Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis photographed with black entertainers in HR

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 am

I want to collect these to make a personal original t-shirt or poster collage, not sure yet; but given the fact that great pictures do exist with The King and great black entertainers like Muhammad Ali (yeah boxer foremost), Mahalia Jackson, Brook Benton, Bobby Blue Bland, Junior Parker, Sammy Davis Jr., BB King, Jackie Wilson, Roy Hamilton, Myrna Smith, Cissy Houston, Jim Brown, Fats Domino, I thought it be a good idea one because it looks cool and two because it makes a positive statement. There's still prejudice about Elvis and black entertainers of his day, and this would be a nice way to counter that.

I need the highest resolutions possible though, as clear as possible. All I find is low resolutions, when I blow them up they become blurry.

Was Elvis ever photographed with James Brown, Chuck Berry, Little Richard ?

ANY picture in HR with Elvis and an unknown or less known black person is welcome too!

Post them here please or e-mail at: james27@telenet.be

Thanks!

Re: Elvis photographed with black entertainers in HR

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:29 am

Ernest C. Withers pic - Brook and Elvis.
Ellis Auditorium - Memphis - December 6, 1957.

http://rebekahjacobgallery.com/ernest-withers

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 am

I can't upload at this time but who is that woman he's about to . . . well kiss? He's in her face and his eyes are burning into her. She looks very happy.

I would LOVE a tee shirt like that!

Caption: "If I can dream of a better land where all my brothers walk hand-in-hand"
Or the James Brown quote

rjm

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:03 am

Like I said earlier to a fellow fan through e-mail, why not a whole book about Elvis and Black culture?

Such a book with that focus (Elvis and the African-American entertainment community let's say) would make an interesting subject even in itself. Elvis' roots in, respect for, and involvement with black music, culture, and black entertainers throughout his life and career. It would be eye-catching for the buying public and very positive image-wise at the same time and a great counter-balance against what Public Enemy etc. (Mary J. Blige) proclaimed since the 80s, about Elvis.

Bring on the high resolution pictures, people! :)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:27 am

Perhaps you could contact Charles WSIR Johnson.

His film "Blue Suede Shoes In The Hood" predated Michael Rose's work.

Go to his site!

rjm
P.S. If you do, lemme know how it goes!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:36 am

Not quite on-topic but interesting nonetheless, here's a link to a clip: http://wsirarts.com/Sahkerag.aspx

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 am

James27 wrote:Like I said earlier to a fellow fan through e-mail, why not a whole book about Elvis and Black culture?

Such a book with that focus (Elvis and the African-American entertainment community let's say) would make an interesting subject even in itself. Elvis' roots in, respect for, and involvement with black music, culture, and black entertainers throughout his life and career. It would be eye-catching for the buying public and very positive image-wise at the same time and a great counter-balance against what Public Enemy etc. (Mary J. Blige) proclaimed since the 80s, about Elvis.

Bring on the high resolution pictures, people! :)

I haven't read this book (yet), but it looks very interesting.

http://www.press.uillinois.edu/books/catalog/79fye2sx9780252072703.html

Good luck in your search for these photos. I look forward to seeing them.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:47 am

James27 wrote:I want to collect these to make a personal original t-shirt or poster collage, not sure yet; but given the fact that great pictures do exist with The King and great black entertainers like Muhammad Ali (yeah boxer foremost), Mahalia Jackson, Brook Benton, Bobby Blue Bland, Junior Parker, Sammy Davis Jr., BB King, Jackie Wilson, Roy Hamilton, Myrna Smith, Cissy Houston, Jim Brown, Fats Domino, I thought it be a good idea one because it looks cool and two because it makes a positive statement. There's still prejudice about Elvis and black entertainers of his day, and this would be a nice way to counter that.

I need the highest resolutions possible though, as clear as possible. All I find is low resolutions, when I blow them up they become blurry.

ANY picture in HR with Elvis and an unknown or less known black person is welcome too!

Thanks!

What about pictures of Elvis with a yellow or red person?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 am

Be careful what you wish for.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:08 am

James27 wrote:I want to collect these to make a personal original t-shirt or poster collage, not sure yet; but given the fact that great pictures do exist with The King and great black entertainers like Muhammad Ali (yeah boxer foremost), Mahalia Jackson, Brook Benton, Bobby Blue Bland, Junior Parker, Sammy Davis Jr., BB King, Jackie Wilson, Roy Hamilton, Myrna Smith, Cissy Houston, Jim Brown, Fats Domino, I thought it be a good idea one because it looks cool and two because it makes a positive statement. There's still prejudice about Elvis and black entertainers of his day, and this would be a nice way to counter that.

Thanks!

that's a cool idea to make a tshirt with a collage (sp) of differernt pictures of him with black entertainers..why can't EPE think of something like that with a quote from a black artists on it talking about how he made the way for black entertainers..what are some good quotes that could be used? I like your idea

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:17 am

rjm wrote:I can't upload at this time but who is that woman he's about to . . . well kiss? He's in her face and his eyes are burning into her. She looks very happy.

Caption: "If I can dream of a better land where all my brothers walk hand-in-hand"
Or the James Brown quote

rjm

Elvis with Ann-Margret?

http://photos.elvispresley.com.au/kisses/elvis.html

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:31 am

joshferrell wrote:

Thanks!

that's a cool idea to make a tshirt with a collage (sp) of differernt pictures of him with black entertainers..why can't EPE think of something like that with a quote from a black artists on it talking about how he made the way for black entertainers..what are some good quotes that could be used? I like your idea

"Elvis was a giant and influenced everyone in the business."
-Isaac Hayes

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:41 am

joshferrell wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you! I always liked this one from Soulbrother nr. 1:

"He taught white America to get down" - James Brown

MORE:

Jackie Wilson:
"A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis."

