Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: march 6th 1974

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:14 pm

lvs4evr wrote:what a total crazy thing to say/write... this is one fan who sympathises with ya.

I agree. Chet has every right to be upset about this.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
promiseland wrote:
chet wrote:just to let you know rizzy i own over 20,000 photos of elvis and have the negs to over half of them i posted them where i thought they were safe to see and enjoy not to copy all of them and post them and for you to take the credit for them is just wrong, so i am talking all 3000 of them off the other site because i dont need you take and post them have a great day and i am sure they will all thank you for doing this

I think what chet is saying is that he posted these pics on another site and that FECC isn't good enough for him to have posted them here even though he's been a member since 2003
,,, well guess what chet ? ... WE ALL HAVE THEM NOW!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .. and thank you rizzy for sharing them with us here :smt023 ....Bye chet have a great day :smt006

what a total crazy thing to say/write , CHET i really hope you find a better place yo store your pics , those that don't pay for such things have no idea. I also have bin an avid photo collector , and a member of many ELVIS photo clubs durring the years. It does cost quite a bit as it did back in the day to buy photo sets never mind buying negatives .
I sure hope CHET that maybe you can recoop the loss by maybe publishing your own book , till then this is one fan who sympathises with ya.

i wonder how many folks can recoop their money from what he posted on this other site? videos books and so on!
and alot of the pictures i posted here i have been Collectin from sites books over the years....

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:04 pm

The fool wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:what a total crazy thing to say/write... this is one fan who sympathises with ya.

i dont care i have no problems sharing elvis with fellow fans.. but you need to undersdtand onething chet is a hypocrite! he was mr happy upload on this other site i wont name.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:14 am

lvs4evr wrote:many other serious collectors are taking note... and will not be sharing anything with... THE ELVIS WORLD...

This is so unfortunate, but true.

As for these Montgomery photos... I bought the whole set several years ago. Which means I paid a reasonable amount of money for it. So, I know where these photos originally come from. Someone else bought them as well, shared them with his/her friends, who shared them with some of his/her Elvis friends, who... And then, all of a sudden, they are here on this forum.

I don´t mind about sharing, but this is just ridiculous. Of course, it is great to receive everything without ever paying anything for it. And now many of you did. So don´t blame Chet for being upset about this. After all, he was the one who gave these photos to you after all. He paid for them, you just got them all for free.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

If there is more then one copy then it WILL come out!
Just a matter of time.

And I find this hypocrit, paying money for a copy of a slide and then getting upset if they are posted somewhere.
You have an option not to buy them. If you paid money for a negativ and hence the accompanying copyrights. Yes then you have a reason to be upset. But again, the people who took them sold more then one photo of them. So there are more copies out there. So they will pop up everywhere. Nothing that can be done about it.
If you don't like that, then don't buy photos.

The fool wrote:As for these Montgomery photos... I bought the whole set several years ago. Which means I paid a reasonable amount of money for it.

Why not publish a book with these photos several years ago when they weren't around in abundance?
I would have paid (and still would pay) for a book with good photos. This set certainly could fill a WHOLE book!

The fool wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:many other serious collectors are taking note... and will not be sharing anything with... THE ELVIS WORLD...

As for these Montgomery photos... I bought the whole set several years ago. Which means I paid a reasonable amount of money for it. So, I know where these photos originally come from. Someone else bought them as well, shared them with his/her friends, who shared them with some of his/her Elvis friends, who... And then, all of a sudden, they are here on this forum.

I don´t mind about sharing, but this is just ridiculous. Of course, it is great to receive everything without ever paying anything for it. And now many of you did. So don´t blame Chet for being upset about this. After all, he was the one who gave these photos to you after all. He paid for them, you just got them all for free.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:06 pm

The fool wrote:

first off he never gave me these pictures..2nd he posted them on another site that is not so private, 3rd alot of these pictures can be found around the internet.
here is the funny thing about all of this if i posted aset of pictures that neither you or chet have i would not hear one word of complaint from neither of you.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 pm

lvs4evr wrote:i can understand posting a couple , but all of them is just crazy. I now understand why many collectors don't share their ELVIS gems , especially on the net , can you imagine if this was some super 8mm film that was never seen before and ened up on the net and then later have some guy boot the film and charge fans for the film?

its ashame that it is not super 8mm footage because there is alot of fans out there that cant efford dvd's books.
thats the problem with alot of collectors ''what if some1 makes money out of what i have'' Like merry77 said..do it before they do and give us all the chance to see what you got.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:17 pm

merry77 wrote:If there is more then one copy then it WILL come out!
Just a matter of time.

And I find this hypocrit, paying money for a copy of a slide and then getting upset if they are posted somewhere.
You have an option not to buy them. If you paid money for a negativ and hence the accompanying copyrights. Yes then you have a reason to be upset. But again, the people who took them sold more then one photo of them. So there are more copies out there. So they will pop up everywhere. Nothing that can be done about it.
If you don't like that, then don't buy photos.

