Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Rainfall suit

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 am

eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.
And you must be the next top model? :roll: Elvis was performing, his hair got messy and sweaty just like everyone else that performs, unless you expect the people back then to have stiff perfect hair that's more like concrete like today's performers. Oh no, his hair moved and he's dripping sweat! Can't you just feel the chaos ensuing? :|

Another blind fan. I'm not talking about his hair getting messy during the performance, I'm talking about him walking out on stage with uncombed dirty, greasy hair. Look at pictures 3,4,5,7 and 8. Except for the CBS special, in 76 and all of 77, Elvis's hair was uncombed and usually greasy looking from the beginning of each show. For some reason he quit caring how he looked and quit combing his hair. From 69 to 76, Elvis's hair was usually impeccable and through the rest of 76 and all of 77, his hair was a mess. Then add on top of that his horrible physical condition and wearing suits that accentuated that physical condition instead of complimenting it and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry but as a long time Elvis fan (since 1972), there is nothing flattering about these pictures. He was a mess.
Wow, you personally watched him wash and comb his hair? :roll: I'm not a blind fan, you're just shallow. You must be the next top model or quite possibly the next top ugly duckling. His hair doesn't look greasy, messy and uncombed. I also don't think he looks messy in general. You must enjoy calling everyone with health issues messy, greasy, uncombed and all around sloppy.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:05 am

Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.
And you must be the next top model? :roll: Elvis was performing, his hair got messy and sweaty just like everyone else that performs, unless you expect the people back then to have stiff perfect hair that's more like concrete like today's performers. Oh no, his hair moved and he's dripping sweat! Can't you just feel the chaos ensuing? :|

Another blind fan. I'm not talking about his hair getting messy during the performance, I'm talking about him walking out on stage with uncombed dirty, greasy hair. Look at pictures 3,4,5,7 and 8. Except for the CBS special, in 76 and all of 77, Elvis's hair was uncombed and usually greasy looking from the beginning of each show. For some reason he quit caring how he looked and quit combing his hair. From 69 to 76, Elvis's hair was usually impeccable and through the rest of 76 and all of 77, his hair was a mess. Then add on top of that his horrible physical condition and wearing suits that accentuated that physical condition instead of complimenting it and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry but as a long time Elvis fan (since 1972), there is nothing flattering about these pictures. He was a mess.
Wow, you personally watched him wash and comb his hair? :roll: I'm not a blind fan, you're just shallow. You must be the next top model or quite possibly the next top ugly duckling. His hair doesn't look greasy, messy and uncombed. I also don't think he looks messy in general. You must enjoy calling everyone with health issues messy, greasy, uncombed and all around sloppy.

You don't think Elvis's hair in mostly 1977 didn't look uncombed and sometimes greasy? You are a blind fan. Just look at the pictures. Compare the pictures from 69 thru 75 to most of 76 and 77 and you can't see the difference? Then you are blind. Elvis just didn't care about his appearance anymore and yeah it was because of his drug use which is the tragedy. He lost his looks and his self respect to the drugs. And no, I'm not a top model but I won't leave my house without my hair washed and combed. I sure as hell wouldn't step on a stage without my hair washed and combed.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 am

lvs4evr wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:

i agree with ya , E.P. always did his very best to look great , especially in public.
His hair was went down and in some pics you can see it , but in most of the pics from 76-77 he had his hair washed and blowdryed billy smith touched upon this in ALL THE KINGS MEN series. ELVIS PRESLEY was allowed to have an off day . I just don't get it why must we tear down this GREAT HUMAN who brings us all joy , over petty things like his hair wasn't up to par??? Speaking of grease , EVEL KENIVEL was a bonified copy catter of ELVIS PRESLEY and said he was a fan of his , he even had to have the same car[blue stutz] , and kanevil was nevr worth a damn.