Al Green:
"Elvis had an influence on everybody with his musical approach. He broke the ice for all of us."

Chuck Berry:
"Blacks didn't have the air--waves Elvis had. He delivered what he obtained beautifully."

Sammy Davis Jr.:
"There was something just bordering on rudeness about Elvis. He never actually did anything rude, but he always seemed as if he was just going to. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate him eleven."

Little Richard:
"He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music."

Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:43 am

EPA4368 wrote:
rjm wrote:I can't upload at this time but who is that woman he's about to . . . well kiss? He's in her face and his eyes are burning into her. She looks very happy.

Or the James Brown quote

rjm

Elvis with Ann-Margret?

drjohncarpenter wrote:
What about pictures of Elvis with a yellow or red person?

Here you go, Doc, Elvis with a RED person ! :smt005

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:26 am

James27 wrote:
joshferrell wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you! I always liked this one from Soulbrother nr. 1:

"He taught white America to get down" - James Brown

MORE:

Jackie Wilson:
"A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis."

Al Green:
"Elvis had an influence on everybody with his musical approach. He broke the ice for all of us."

Chuck Berry:
"Blacks didn't have the air--waves Elvis had. He delivered what he obtained beautifully."

Sammy Davis Jr.:
"There was something just bordering on rudeness about Elvis. He never actually did anything rude, but he always seemed as if he was just going to. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate him eleven."

Little Richard:
"He was an integrator, Elvis was a blessing. They wouldn't let black music through. He opened the door for black music."

Wonderful quotes. I think your idea for a T-shirt or poster is great. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 am

That's not the picture. {grin}

rjm

EPA4368 wrote:

Or the James Brown quote

rjm

Elvis with Ann-Margret?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 pm

joshferrell wrote:that's a cool idea to make a tshirt with a collage (sp) of differernt pictures of him with black entertainers..why can't EPE think of something like that with a quote from a black artists on it talking about how he made the way for black entertainers..what are some good quotes that could be used? I like your idea

Because EPE knows when to let things die out .
I don't know which is worse the "Elvis In Concert" topics or the 'Racial" topics

Trying to prove Elvis wasn't a racist all the time just makes it look like he was.
You will never change some peoples minds no matter what you do or say, let it go.

..a t-shirt with a collage with different black entertainers..boy that will sure convince EVERYONE!! :roll:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:12 pm

promiseland wrote:
joshferrell wrote:that's a cool idea to make a tshirt with a collage (sp) of differernt pictures of him with black entertainers..why can't EPE think of something like that with a quote from a black artists on it talking about how he made the way for black entertainers..what are some good quotes that could be used? I like your idea

Because EPE knows when to let things die out .
I don't know which is worse the "Elvis In Concert" topics or the 'Racial" topics

Trying to prove Elvis wasn't a racist all the time just makes it look like he was.
You will never change some peoples minds no matter what you do or say, let it go.

..a t-shirt with a collage with different black entertainers..boy that will sure convince EVERYONE!! :roll:

That doesn't take away from the fact that it is cool to look at. That's the most important part, the convincing part is up to the viewer, the passer-by. I'm sure, though, that many non-Elvis fans would be surprised and think it cool, too. It's not something one expects to see on an ordinary Elvis t-shirt.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 pm

This page from elvis.com.au has several pictures of Elvis with entertainers. But some are not very good quality like you asked for.

There's Sammy Davis Jr., Fats Domino, B.B. King, Junior Parker, Mahalia Jackson, Barbara McNair ("Change of Habit" co-star), Billy Ward, Rufus Thomas Jr., Muhammad Ali, Jackie Wilson, Roy Hamilton, Jim Brown and some others. There's also some quotes from several people.

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvis_not_racist.shtml

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 pm

i have more but i will look them up tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:50 pm

KatluvsElvis wrote:This page from elvis.com.au has several pictures of Elvis with entertainers. But some are not very good quality like you asked for.

There's Sammy Davis Jr., Fats Domino, B.B. King, Junior Parker, Mahalia Jackson, Barbara McNair ("Change of Habit" co-star), Billy Ward, Rufus Thomas Jr., Muhammad Ali, Jackie Wilson, Roy Hamilton, Jim Brown and some others. There's also some quotes from several people.

And many, if not all of these, were taken from other sites, like FECC. It's what they do.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
KatluvsElvis wrote:This page from elvis.com.au has several pictures of Elvis with entertainers. But some are not very good quality like you asked for.

And many, if not all of these, were taken from other sites, like FECC. It's what they do.

Lets not forget TKC...some beautiful pictures get posted over there, first class all the way.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:55 pm

James27 wrote:I want to collect these to make a personal original t-shirt or poster collage, not sure yet; but given the fact that great pictures do exist with The King and great black entertainers...

1969 at "Change of Habit" film set with Barbara McNair.

1966 at "Double Trouble" film set with Junior Parker.

Aug 20th, 1974, with Jackie Wilson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:31 am

rjm wrote:I can't upload at this time but who is that woman he's about to . . . well kiss?
He's in her face and his eyes are burning into her.
She looks very happy.

I don't know if it's the pic you are thinking of, but I find this one quite sensuous !

69nose.jpg

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:56 am

ColinB wrote:
rjm wrote:I can't upload at this time but who is that woman he's about to . . . well kiss?
He's in her face and his eyes are burning into her.
She looks very happy.

I don't know if it's the pic you are thinking of, but I find this one quite sensuous !

69nose.jpg

So do I. You can almost sense the electricity between them! Our boy had it, no doubt!