Post here your Elvis' pictures

Some 50s photos

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 am

I´m hopeless with these 50s photos, and too lazy to check. Are any of these rare?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Some 50s photos

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 am

And three candid shots...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 am

The candid with DJ Bill Randle is the first time I've seen it upcropped. Is it from CBS-TV New York?

And the Tupelo 1957 concert shot seems new to these eyes. All of them are terrific! The final candid appears to be from mid-1955 and also look new.

bripet56, we need you!

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:03 am

The fool wrote:I´m hopeless with these 50s photos, and too lazy to check. Are any of these rare?

No. Dayton in May 27, 1956, Tupelo sept. 57 and the Pan Pacific October 28, 1957

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:16 am

The fool wrote:And three candid shots...

Im pretty sure the second one is Bill Randle. I don't believe I've seen it before.
The last one is on the stage at the Hayride. I've seen it before but I think cropped. Yeah, this one

Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:03 am

Thank you very much for these photos. The candid with little girl looks like early 1958 (January?)

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:45 pm

All Great Photos!! Thanks!! :smt006

Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
The fool wrote:I´m hopeless with these 50s photos, and too lazy to check. Are any of these rare?

No. Dayton in May 27, 1956, Tupelo sept. 57 and the Pan Pacific October 28, 1957

Correct James.

As for the other three.
The one with the little girl I also believe is from Jan 1958.
The one with Bill Randle is from March 17, 1956
The Hayride photo is maybe from Jan 21, 1956. I´m not 100% sure about this date as I never found an ad for this show although there were ads for all the other shows from around Sept 1955 and onwards.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

The question was whether any of these are rare. Three appear to be.

drjohncarpenter wrote:The candid with DJ Bill Randle is the first time I've seen it upcropped. Is it from CBS-TV New York?

And the Tupelo 1957 concert shot seems new to these eyes. All of them are terrific! The final candid appears to be from mid-1955 and also look new.

The last one also appears to have a pen laying across the image.

Anyone know more?

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The question was whether any of these are rare. Three appear to be.

drjohncarpenter wrote:The candid with DJ Bill Randle is the first time I've seen it upcropped. Is it from CBS-TV New York?

Anyone know more?

I don´t think it´s a pen Doc.
Looks like a microphone-stand to me. Could be part of Elvis´arm and hand in the upper corner holding the stand.
Would love to see that photo as well.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 pm

bripet56 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:The question was whether any of these are rare. Three appear to be.

Anyone know more?

Looks like a microphone-stand to me. Could be part of Elvis´arm and hand in the upper corner holding the stand.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Whatever it is, like the Doc, I don't believe it to be part of the original picture. Its in front of the picture and not in the cropped version I posted. Elvis arm and hand is on the waist of the girl

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
bripet56 wrote:

Anyone know more?

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Whatever it is, like the Doc, I don't believe it to be part of the original picture. Its in front of the picture and not in the cropped version I posted. Elvis arm and hand is on the waist of the girl

I absolutely agree. I never thought it to be part of this photo. That´s why I ended my previous post by saying that I would like to see that photo as well.

I believe the photo is scanned from a magazine where another photo was laid in over the right side of "our" photo.
Maybe a photo of Elvis onstage.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 pm

bripet56 wrote:...I believe the photo is scanned from a magazine where another photo was laid in over the right side of "our" photo.
Maybe a photo of Elvis onstage.

This is perhaps a tad clearer, albeit cropped:

Elvis - Mobile.jpg

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 am

JamesVRoy wrote:Whatever it is, like the Doc, I don't believe it to be part of the original picture. Its in front of the picture and not in the cropped version I posted. Elvis arm and hand is on the waist of the girl

It's a color object as well, the photo is black and white.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Really cool pics!!!!! I love it! Thank you my friends!! :wink: