Post here your Elvis' pictures

can anyone please date these

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:33 am

I came across these on facebook and would love to know the dates . Thank you in advance .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: can anyone please date these

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 am

I think the top one is June 17th 1972 in Chicago, and the bottom one is definitely the Opening Show from August 10th 1970.

As for the one in between, it's certainly from the August 1970 Vegas, run, but not 100% on the date. There are other pics in that same suit, dated August 22nd on Candid Central.

Hope that helps?

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:00 am

thank you DARRY MAC . here are some others . ::rocks ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:49 am

Aug70f12.jpg

is this the self man????

01.10.57-01.1.JPG

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:11 pm

The other concert photo is June 18th 1972 in Fort Worth, Texas.

Not sure about the candid, I'm afraid.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks a lot DARRY MAC , I really appreciate it . ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Ito Eats wrote:Image

is this the self man????

Those are definitely NOT the same person with Elvis.

Of course, both of these FB uploads appeared here first, except that our FECC photo experts did their best to identify them. It's irksome, to say the least.

The first may be Elvis with a representative of the Tropicana Hotel, or someone involved with the management of singer Charo, and likely taken backstage after the Saturday, August 22, 1970 MS.

See:
With Myron Cohen, August 1970
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78906&p=1209666#p1209666

The second depicts Elvis with Arthur Groom, a Lowe's State Theater manager whom the singer once worked for, at a WMC-TV fundraiser for Shelby United Neighbors, Inc. It was Memphis and Shelby County’s first united charity drive, and it aired live on Tuesday, October 1, 1957.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:31 am

Of course, both of these FB uploads appeared here first, except that our FECC photo experts did their best to identify them. It's irksome, to say the least.

But how did that previous discussion here come about? By someone posting a link to the photo on ebay! If no-one posts the pics, we can't discuss them! It's very hard to search the photo section here for a specific photo to find out if it's been discussed before, so some repetition is unavoidable.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 am

DarrylMac wrote:

But how did that previous discussion here come about? By someone posting a link to the photo on ebay! If no-one posts the pics, we can't discuss them! It's very hard to search the photo section here for a specific photo to find out if it's been discussed before, so some repetition is unavoidable.

eBay is besides the point I make.

You have not been paying attention if you consider the FB detritus overwhelming this section lately "some repetition."

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:40 am

motleycrue wrote:thank you DARRY MAC . here are some others . ::rocks ::rocks

The candid is probably from April 23, 1971. More pics from the occation:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... sdale.html