Post here your Elvis' pictures

Priscilla at Vernon & Dee's wedding????

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

If that IS Priscilla standing behind the happy couple, how come SHE was at their wedding and Elvis wasn't????!!!! If it isn't Priscilla, who can it be?
VERNON DEE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Priscilla at Vernon & Dee's wedding????

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Vernon marries Dee Stanley in Hunstville, AL, on july 3, 1960. Elvis does not attend and at that time Anita Wood was his girlfriend.

Maybe this picture is from another date.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

It sure looks like a wedding with the fancy hat and all.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Dee's dress doesnt look like a dress for a bride ...

Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Francesc wrote:Dee's dress doesnt look like a dress for a bride ...

You're right it doesn't but I don't think any dress would have helped her look like a bride.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm

The wedding -->
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 pm

TONY. wrote:If that IS Priscilla standing behind the happy couple, how come SHE was at their wedding and Elvis wasn't????!!!! If it isn't Priscilla, who can it be?

The caption reads: Vernon Presley and his wife Dee on their wedding day.

"on their wedding day" must refer to Priscilla and Elvis' nuptials, in Las Vegas on May 1, 1967.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Caption is mistaken. It was neither Presley wedding day.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:12 pm

The answer is in the title , it says Vernon and his wife Dee on their wedding day ,
Not Vernon and Dee on their wedding day, so they were already married which would make this an anniversary day circa 65, 66, 67 . which someone who did that article was confused what was going on when this shot was taken.
Or possibly meaning "on their" Elvis and Priscilla's wedding day sometime before the wedding .

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 pm

promiseland wrote:The answer is in the title , it says Vernon and his wife Dee on their wedding day ,
Not Vernon and Dee on their wedding day, so they were already married which would make this an anniversary day circa 65, 66, 67 . which someone who did that article was confused what was going on when this shot was taken.
Or possibly meaning "on their" Elvis and Priscilla's wedding day sometime before the wedding .

I'm still not convinced. Any anyway, in 1960, wasn't Priscilla still in Germany?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:30 pm

"The happy bride and groom"

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Maybe Priscilla, Vernon and Dee were celebrating Kentucky Derby Day?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

To me, it reads Vernon and Dee on THEIR wedding day - nobody else's, but as we can see, the attire is different to the colour picture attire. Hmmmm...

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 pm

it was a Memphis festivity, but don't recall which one.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Is she still kicking?

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Is she still kicking?

Eh?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:08 pm

"Is she still kicking", is slang terminology used (mostly in the Southern states) meaning: "Is/Are they still living?" and to that question, I will answer: Yes, Dee is still living.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Mike C wrote:Maybe Priscilla, Vernon and Dee were celebrating Kentucky Derby Day?

Maybe Priscilla and Dee were celebrating Floppy Hat Day.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 pm

promiseland wrote:The answer is in the title , it says Vernon and his wife Dee on their wedding day ,

Your guess is probably correct -- looking at the fashions, I would say this is circa July 3, 1967, on Dee and Vernon's 7th anniversary. Maybe they had a party -- I'll wager Elvis was not there.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 am

a family event looks favourite

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 am

Didn't care for any of the hats...

Glad those hats went out of style by end of the decade.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Your guess is probably correct -- looking at the fashions, I would say this is circa July 3, 1967, on Dee and Vernon's 7th anniversary. Maybe they had a party -- I'll wager Elvis was not there.

Looks that period for sure.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:21 am

The timeframe of the article is clearly wrong.

Priscilla looks real young there it looks like 1963.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 pm

to my eyes she looks the same as the wedding photos so I would go for 67

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm

EPA4368 wrote:

OUCH!!!

'Dressed to the hilt'? Understatement of the decade! Damn!