The fool wrote:As for these Montgomery photos... I bought the whole set several years ago. Which means I paid a reasonable amount of money for it.

Why not publish a book with these photos several years ago when they weren't around in abundance?
I would have paid (and still would pay) for a book with good photos. This set certainly could fill a WHOLE book!

The fool wrote:

Thankyou mate

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
The fool wrote:

i dont care i have no problems sharing elvis with fellow fans.. but you need to undersdtand onething chet is a hypocrite! he was mr happy upload on this other site i wont name.

HAD you bin in his shoes a collector for over 40 years and know how hard it was to work and save to amass a photo collection - writing pen pals having to pay contacts in other cities who just finished taking photos , and decided to sell to him etc, you would feel the same way rizzy. Yeah it sure is easy to take someones photos and post them all in the name of sharing , just to win yourself some friends. I guaratee you that many other serious collectors are taking note of what you have done and will not be sharing anything with you and possibly THE ELVIS WORLD for that matter.

You need to put up the crack pipe for a minute and come to reality , First off rizzy just posted the pictures here that were already posted for the world to see at another site It's not like he has them on ebay selling copies . It was ok for chet to post them for EVERYONE to see at another web site but FECC is not alowed to see them??? Like rizzy said he is a Hypocrit when he puts up pictures for people to easily hit "save as" and then cry like a baby because someone posted them here at a place hes been a member at since 2003!!! just to look at the same way they were posted there .
You all need to lay off rizzy I can read he other topics where you all was kissing his ass for all the other great pics he posted till someone starts crying .

I can see if he was selling them but damn grow up people if chet didn't want them out he shouldn't have put them on the WORLD WIDE WEB! Damn!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 am

Good on you Rizzy,stick to your guns and keep sharing

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Just how many shots did George Hill take at this show? I think there were about 200 shots in this thread, and I still was able to find a few different ones in my "collection"...what I would love to see would be photos by someone else from this Montgomery show, nice as these Hill photos are. Different angles, and all that...Let's hope we get to see such photos someday; I know they're out there... :smt023

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 pm

promiseland wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
The fool wrote:

HAD you bin in his shoes a collector for over 40 years and know how hard it was to work and save to amass a photo collection - writing pen pals having to pay contacts in other cities who just finished taking photos , and decided to sell to him etc, you would feel the same way rizzy. Yeah it sure is easy to take someones photos and post them all in the name of sharing , just to win yourself some friends. I guaratee you that many other serious collectors are taking note of what you have done and will not be sharing anything with you and possibly THE ELVIS WORLD for that matter.

You need to put up the crack pipe for a minute and come to reality , First off rizzy just posted the pictures here that were already posted for the world to see at another site It's not like he has them on ebay selling copies . It was ok for chet to post them for EVERYONE to see at another web site but FECC is not alowed to see them??? Like rizzy said he is a Hypocrit when he puts up pictures for people to easily hit "save as" and then cry like a baby because someone posted them here at a place hes been a member at since 2003!!! just to look at the same way they were posted there .
You all need to lay off rizzy I can read he other topics where you all was kissing his ass for all the other great pics he posted till someone starts crying .

I can see if he was selling them but damn grow up people if chet didn't want them out he shouldn't have put them on the WORLD WIDE WEB! Damn!

::rocks

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:20 pm

keninlincs wrote:Good on you Rizzy,stick to your guns and keep sharing

Thanks ken :D

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Just how many shots did George Hill take at this show? I think there were about 200 shots in this thread, and I still was able to find a few different ones in my "collection"...what I would love to see would be photos by someone else from this Montgomery show, nice as these Hill photos are. Different angles, and all that...Let's hope we get to see such photos someday; I know they're out there... :smt023

I think i did read some where that there is something like 600 pics of this show cant be sure...but i am sure one of the collectors will tell us.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 pm

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Just how many shots did George Hill take at this show? I think there were about 200 shots in this thread, and I still was able to find a few different ones in my "collection"...what I would love to see would be photos by someone else from this Montgomery show, nice as these Hill photos are. Different angles, and all that...Let's hope we get to see such photos someday; I know they're out there... :smt023

I have 239 photos from this show, these 239 photos are taken by George Hill and was sold by Derek Phillips who is the person that owns the copyrights to them. When George Hill sold his photos he sold sets that was with different photos than it is in the Derek Phillips sets, so my guess is that it is around 250 George Hill photos among us fans from that show. I dont think anyone have 600 photos from this show....