Elvis didn't have a few off days in 76 and 77 he had an almost off 2 years. He seemed to pull himself together at the end of 76 but the beginning of 77 he looked terrible. Look at the pictures from the February and March tours and tell me that Elvis looked good. If you think that then you are blind.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 am

He looked bad but not dirty. It's a crappy haircut for sure. Lot's of men still had bangs late 60's-early 70's but by 1977 they weren't in anymore at least like they had been a decade earlier. Still some men had them than and since then. Some pull it off. some don't.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:44 am

eligain wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:

i agree with ya , E.P. always did his very best to look great , especially in public.
His hair was went down and in some pics you can see it , but in most of the pics from 76-77 he had his hair washed and blowdryed billy smith touched upon this in ALL THE KINGS MEN series. ELVIS PRESLEY was allowed to have an off day . I just don't get it why must we tear down this GREAT HUMAN who brings us all joy , over petty things like his hair wasn't up to par??? Speaking of grease , EVEL KENIVEL was a bonified copy catter of ELVIS PRESLEY and said he was a fan of his , he even had to have the same car[blue stutz] , and kanevil was nevr worth a damn.

Elvis didn't have a few off days in 76 and 77 he had an almost off 2 years. He seemed to pull himself together at the end of 76 but the beginning of 77 he looked terrible. Look at the pictures from the February and March tours and tell me that Elvis looked good. If you think that then you are blind.
Again, you're shallow and your only goal is to rip Elvis apart by picking at every little, petty thing that doesn't really matter. Really? Get a new hobby and a life.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:

Again, you're shallow and your only goal is to rip Elvis apart by picking at every little, petty thing that doesn't really matter. Really? Get a new hobby and a life.

No. Eligain is just being realistic. Elvis looked horrible for most of 1976 and almost all of 1977. He should have never been on a stage during this period in the first place.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

[quote="Jokerlola"][quote="Elvisfan10"][quote="eligain"][quote="lvs4evr"][quote="Elvisfan10"][quote="eligain"][quote="Elvisfan10"][quote="eligain"]Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.[/quote]And you must be the next top model? :roll: Elvis was performing, his hair got messy and sweaty just like everyone else that performs, unless you expect the people back then to have stiff perfect hair that's more like concrete like today's performers. Oh no, his hair moved and he's dripping sweat! Can't you just feel the chaos ensuing? :|[/quote]

Another blind fan. I'm not talking about his hair getting messy during the performance, I'm talking about him walking out on stage with uncombed dirty, greasy hair. Look at pictures 3,4,5,7 and 8. Except for the CBS special, in 76 and all of 77, Elvis's hair was uncombed and usually greasy looking from the beginning of each show. For some reason he quit caring how he looked and quit combing his hair. From 69 to 76, Elvis's hair was usually impeccable and through the rest of 76 and all of 77, his hair was a mess. Then add on top of that his horrible physical condition and wearing suits that accentuated that physical condition instead of complimenting it and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry but as a long time Elvis fan (since 1972), there is nothing flattering about these pictures. He was a mess.[/quote] Wow, you personally watched him wash and comb his hair? :roll: I'm not a blind fan, you're just shallow. You must be the next top model or quite possibly the next top ugly duckling. His hair doesn't look greasy, messy and uncombed. I also don't think he looks messy in general. You must enjoy calling everyone with health issues messy, greasy, uncombed and all around sloppy.[/quote]
His hair was went down and in some pics you can see it , but in most of the pics from 76-77 he had his hair washed and blowdryed billy smith touched upon this in ALL THE KINGS MEN series. ELVIS PRESLEY was allowed to have an off day . I just don't get it why must we tear down this GREAT HUMAN who brings us all joy , over petty things like his hair wasn't up to par??? Speaking of grease , EVEL KENIVEL was a bonified copy catter of ELVIS PRESLEY and said he was a fan of his , he even had to have the same car[blue stutz] , and kanevil was nevr worth a damn.[/quote]

Elvis didn't have a few off days in 76 and 77 he had an almost off 2 years. He seemed to pull himself together at the end of 76 but the beginning of 77 he looked terrible. Look at the pictures from the February and March tours and tell me that Elvis looked good. If you think that then you are blind.[/quote] Again, you're shallow and your only goal is to rip Elvis apart by picking at every little, petty thing that doesn't really matter. Really? Get a new hobby and a life.[/quote]

No. Eligain is just being realistic. Elvis looked horrible for most of 1976 and almost all of 1977. He should have never been on a stage during this period in the first place.[/quote] I disagree 110%.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Elvisfan10 wrote:
Jokerlola wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:

No. Eligain is just being realistic. Elvis looked horrible for most of 1976 and almost all of 1977. He should have never been on a stage during this period in the first place.
I disagree 110%.

WOW!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Elvis just looked so tired and wrecked in those photos.

He should never have been performing at all in that condition. :cry:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:07 pm

eligain wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Bangs were in style at the time. Wasn't a good look for Elvis.

There was a popular hair product around that time - a spray called "Dry Look." Men were moving away from the wet hair tonics and starting to use hairspray. Anybody remember the Dry Look commercials?

Bangs weren't in style in 1977. The mop top look hadn't been in style since like 1966. "The Dry Look" was the new mainstream look for men in the early 70's. Before, most men used hair tonic and styling creams (greasy kid stuff) like Brylcream, Wild Root and Pomade. By 1977 most men had quit using the styling creams for a long time. "The Dry Look" was no longer a new fad.

phpBB [video]

By 77, the mutton chops were out of style and men's hair was getting shorter. Think Saturday Night Fever. Style wise, Elvis was very out of step.

I´m not a hair expert but in 1977 some very popular groups still had long hair like the guys in ABBA or Electric light orchestra. Yes, the punkers had short hair mostly, but I think the real short hair came with the the romantics/New wave in 1979-1981.

Elvis had a very nice haircut at his august 1974 season in Vegas.

Björn

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:37 pm

dreambear wrote:
eligain wrote:
elvisjock wrote:Bangs were in style at the time. Wasn't a good look for Elvis.

There was a popular hair product around that time - a spray called "Dry Look." Men were moving away from the wet hair tonics and starting to use hairspray. Anybody remember the Dry Look commercials?

Bangs weren't in style in 1977. The mop top look hadn't been in style since like 1966. "The Dry Look" was the new mainstream look for men in the early 70's. Before, most men used hair tonic and styling creams (greasy kid stuff) like Brylcream, Wild Root and Pomade. By 1977 most men had quit using the styling creams for a long time. "The Dry Look" was no longer a new fad.

phpBB [video]

By 77, the mutton chops were out of style and men's hair was getting shorter. Think Saturday Night Fever. Style wise, Elvis was very out of step.

I´m not a hair expert but in 1977 some very popular groups still had long hair like the guys in ABBA or Electric light orchestra. Yes, the punkers had short hair mostly, but I think the real short hair came with the the romantics/New wave in 1979-1981.

Elvis had a very nice haircut at his august 1974 season in Vegas.

Björn

Sure long hair was still in style but the mop top bangs Elvis was sporting in 76 and 77 with the huge mutton chops was not really still in style. If you look at old magazines from 76 and 77 you will start seeing the trend away from the mutton chops and a slightly cleaner, shorter hair length for men. I think that Elvis was probably using the long mutton chops and longer hair to off-set his bloated face at the time.

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Please post a large clear picture of yourself, Eligain, so that we can all find nice things to say about you. I think you owe us this opportunity to relieve our feelings.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Nice photos.

Would you be able to post the following one in high res?
Would be appreciated.

chet wrote:Image

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 am

chris j wrote:Please post a large clear picture of yourself, Eligain, so that we can all find nice things to say about you. I think you owe us this opportunity to relieve our feelings.

