Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Not if the class group photos were taken at the end of the school year, then it would be around April/May 1947.


School photos (portraits, class) are usually taken in late-September, early-October of the school year.


At May Street School, they were always shot in Spring.

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:48 pm

elvisjock wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:Not if the class group photos were taken at the end of the school year, then it would be around April/May 1947.


School photos (portraits, class) are usually taken in late-September, early-October of the school year.


At May Street School, they were always shot in Spring.


Well, of course -- May comes in Spring. ;-)

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 am

Image
Wasn't posted here yet. I strongly believe it's 1948. I also believe Elvis took the right one whil Vernon took the left one. I don't know, just saying.

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 am

douglasvcampos wrote:Image
Wasn't posted here yet. I strongly believe it's 1948. I also believe Elvis took the right one whil Vernon took the left one. I don't know, just saying.

Nice...I like your theory and think you may be right.

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 am

ranskal wrote:
douglasvcampos wrote:Image
Wasn't posted here yet. I strongly believe it's 1948. I also believe Elvis took the right one whil Vernon took the left one. I don't know, just saying.

Nice...I like your theory and think you may be right.

Also, the right one is in a lower perspective :P

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:26 am

It varies by the school. (Or school system.)

I went to 17 different schools before high school. In one, I know it was the beginning if the year, cause I was gone by spring. But they sent the yearbook, and I'm in it. (It was October, cause there's also pics of the Halloween party.)

In others, it was definitely done in the spring (One says "March.") In still others, it varied, and I often missed out.

So, Iacking documentation, we cannot say the month. Best would be to contact a classmate: Ausburn is the logical choice. And Forbes. Far as I know, they're still just fine.

Oh, George Klein! Marty also went to Humes, I believe.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 am

rjm wrote:It varies by the school. (Or school system.)

I went to 17 different schools before high school. In one, I know it was the beginning if the year, cause I was gone by spring. But they sent the yearbook, and I'm in it. (It was October, cause there's also pics of the Halloween party.)

In others, it was definitely done in the spring (One says "March.") In still others, it varied, and I often missed out.

So, Iacking documentation, we cannot say the month. Best would be to contact a classmate: Ausburn is the logical choice. And Forbes. Far as I know, they're still just fine.

Oh, George Klein! Marty also went to Humes, I believe.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


Forbes? Are you talking about Buzzy Forbess? Buzzy graduated in class of 55, I believe George Klein would know more about class pictures dates than Buzzy.
And yea someone should ask Ausborn. I just don't know where he lives today. I think he's still living in Tupelo.

Re: Early Elvis in Tupelo --> Correct Dates?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 am

douglasvcampos wrote:
rjm wrote:It varies by the school. (Or school system.)

I went to 17 different schools before high school. In one, I know it was the beginning if the year, cause I was gone by spring. But they sent the yearbook, and I'm in it. (It was October, cause there's also pics of the Halloween party.)

In others, it was definitely done in the spring (One says "March.") In still others, it varied, and I often missed out.

So, Iacking documentation, we cannot say the month. Best would be to contact a classmate: Ausburn is the logical choice. And Forbes. Far as I know, they're still just fine.

Oh, George Klein! Marty also went to Humes, I believe.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


Forbes? Are you talking about Buzzy Forbess? Buzzy graduated in class of 55, I believe George Klein would know more about class pictures dates than Buzzy.
And yea someone should ask Ausborn. I just don't know where he lives today. I think he's still living in Tupelo.


Yep, that Buzzy. (You got the spelling right; I did not.) The "professional neighbor." (You know your Elvis, ole man! A lesson to our friend "Errol Flynn." ;) )

And, thanks.

rjm ::rocks