Post here your Elvis' pictures

St Louis '55

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

From John Hartford great fan website. I recommend having a look at it if you didn't know about it and are an Ole Opry fan. A cool place to spend the time watching pictures and listening stuff at the audio section.

Anyway, I don't know if this one's been posted before but it's new to me. If I'm not wrong it should have been taken in Oct. '55.
http://www.johnhartford.org/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: St Louis '55

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Aunt Delta wrote:From John Hartford great fan website. I recommend having a look at it if you didn't know about it and are an Ole Opry fan. A cool place to spend the time watching pictures and listening stuff at the audio section.

Anyway, I don't know if this one's been posted before but it's new to me. If I'm not wrong it should have been taken in Oct. '55.
http://www.johnhartford.org/

Frickin awesome! Thanks again AD!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Amazing!
That was one of the shows in the days following the Cleveland area appearances and the Pied Piper filming etc...

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 am

You are masterful at digging out some extremely rare and interesting images!

Again, thank you muchly. Below are the photo details.

551021-22_w Smokey Mountain Boys.JPG

"Pap and His Jug Band" w/friends
Friday, October 21 or Saturday, October 22, 1955, Missouri Theatre, St. Louis, MO

L-R: Robert Lunn (washboard), Scotty Moore, Elvis, Howdy Forrester (bass fiddle), Bill Black, Lonnie "Pap" Wilson (guitar), Roy Acuff and Beecher Ray Kirby (AKA "Bashful Brother Oswald").

---

The other candids from the Grand Ole Opry back then are also a treat:

Spring Crossing in the morning fog
Misc Photo Index

I took the first 15 or so photos with the assistance of Paul Breidenbach during the mid 50's. Considering where it was up until the mid to late 40's & where it's gone today, I think the Grand Ole Opry was in its prime during the late 40's up until the mid 60's.

A bit over thirteen years later, Elvis would cut a great version of Hartford's "Gentle On My Mind."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank you very much Doctor, my pleasure. It wouldn't be as fun finding them if I couldn't share them with anyone!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks for the great picture Aunt Delta and for the info a big thank you to the doc.