Post here your Elvis' pictures

Blue Swirl photo

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 pm

i have this postcard from the Elvis exhition that was in Blackpool in the late 1980s.anyone know the date ?please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by keninlincs on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Given the bandage on his hand, it's from the Sept.-Oct. 1974 tour. I think it is from the 9/28/74 College Park, MD show.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks Mike i thought it was college park

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Looks more like Dayton Oct. 6, 1974 (Afternoon Show) to me, but I may be wrong...

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:28 am

Mike C wrote:Given the bandage on his hand, it's from the Sept.-Oct. 1974 tour. I think it is from the 9/28/74 College Park, MD show.


I agree. I think it was taken by Len Leech.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 am

According to the booklet of "Walk A MIle In My Shoes - The Essential '70s Masters" box-set says "Las Vegas, 1974", but I don't think it is correct.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:23 pm

It's college park I worked at that Exhibition Ken as a 15 year old :mrgreen:

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I always loved this shot...

Image
(photo courtesy of www.elvis.com.au)

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm

JimmyCool wrote:According to the booklet of "Walk A MIle In My Shoes - The Essential '70s Masters" box-set says "Las Vegas, 1974", but I don't think it is correct.


That day is wrong.


lvs4evr wrote:found it and the date on back of photo is sept,28,1974 KEN . MIKE C , and JAVIER are right.



::rocks

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:41 pm

This foldout poster has credits for Rosemarie Leech on the photos and the date Sept 28 74 Maryland...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 am

It's from Maryland October 28, 1974 indeed. Elvis looks pretty good in this photo, it disguised perfectly what was going on at the time.

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 am

Alexander wrote:It's from Maryland October 28, 1974 indeed. Elvis looks pretty good in this photo, it disguised perfectly what was going on at the time.


You mean September

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
Alexander wrote:It's from Maryland October 28, 1974 indeed. Elvis looks pretty good in this photo, it disguised perfectly what was going on at the time.


You mean September


Yep, September. I was with my head more with the troublesome shows of that era than with the exact date...

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Anybody ever seen a BLUE rainbow???? :mrgreen:

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:Anybody ever seen a BLUE rainbow???? :mrgreen:

No ,but i have seen a Blue moon

Re: Blue Rainbow photo

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:13 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:Anybody ever seen a BLUE rainbow???? :mrgreen:

No ,but i have seen a Blue moon



But did it turn to gold??

Re: Blue Swirl photo

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:28 pm

I don't mean to disagree, but the lights behind Elvis seem to resemble the lights that were used at the Hilton in 1974??? Could it be Vegas from August 74?

rlj