Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: An Easter Gift . . . VERY special photos

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 pm

These are amazing photos Robin.

Thank you for sharing them. ::rocks

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:46 am

BrianTCB wrote:These are amazing photos Robin.

Thank you for sharing them. ::rocks

You are most welcome, Brian. :smt006

Robin (Memphis is gonna be very special to you :smt023 )

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Thank you for sharing. Really appreciate it.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Excellent photos. but not anything unusual. Of course, emotion is great about it. But hey, this has already been posted many times.
In any case, thank you

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:31 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Excellent photos. but not anything unusual. Of course, emotion is great about it. But hey, this has already been posted many times.
In any case, thank you

I'd just like to point out that the Polaroids of Vernon's grave so soon after his death are, indeed, unusual. As I said, I searched, and I found a pic on the 'net. One. There might be more, but I haven't seen them.

I was really sharing my experiences with photographs, especially those of Vernon's grave, and my own rose, and of myself there. So it was very personal, and thus "unusual." I had hoped people understood that, and maybe would appreciate it.

"But hey," I appreciate your candor.

Unlike you, I don't have rare pics of Elvis alive. I don't know if you took them, but I don't buy e-bay pics. If I took it, I took it. I would only post a life-pic with a question to help resolve an issue, or to answer a question. I was not lucky enough to get a pic of him in life, so it's not here. This is what I have - some of what I have, and it meant a lot to me, more than you can ever know, and I wasn't going to share 'em, but it was Easter and so I did. I did not share them because they were worth money or anything. Because they're not.

I had only hoped to convey something of the experience of Graceland during the time soon after his death, and an individual fan's experience at the time-period. I know the photos you post are rare and valuable.

Some of these were also rare and special. A couple actually quite unusual, but special to me because this was my experience, and it was a long, long time ago. And I thought it okay to share that fan-experience as well as the very sad and rare pics of Vernon's fresh grave. I guess I misjudged. I will keep them up for those who appreciated the thread and were so sweet.

I also have "not unusual" but excellent pics of Graceland that I took in the early days of the tours - the inside, the Pink Cadillac . . . I haven't posted them as yet. I guess they'd be boring, so maybe that's not a good idea. You've seen plenty in books, anyway. I also have extensive photos of "The Gold Cadillac." But you've probably seen that before, I'm sure.

I will soon post the picture of Conway Twitty in person I have that I took, and of Jerry Lee - not at the piano, that I took. Later.

rjm (I gotta not be so touchy - but really, I didn't want to share these at all - especially the pics of Vernon's grave :cry: )

P.S. -- I do truly appreciate everyone's lovely earlier comments. :smt049

(I know, I know: as Milton Berle joked to Elvis: "you need a Miltown."

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Thank You so much rjm for sharing your personal memories and pictures.

I appreciate it.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:44 pm

rjm wrote:
Energy Catalyzer wrote:Excellent photos. but not anything unusual. Of course, emotion is great about it. But hey, this has already been posted many times.
In any case, thank you

I'd just like to point out that the Polaroids of Vernon's grave so soon after his death are, indeed, unusual. As I said, I searched, and I found a pic on the 'net. One. There might be more, but I haven't seen them.

I was really sharing my experiences with photographs, especially those of Vernon's grave, and my own rose, and of myself there. So it was very personal, and thus "unusual." I had hoped people understood that, and maybe would appreciate it.

"But hey," I appreciate your candor.

Unlike you, I don't have rare pics of Elvis alive. I don't know if you took them, but I don't buy e-bay pics. If I took it, I took it. I would only post a life-pic with a question to help resolve an issue, or to answer a question. I was not lucky enough to get a pic of him in life, so it's not here. This is what I have - some of what I have, and it meant a lot to me, more than you can ever know, and I wasn't going to share 'em, but it was Easter and so I did. I did not share them because they were worth money or anything. Because they're not.

I had only hoped to convey something of the experience of Graceland during the time soon after his death, and an individual fan's experience at the time-period. I know the photos you post are rare and valuable.

Some of these were also rare and special. A couple actually quite unusual, but special to me because this was my experience, and it was a long, long time ago. And I thought it okay to share that fan-experience as well as the very sad and rare pics of Vernon's fresh grave. I guess I misjudged. I will keep them up for those who appreciated the thread and were so sweet.

