Post here your Elvis' pictures

Who the hell is this

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:30 am

Can someone let me know who this is. I can see Elvis, Red,Sonny,Joe,Vernon,Marty, Dick but who's the guy behind Red looking like he is wearing the same jackets as the others. Paul brilliant phots and thanks for letting us see these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Who the hell is this

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 am

xmascarrol wrote:Can someone let me know who this is. I can see Elvis, Red,Sonny,Joe,Vernon,Marty, Dick but who's the guy behind Red looking like he is wearing the same jackets as the others. Paul brilliant phots and thanks for letting us see these.

Not everyone in Elvis' confirmed group is wearing a red jacket (Jerry, Vernon, Dick). The fellow may have been part of the security there, or a lucky fan or employee.

Or he might well be Ken Hicks.

Who Replaced "Hamburger" James? A Mystery No More !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53187

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:34 am

I put that Marty lacker was in this photo now looking at it again i think it Hamburger james next to Joe and dick .

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 pm

He has got the look of Mark Chapman...thankfuly it was not! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

ImageImage

It does not at all the same jacket at all as the team. I do not know who this guy

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Its the same jacket....

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:01 pm

okay Kenny, better view

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Looks like from 73 or 74,i think he wore the Orange sunburst .

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 pm

March 7th, 1974.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... oup74.html

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Nice call, Doc. I'd say Kenny Hicks.

Have we seen any other Hicks pics?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Regarding Chapman, found the following info.

Born, May, 1955. As I knew, graduated high school in Decatur, GA. Most likely, 1973.

Worked at Ft. Chaffee, Arkansas with Indochina refugees. Briefly went to Community College(s), including one in Tennessee.

His work at Chaffee was well-known: Pres. Ford shook his hand.

He was into spiritualism, and had taken a lot of LSD, particularly in high school, and was also a born-again Christian (not at all different than the life-course of some of the Stanley boys . . . his age, drugs in high school, same religious interests).

Then, in 1976, in an article called "The Life and Crime of Mark David Chapman," this appears. It was just after the try at the Tennessee college:

"Soon after, Chapman became a security guard. Friends say Dana Reeves led him into it. In the summer of 1976 Mark took a one-week course for guards at Atlanta Area Technical School. As always, he was determined to excel, and on the firing range test he scored 80 points on a scale of 100. He worked for two local security firms after that. Then in the fall he gave school one last try, enrolling at DeKalb Community College again, taking evening courses in world literature and economics. Once more he quit, this time before the term was over. He had failed at college now for the third time, the love of his life had left him, and his future appeared bleak and uncharted. He had failed miserably and absolutely, for good."

I wonder where the "security firms" deployed him? Or why he wanted to be a security guard . . . they sometimes worked for celebrities. Maybe he'd met some "security guards . . ." He lived in the south, mostly. He was definitely old enough to be in that picture. He graduated high school in approximately 1973. And the person in the pic has longer hair, and looks a bit younger. The face is a ringer.

Whoever he was, he must have been a short-termer. Can anybody see this person in any other picture?

Very strange. I don't think so, but very strange.

What did Hicks look like? If anyone can find a pic of Ken Hicks, please POST!

Who, indeed?

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 pm

X
Wrong date.
Last edited by rjm on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm

kenny wrote:March 7th, 1974.
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... oup74.html

Thanks. Didn't see that. Still, intriguing.

I would wager it was Ken Hicks, but I didn't Kindle his memoir. Hard to tell when he started. I looked at a sample, but it didn't have any pictures of Hicks from the '70s. I could get the book, but no guarantee of photos. It's hard to say how long he was there. He said he hadn't seen him in two years in the fall of '76. But he worked for him, and said he worked for him for "two-plus" years. If this includes '76, he would have been there a very short time. And there is no confirmation that it is him in the picture. I saw his picture; he's a very large man, but that photo is undated. So, it's unclear. Anyone know Hicks' start date, and which times, and where he worked for him? I could download the book, and I'm getting hooked on this topic, so maybe I will.

The resemblence is terrifying! And they were both born-again Christians, both about the same size (Hicks could have been larger, judging by the other photo), both southerners, both security guards . . . weird, man. WEIRD!

rjm
P. S. -- If Elvis were still alive on December 8, 1980, he would have been watching Monday Night Football. That's a given. After the game, during which the murder was announced, the news came on. Soon, the killer's photograph was shown. Elvis would have jumped from his seat and shouted: "Oh Lord Have Mercy, it's Ken Hicks!!!!!!!!"

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 am

xmascarrol wrote:I put that Marty lacker was in this photo now looking at it again i think it Hamburger james next to Joe and dick .

That IS Hamburger James. :shock:

So, how can it be Ken Hicks? If he replaced him . . .

rjm
P.S. -- Did they perhaps work concurrently? Would Hicks even know; they wouldn't want to tell him what "happened" to Hamburger James, now would they?

I think I'm gonna download the book. For ten bucks, it's worth it. Well, I could get a real book for that money, but I'm intrigued.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 am

VEGAS74 wrote:He has got the look of Mark Chapman...thankfuly it was not! 8)

Sure as hell looks like the same guy to me.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 am

promiseland wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:He has got the look of Mark Chapman...thankfuly it was not! 8)

Sure as hell looks like the same guy to me.

If you're not pulling our legs, I have to agree!

I haven't downloaded it yet. But even if "Ken" went to Hawaii for a while, and then to New York, it wouldn't be in the book!! :smt002

Did "Ken" have a double life, as a :smt071

I don't know if I'm kidding or not! The resemblance is truly uncanny.

rjm

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Or he might well be Ken Hicks.

Who Replaced "Hamburger" James? A Mystery No More !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53187

Sure looks like him :)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:59 am

No rjm I'm not kidding that looks just like the Mark Chapman, ..
wheres the Doc when you need him?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 am

promiseland wrote:No rjm I'm not kidding that looks just like the Mark Chapman, ..

Well, I went and got the book. Haven't read it yet. Doc said he decided not to do so.

Ordinarily, that would be sensible, except for some strange things. (They're "happenin' every day": Sister Rosetta Tharpe said that.)

rjm
P.S. -- I mean, I could have gotten a book on the quatunm (sp?) nature of consciousness. But I got Ken Hicks! Better be a good read.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 am

rjm wrote:
promiseland wrote:No rjm I'm not kidding that looks just like the Mark Chapman, ..

Well, I went and got the book. Haven't read it yet. Doc said he decided not to do so.

Ordinarily, that would be sensible, except for some strange things. (They're "happenin' every day": Sister Rosetta Tharpe said that.)

rjm
P.S. -- I mean, I could have gotten a book on the quatunm (sp?) nature of consciousness. But I got Ken Hicks! Better be a good read.

Translate please.. :|

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 am

Could somebody "ask Marty" about this dude?

rjm

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm

kenny wrote:Its the same jacket....

Kenny - do you have the full photo in the same quality as the cut out you posted?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Nope, i only have the left side of the photo in that quality :lol: the rest of the photo have poor quality.
I have the two photos you got on your page in superb quality 8)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 pm

kenny wrote:Nope, i only have the left side of the photo in that quality :lol: the rest of the photo have poor quality.
I have the two photos you got on your page in superb quality 8)

Can I use them on the Candid Central link...pretty please smt125

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:04 am

And I was kidding!...it is not him :roll: