Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Rainfall suit

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

What a nice memory to share. So the suit looks a little oversized on you, but not that much. Nice photos btw and thanks for sharing.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:19 pm

thanks for the story and the photos!
Great to see. Also now easy to see the backside and till how far up the embroidery on the side comes.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:38 pm

eligain wrote:
mrst2b wrote:
eligain wrote:
chris j wrote:Please post a large clear picture of yourself, Eligain, so that we can all find nice things to say about you. I think you owe us this opportunity to relieve our feelings.

Here's a picture of me wearing Elvis's silver phoenix suit in 1977. Notice that my hair is clean and combed!

Do you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of pulling Elvis's memory to pieces? I have been a fan all my life and I have never seen a photo of him looking unkempt, and in my understanding of the man it would go against the grain to appear on stage looking scruffy.
All I can say is Elvis on his worst day looked more masculine in that suit than you ever will. Get a life.

Dude. I was 16. I never claimed to look better than Elvis. You need to get a life!

The problem "Dude" is yours- Mentally you still are 16 based on your post, you must be a very sad individual to have to resort to pulling Elvis memory apart - don't expect to make insulting remarks and expect no one to comment on them. :roll:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks Eligain for sharing your pics in Elvis's suit, a great story and precious memories I guess...
Have you any idea where the suit is today ?
However, if it was a new topic everybody should have give you a standing ovation that you shared the memories. Now it was something forced, you had to 'show' yourself..

'76 & 77 were heavy years for Elvis, we can't turn back times....

And now the end is near
So I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Please respect Elvis, and honor the man, in good and bad times....

Ed

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:54 pm

ed40 wrote:
Please respect Elvis, and honor the man, in good and bad times....

Ed

My point exactly.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 am

mrst2b: If somebody had told me that the first picture of you in the jumpsuit, was an picture of Jerry Shilling in 1975, I would have believed it :) . There are some similarities and don´t get upset, because Jerry is a quite handsome man. Thank you for the great story!

//Björn

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I think you misunderstand me. If this is a forum for Elvis fans why is not possible to discuss all aspects of the man and his music without being insulting and rude about him.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm

dreambear wrote:mrst2b: If somebody had told me that the first picture of you in the jumpsuit, was an picture of Jerry Shilling in 1975, I would have believed it :) . There are some similarities and don´t get upset, because Jerry is a quite handsome man. Thank you for the great story!

//Björn

Thanks for the compliment! I just wish I realized how important, special and lucky that moment was at the time. I was a big Elvis fan then but I was just so mortifyingly embarrassed that I didn't get to take in what was really happening. The ladies from the fan club kept asking me to put it on and I just felt so silly. Once I had it on, I couldn't wait to get it off. Now you would never get me out of it! I am so thankful that one of the ladies gave me a copy of her pictures or nobody would ever believe me. If I knew then what I know now, I would have probably ran home with the suit!!!

It does bother me when fans see pictures of Elvis, like those in the rainfall suit, and think he looks good. It hurts me to see Elvis in that condition. It's too bad Elvis couldn't see or realize how bad he really looked.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:01 am

wow loved the pictures and the chance to wear the real thing

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 pm

eligain wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Bangs were in style at the time. Wasn't a good look for Elvis.

There was a popular hair product around that time - a spray called "Dry Look." Men were moving away from the wet hair tonics and starting to use hairspray. Anybody remember the Dry Look commercials?

Bangs weren't in style in 1977. The mop top look hadn't been in style since like 1966. "The Dry Look" was the new mainstream look for men in the early 70's. Before, most men used hair tonic and styling creams (greasy kid stuff) like Brylcream, Wild Root and Pomade. By 1977 most men had quit using the styling creams for a long time. "The Dry Look" was no longer a new fad.

phpBB [video]

By 77, the mutton chops were out of style and men's hair was getting shorter. Think Saturday Night Fever. Style wise, Elvis was very out of step.

I guess he was "very out of step" at Humes High School when he wasn't wearing that crewcut too right? :roll:

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Hang on, look at David Soul in Starsky and Hutch, he had proper 70s hair and even a moustache in their 78-79 season, and he was 'cool'.

oh and great story and pics, many thanks

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 am

rizzy56 wrote:another nice pic

Kathy looks great in the picture...., anyway!

rlj