I also have "not unusual" but excellent pics of Graceland that I took in the early days of the tours - the inside, the Pink Cadillac . . . I haven't posted them as yet. I guess they'd be boring, so maybe that's not a good idea. You've seen plenty in books, anyway. I also have extensive photos of "The Gold Cadillac." But you've probably seen that before, I'm sure.

I will soon post the picture of Conway Twitty in person I have that I took, and of Jerry Lee - not at the piano, that I took. Later.

rjm (I gotta not be so touchy - but really, I didn't want to share these at all - especially the pics of Vernon's grave :cry: )

P.S. -- I do truly appreciate everyone's lovely earlier comments. :smt049

(I know, I know: as Milton Berle joked to Elvis: "you need a Miltown."

You are a loyal fan ::rocks

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 am

minkahed wrote:Thank You so much rjm for sharing your personal memories and pictures.

I appreciate it.

Thank you!! :smt006

rjm

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 am

rjm, You are a very nice person. Much respect to you, ma'am.

I thank you for sharing all these moments and feelings with us. Brings tears to my eyes, honestly...
I've never been to Graceland or the US, but I surely plan to visit it someday. I really have the wish to pay my respects to Elvis, who's such a big part of my life and is a hero to me. His music has been with me since I was 5 and I can only expect to pass it to my children the day I'll be a father. Sharing my birthday with the day he passed away is also an emotional experience to me every year... Really confusing sometimes.

Thank you for the personal pictures and words. And all the best in your life! 8)
Last edited by billyblues on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 am

Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks so much for sharing those photos, and especially your lovely thoughts on that day. I made it there the first time shortly after you did, in June of 1980. It was still as you described it. Same little chains and ropes, but great freedom to wander and hang out as long as you liked. Same little shops across the street filled with souvenirs and kitsch and friendly people. Same ordinary walk across the street and through the gates.

Thanks for bringing all that back to me.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 am

You're all so VERY WELCOME!!! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Otherwise, I'm speechless. I know a lot of people are headed there now, and so I'm glad people got a look back. Many thanks, again!

rjm (Billy: in the future, when I'm Captain of The Enterprise, you can call me "sir," but right now it's still either the overly formal "Madam" or "Ms." or "Dr." or really, here, it's just Robin - or my handle. I'm a girrrrrllllll! :smt061 :D And thank you for your kind words, of course!)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 am

You know, you mentioned "another thread" in that other one and it took me some time to figure out which thread... Then I realized!

I am very sorry for that! I haven't clicked on your pic in the first page so I didn't see it. Looking at it right now it is clear that yes, you're a girl! And here I was calling you "sir"! I'm ashamed. :oops: As I hadn't much contact with you before I missed the fact that you're female. Forgive me for making wrong assumptions!

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:11 am

billyblues wrote:You know, you mentioned "another thread" in that other one and it took me some time to figure out which thread... Then I realized!

I am very sorry for that! I haven't clicked on your pic in the first page so I didn't see it. Looking at it right now it is clear that yes, you're a girl! And here I was calling you "sir"! I'm ashamed. :oops: As I hadn't much contact with you before I missed the fact that you're female. Forgive me for making wrong assumptions!

No big deal!

And yeah, either I'm obviously a girl, or I had quite the glandular condition! :smt005

rjm (my mom really liked me in those short haircuts! I remember when I was really, really little: and she told the person: "put a bowl on it, and cut it!" Not literally, but that was like an expression. She mentioned that she liked the Beatles' hair! And she was always "cut it, cut it!" It's longer now.)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:55 am

The first picture of Elvis grave without Vernon brought tears to my eyes. Why? I don't know!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

Renan wrote:The first picture of Elvis grave without Vernon brought tears to my eyes. Why? I don't know!

I wish I knew what to say. I guess, this week, it really hits you. I can't say "thank you" for making you cry, but you know what I mean. :smt049

rjm

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 am

rjm wrote:
Renan wrote:The first picture of Elvis grave without Vernon brought tears to my eyes. Why? I don't know!

I wish I knew what to say. I guess, this week, it really hits you. I can't say "thank you" for making you cry, but you know what I mean. :smt049

rjm

It is a weird week for me and my brother. We both commemorate birthday on August 17th but at the same time there is a mix of sadness and yearning for bygone days that I did not even witnessed (was not even born).

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:59 pm

These 2 pages on the net are probably the most valuable to me. Thank you Robin. I'm lost for words, can't say much other than again thank you Robin for sharing your love.