Here's a picture of me wearing Elvis's silver phoenix suit in 1977. Notice that my hair is clean and combed!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Not a bad fit! Was there much slack in the stomache? It doesn't seem too big on you and you seem pretty slim (back then).

How cool - you wore an Elvis jumpsuit - not many people will ever be able to make that claim.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Not a bad fit! Was there much slack in the stomache? It doesn't seem too big on you and you seem pretty slim (back then).

How cool - you wore an Elvis jumpsuit - not many people will ever be able to make that claim.

Kind of hard to remember but it was not snug in the waist. It was fairly loose.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:50 pm

I actually like the jumpsuit. It is not so "over the top" as some were. This jumpsuit certainly was not flattering as Elvis' weight increased. IMHO, I would have liked to have seen Elvis using more of the suits from March/April 1975 during the 76-77 period. I thought he looked good in them and they were, in their own way, quite flashy.

Never understood the hair bangs in 76-77.......

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:43 pm

PLEASE, tell the story of how you got to wear this jumpsuit!!

WOW!!
Indeed, a claim NOT that many people can say.

eligain wrote:
chris j wrote:Please post a large clear picture of yourself, Eligain, so that we can all find nice things to say about you. I think you owe us this opportunity to relieve our feelings.

Here's a picture of me wearing Elvis's silver phoenix suit in 1977. Notice that my hair is clean and combed!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:28 pm

eligain wrote:

Do you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of pulling Elvis's memory to pieces? I have been a fan all my life and I have never seen a photo of him looking unkempt, and in my understanding of the man it would go against the grain to appear on stage looking scruffy.
All I can say is Elvis on his worst day looked more masculine in that suit than you ever will. Get a life.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Never mind that.

It is much more interesting to hear how he got to wear Elvis' real suit!
What color rhinestones does the suit have?

Details, please.

mrst2b wrote:
Do you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of pulling Elvis's memory to pieces? I have been a fan all my life and I have never seen a photo of him looking unkempt, and in my understanding of the man it would go against the grain to appear on stage looking scruffy.
All I can say is Elvis on his worst day looked more masculine in that suit than you ever will. Get a life.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 am

mrst2b wrote:Do you get some sort of sick enjoyment out of pulling Elvis's memory to pieces? I have been a fan all my life and I have never seen a photo of him looking unkempt, and in my understanding of the man it would go against the grain to appear on stage looking scruffy.

Is there any reason to react that harsh? If you haven't seen any picture of Elvis unkempt you really haven't seen that much from '76 and '77. There's no reason to whitewash history as the truth can be seen on thousand pictures made in the summer of '76 and '77. Probably you're the one who should try to grow up and face reality. It doesn't take anything away from his legacy otherwise we weren't talking and discussing the man more than 30 years after his untimely death.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 am

These photo's don't capture Elvis in his prime that is certain, however we should try to be gracious in our humble opinion of a man who lost his way.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:09 am

mrst2b wrote:
eligain wrote:

Dude. I was 16. I never claimed to look better than Elvis. You need to get a life!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:46 am

merry77 wrote:Never mind that.

It is much more interesting to hear how he got to wear Elvis' real suit!
What color rhinestones does the suit have?

Details, please.

mrst2b wrote:

Elvis donated the suit in the summer of 1977 to the Holy Family Catholic Church to be raffled for charity at the Holy Family Bizarre in July. Holy Family is the church that Elvis attended the funeral service for the brother of one of his Denver police buddies (Ron Pietrofesso). They also raffled off the pew he sat in! Anyway, the week before the Bizarre, a group from the Denver Elvis fan club came to see the suit. I happened to be working a part time summer job at the church and I was asked to bring out the suit. After holding and showing the suit to everyone, one of the ladies asked me to put it on. At first I said no but they insisted so I wound up putting it on. The suit was really heavy! There was no belt though.

Image[/quote]
Image[/quote]