Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 60s candids

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:52 am

Only the 2nd time I've seen this first one. It's a nice picture, Sonny's got a better tan than Elvis. As in picture 2 and 3, August 1965 on the set of "Paradise Hawaiian Style" In this first picture with Joe, Richard, Elvis and Sonny isn't that Sue Wiegert?

The bottom two I've always believed were taken outside the Memphian in May1966?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 am

Some new ones for me,thanks for posting

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

ALL of these pics (I think) are in the new costly tome "King of Hawaii" and ALL have been published before in previous books.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:12 am

The bottom two were taken in MAY 1965 !!! i had the exactly date but lost it somehow...it was between 20-25 \ 5 \ 1965.........it was taken after elvis have been told that there are some fans outside really want to see him and take autographes...he was sleeping and he put his blue shirt and white jacket and went to them and sign on a copy of the GIRL HAPPY LP, wish i had it.... :wink:
it was during the recording sessions week of Frankie & Johnny
:smt006
sincerely
Lior

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:04 pm

california boy wrote:The bottom two were taken in MAY 1965 !!! i had the exactly date but lost it somehow...it was between 20-25 \ 5 \ 1965.........it was taken after elvis have been told that there are some fans outside really want to see him and take autographes...he was sleeping and he put his blue shirt and white jacket and went to them and sign on a copy of the GIRL HAPPY LP, wish i had it.... :wink:
sincerely
Lior

Makes sense, thanks Loir. Here is another from the same day, note Elvis is wearing his Tree of Life pendant, Sean Shaver has this dated May 16th 1963 which of course can't be possible because of the pendant as well as the "Girl Happy" album.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Wow, all new to me. Thanks!

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm

california boy wrote:The bottom two were taken in MAY 1965 !!! i had the exactly date but lost it somehow...it was between 20-25 \ 5 \ 1965.........it was taken after elvis have been told that there are some fans outside really want to see him and take autographes...he was sleeping and he put his blue shirt and white jacket and went to them and sign on a copy of the GIRL HAPPY LP, wish i had it.... :wink:
sincerely
Lior

Correct, the two last photos were taken in May 1965. I'm not at home right now but I have the exact date at home. They were taken out in Hollywood, NOT outside of the memphian in Memphis as suggested above. I believe at Elvis' Perugia Way home but I'm not 100% sure without consulting my photo-collection.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:58 pm

bripet56 wrote:
sincerely
Lior

Correct, the two last photos were taken in May 1965. I'm not at home right now but I have the exact date at home. They were taken out in Hollywood, NOT outside of the memphian in Memphis as suggested above. I believe at Elvis' Perugia Way home but I'm not 100% sure without consulting my photo-collection.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Thank you Brian, ill wait for the correct date :) lets see if i was right that thaose candids are from between the 20-25 of May 1965 :)
wonderful day
Lior

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 pm

california boy wrote:Thank you Brian, ill wait for the correct date :) lets see if i was right that thaose candids are from between the 20-25 of May 1965 :)
wonderful day
Lior

Well, you were pretty close my friend.
The date is May 16, 1965 outside of Elvis' Perugia Way home as I suspected.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:41 am

bripet56 wrote:
california boy wrote:Thank you Brian, ill wait for the correct date :) lets see if i was right that thaose candids are from between the 20-25 of May 1965 :)
wonderful day
Lior

Well, you were pretty close my friend.
The date is May 16, 1965 outside of Elvis' Perugia Way home as I suspected.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Thank you very much Brian my friend :) May 16 is the date, ill write it . The Frankie & Johnny recording sessions were on the 13th , 14th and 15th of May...i remembered it was taken at the same week :wink:
thanks again, have a wonderful day
Sincerely
Lior :smt006

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 am

Wow, how beautiful!!! Thanks!

::rocks

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:53 am

Yes. The Tree Of Life was a gift to Elvis on his 30th Birthday from the MM. (1965).

Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:03 am

Kingcandids wrote:Yes. The Tree Of Life was a gift to Elvis on his 30th Birthday from the MM. (1965).

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 am

What a lucky girls!! Thank you friends for the beautiful and rare photos ....
:wink:

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 am

dolly Presley wrote:What a lucky girls!! Thank you friends for the beautiful and rare photos ....
:wink:

They were very lucky girls indeed :) :smt006