I'm so so far away both physically as well as spiritually from that world, yet I've always carried an yearning inside for something I can never know or feel. I suppose this is what Elvis did and still does, this is his power, his blessing.

"...I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world."

Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am

carpediem_ro wrote:These 2 pages on the net are probably the most valuable to me. Thank you Robin. I'm lost for words, can't say much other than again thank you Robin for sharing your love.

I'm so so far away both physically as well as spiritually from that world, yet I've always carried an yearning inside for something I can never know or feel. I suppose this is what Elvis did and still does, this is his power, his blessing.

"...I figure all any kid needs is hope and the feeling he or she belongs. If I could do or say anything that would give some kid that feeling, I would believe I had contributed something to the world."

That's my favorite quotation, of all the things he said. It sums up everything. And thank you for your kind words!

rjm

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Ty Robin fof sharing ya pictures - I Lov dem all - Ty so much ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks Robin.
I'm going in again tomorrow. Like I said elsewhere, the piano in the raquetball building, closely followed by the sundial suit reduced me to tears, along with a younger woman next to me.
I had already done the walk-up. It was overcast, then as we got to the meditation garden the sun broke through (you will see the photos later on FB). The visible things get to me more, things he wore or touched. I kind of blocked out that he was lying under that gravestone. Elvis is still so vital and 'present', and although I know he left us long ago, his spirit and charisma remain, unaltered.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 am

JaneTLC wrote:Thanks Robin.
I'm going in again tomorrow. Like I said elsewhere, the piano in the raquetball building, closely followed by the sundial suit reduced me to tears, along with a younger woman next to me.
I had already done the walk-up. It was overcast, then as we got to the meditation garden the sun broke through (you will see the photos later on FB). The visible things get to me more, things he wore or touched. I kind of blocked out that he was lying under that gravestone. Elvis is still so vital and 'present', and although I know he left us long ago, his spirit and charisma remain, unaltered.

Well, hello there Jane, been a long time . . . :smt002 :lol: I hear you're having a marvelous time!!! (We have a . . . member IN MEMPHIS RIGHT NOW!!! April 28, 2013. Has a nice name, kinda like my adopted middle name.)

Interesting: blocking out that he's there. I, on the other hand, thought a lot about it at the time, and every time I've been there. I realized that since I never saw him in life, I was as close to him as I'd ever get. And being that close was very emotional, but in a way, I felt like . . . I don't know, like if he is "somewhere," that he knew I was there with him. It was such a lonely place in April and June, 1979. But I knew he was there. It just felt so intensely personal and intimate.

Because I wasn't really ever close to my extended family, and only one had died at that time, this was like the first time I was at the grave of a "loved one." For real. I had lost an uncle in '73, and an aunt back when I was two years old, but we moved so much, that I was much "closer," in many ways, to Elvis. I guess that's unfortunate, but it's just the truth.

rjm
P.S. -- Hi Karlos! Didn't know you checked out this thread last year: ON MY BIRTHDAY! Thanks! You're always such a sweetie. :smt006

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 pm

rjm wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:Thanks Robin.

Well, hello there Jane, been a long time . . . :smt002 :lol: I hear you're having a marvelous time!!! (We have a . . . member IN MEMPHIS RIGHT NOW!!! April 28, 2013. Has a nice name, kinda like my adopted middle name.)

Interesting: blocking out that he's there. I, on the other hand, thought a lot about it at the time, and every time I've been there. I realized that since I never saw him in life, I was as close to him as I'd ever get. And being that close was very emotional, but in a way, I felt like . . . I don't know, like if he is "somewhere," that he knew I was there with him. It was such a lonely place in April and June, 1979. But I knew he was there. It just felt so intensely personal and intimate.

Because I wasn't really ever close to my extended family, and only one had died at that time, this was like the first time I was at the grave of a "loved one." For real. I had lost an uncle in '73, and an aunt back when I was two years old, but we moved so much, that I was much "closer," in many ways, to Elvis. I guess that's unfortunate, but it's just the truth.

rjm
P.S. -- Hi Karlos! Didn't know you checked out this thread last year: ON MY BIRTHDAY! Thanks! You're always such a sweetie. :smt006

...............................................................................................................................

Ty rjm -
im always lookn at old posts ( threads ) and revitalisng em - Ty for ya kind words as always to me - You are a good friend here to me - as always -Wishn you all the very best in ya Life - Speak soon -Take care- TCE4Evr - ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.