg

750718-Cleveland-c05-BobHeis-bripet56.jpg


Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk


That shot with Red and Hebler surrounding Elvis would have been right at home in the book they would start writing, a little of a year later.

Re: New Haven July 17 1975 - no photos around?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 am

I'm sorry Im bumping this thread