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

kenny wrote:

I have 239 photos from this show, these 239 photos are taken by George Hill and was sold by Derek Phillips who is the person that owns the copyrights to them. When George Hill sold his photos he sold sets that was with different photos than it is in the Derek Phillips sets, so my guess is that it is around 250 George Hill photos among us fans from that show. I dont think anyone have 600 photos from this show....

kenny i did say i had read it some where..but when you look at the photos alot of them are took seconds apart..mr hill was not sparing the film in his camera at the time....but you maybe right when taking in account of other shows

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
promiseland wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
The fool wrote:

first off maybe you should put that crack pipe DOWN and realise that the topic is this , that these photos belong to chet and he can do whatever he wants with them , so they were posted on another site , it was up to chet if he wanted to post all of them here. Iys people and behaviour like this that make the collectors and owners not want to share these goodies. I'll just bet if rizzy had taken these photos and done the same as chet , he would not be a happy camper, i still side with chet. What a great thing chet did for all the members of the other board by posting these great pics , not to mention the money he lost and the money they saved in buying them, and then this happens , c'mon ehh!

It seems these photo's belong to afew on here....Oh dear they may not make money now..what to do........first off they should be more pissed off at chet than me for he is the one that put them on the WWW .....oh but i hear nothing about what he was sharing with others on this other site.......are you amember of this site lvs4evr?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
promiseland wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:
The fool wrote:

first off maybe you should put that crack pipe DOWN and realise that the topic is this , that these photos belong to chet and he can do whatever he wants with them , so they were posted on another site , it was up to chet if he wanted to post all of them here. Iys people and behaviour like this that make the collectors and owners not want to share these goodies. I'll just bet if rizzy had taken these photos and done the same as chet , he would not be a happy camper, i still side with chet. What a great thing chet did for all the members of the other board by posting these great pics , not to mention the money he lost and the money they saved in buying them, and then this happens , c'mon ehh!

It seems these photo's belong to afew on here....Oh dear they may not make money now..what to do........first off they should be more pissed off at chet than me for he is the one that put them on the WWW .....oh but i hear nothing about what he was sharing with others on this other site.......are you amember of this site lvs4evr?

if you let me know what site i will let you know , i've nothing to hide rizzy. So if you can't let me know here than pm me the name of the site. I can only say this , and that is that chet has every right to be angry , i mean did you have to post all the photos ? just to win over some friends , i hate to see what you are going to have to do for an encore. Please keep in mind just because something is on the net does not make it yours .

let me tell you this he took all off this other site, and thats not the only one.......by the way i do not post pictures on here to make friends..i am not that sad...i only do so for the fans that have no money too buy books prints or what so ever. and if i mke friends from that great.....to be honest you seem more hurt about these pictures than chet does.....

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:55 pm

ohh i never said they were mind...but how the hell do you know if i did notbuy these also...if so all i done by posting was upset the others that have them also.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:36 pm

I think this set of photos is awesome and I commend Rizzy for bringing them to the forum because, without him doing so with these and many others he has posted, we would never get to see them. They were already posted on the net, therefore in the public domain so in my eyes Rizzy has done nothing wrong. If it wasn't him, someone else would of done it....and, hand on heart Chet, have you never clicked ' save image as ' with someone else's photos?

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Awesome pictures..!

I don't see the problem of sharing photos. If I had a large photo collection I would have shared every photo.. I posted some picture a couple of years ago and I scanned every single piece. But if you want to make a business out of it, I understand that you don't want them spread around.

Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:ohh i never said they were mind...but how the hell do you know if i did notbuy these also...if so all i done by posting was upset the others that have them also.

i'm positive you did not buy these photo sets , if you did you would not post the amount you did. Oh yeah i'm still waiting for you to name the site :smt006 , i don't see the big secrecy if you do , is it against the forum rules or something?

first off i told chet to ask the mods on here to have my postes removed....and if i do i have these pictures or not... what can you kenny or the others say about them been posted on here? let me guess...ohhh how do i make money from all these elvis fans...go to any site and you will see these pictures already...alot f collectors on here love to give ataste of what they have and then bang here is this great book with two unseen pictures from them.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 am

lvs4evr wrote:
rizzy56 wrote:ohh i never said they were mind...but how the hell do you know if i did notbuy these also...if so all i done by posting was upset the others that have them also.

i'm positive you did not buy these photo sets , if you did you would not post the amount you did. Oh yeah i'm still waiting for you to name the site :smt006 , i don't see the big secrecy if you do , is it against the forum rules or something?

just been nosey here what kind of collector are you and what do you have...you made it your point to huge this thread more than chet...come on share with us...personly i think you are full of sh*t ....but hey your full of it kepp on sucking.
Last edited by rizzy56 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 am

Exactly ... I don't think it is good to post 300 photos from the same concert. Maybe I'm wrong but this section was not about posting hundreds and hundreds of photos, it was about posting new photos declaring always the source the best of our knowledge.

As Scott says maybe there are other angles , or other concerts ...

Maybe it is me but this section has changed a lot ..