Post here your Elvis' pictures

What kind of camera is this

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Just came across tis photo in my files today, and notice the guy with the camera...is it a news cam ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What kind of camera is this

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 pm

It appears to be a 16mm movie camera, probably a Bolex. That picture was appraently at the Fairmont Mayo Hotel in Tulsa here http://themayohotel1-px.trvlclick.com/index.php

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 pm

indeed it looks like a 16mm camera. I know the picture but never saw the camera.
Hope someone can give us some more information.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:44 pm

James is right. It is the Bolex H-16EBM introduced 1971, simular to the camera below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 pm

promiseland wrote:James is right. It is the Bolex H-16EBM introduced 1971, simular to the camera below.

Bolex to you too! :smt003

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Tony.. wrote:
promiseland wrote:James is right. It is the Bolex H-16EBM introduced 1971, simular to the camera below.

Bolex to you too! :smt003

Sorry don't speak Retard-Latin ...

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

I always thought this series of 8 shots first published in Tunzi's Encore Performance II is very amusing, with James Caughley doing his best to spoil the filming... :D
caughley.jpg

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:35 am

As much as I would like to see this footage, it probably ended up in some attic and was thrown away in the trash by people who had no idea what was on the images. You'd get a headache when you stopped to ponder how much Elvis footage ended up like that.
But we live in hope. New footage can always still pop up.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:05 am

You know what's so cool? In the second picture posted by Scott Hayward where Elvis is acknowledging the people waiting outside to see him.

When I worked at Radio in the UK, 'celebrities' 9 times out of 10 would insist on coming in the 'back door' to avoid those that were waiting at the front with their camera's and autograph books. I remember one time in the winter young girls standing outside in the freezing snow waiting to see Robbie Williams. I told him when he was going to leave that there was 'fans' outside who had been waiting to see him for hours and had missed school to be there, about a dozen or so, and that it would be nice if he just went outside for 5 minutes. He looked at me as if it was a stupid request and of course then left through the back. It's always stuck in my mind as being a really shitty thing to do.

Of course Elvis taking time-out for even just a wave is well documented but it remains just one of the things I love about him.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am

Thankyou all for the replys and information it would be great if the footage did turn up some day, or maybe its just lost to time.