Absolutely new for me, both of them! :shock:
Thank you so much for posting. :smt006

Re: Awesome: new shots with Tom Jones on stage ´73

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:47 am

I haven't seen these before. Thank you for posting such clear pictures! ::rocks

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 am

Wow... never seen before :D ::rocks

Do someone know what he did/say on stage with Mr. Jones??

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 pm

i think the first one is fake. Why his head is so big?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:49 pm

ah hell maybe not

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 pm

I always liked that jacket. Brian Setzer will be jealous.

Image Image

Image Image

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 am

WOW. Great pictures, what a hunk of a man Elvis was. Two things that instantly stand out. Firstly, that has got to be the last time he was that tanned! Also, I thought the last time he wore that belt was in the summer of 1972. Amazing to see him wearing it in the later summer of 1973 because to be frank, I didn't think it would still fit him.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:51 am

Awesome pictures! thanks for posting! :) Must say though that Elvis looks damn bloated around the waistline. Bigger than he looked on stage that season.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:WOW. Great pictures, what a hunk of a man Elvis was. Two things that instantly stand out. Firstly, that has got to be the last time he was that tanned! Also, I thought the last time he wore that belt was in the summer of 1972. Amazing to see him wearing it in the later summer of 1973 because to be frank, I didn't think it would still fit him.

Did you see post #8, page 1?

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:49 am

Assuming doc is correct on the date, a liitle more than a year after thevMSG press conference and the belt is so tight that it no longer drops ie when he lifts the belt it in response to the shy humble country boy question. No longer possible. That surprised me.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 am

Any belt may be adjusted.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:15 am

Doc you may be right but iirc correctly from my visit to graceland this one was sized fixed by the brass plates. I suppose he could have taken a plate off but that didnt seem the general direction of things. I needo find a photo of the belt itself.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:28 pm

It has to be said Tom looks better than Elvis in those pics.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Delboy wrote:It has to be said Tom looks better than Elvis in those pics.
Tom was always weird looking and overly hairy. Elvis on the other hand was much more attractive with his chiseled features like a statue.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 am

Elvisfan10 wrote:
Delboy wrote:It has to be said Tom looks better than Elvis in those pics.

Tom was always weird looking and overly hairy. Elvis on the other hand was much more attractive with his chiseled features like a statue.

Your posts are creepy. What in the hell is wrong with you? Dear, sweet Green, Green Grass of Home, Elvis Presley was a human being, NOT a deity.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm

here is the jacket today, one of my most highly prized possessions. It's simply beautiful in person
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:48 pm

It's a matter of Time wrote:here is the jacket today, one of my most highly prized possessions. It's simply beautiful in person

I'm speechless..
Actually I'm not: How and when did you manage to obtain that jacket?? Personally I don't particularly like it, but I wouldn't say no to having it my collection!

I find these pictures fascinating. I'd love to hear (or even better, see) a recording of that Tom Jones concert. I wonder if anyone in the audience had a camera rolling..

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:47 am

It's a matter of Time wrote:here is the jacket today, one of my most highly prized possessions. It's simply beautiful in person

It looks great!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:05 am

Your jacket looks just fantastic. What about that necklace and the belt? Did they also belong to Elvis?

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks for the comments Doc and the Fool. Yes the turquoise necklace was Elvis' and The source I'd just soon remain confidential on. Both the shirt and the pants were made by I.C Costume company and I've was fortunate to get documentation from Bill Belew on them. The turquoise belt was purchased Gil back in December of 1977. Thanks for the nice comments

Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:44 am

great jacket lucky you! :lol: :wink:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 pm

As promised here's a shot of Elvis' Thunderbird jacket from the back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:26 am

It's a matter of Time wrote:As promised here's a shot of Elvis' Thunderbird jacket from the back.

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 am

Now what do you make of these?
7 Orig. Photos of Elvis with Tom Jones,Ceasars Palace.Sept.1973

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks for pointing these out! Great to see and to confirm Elvis did speak with the Jones audience. I suspect he might be discussing Karate in the last shot: