1974 SEP with friends policemans

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

paulsweeney

Re: 1974 SEP with friends policemans

Post by paulsweeney »

Ayonna wrote:Hello all,

My family was talking about Sept 27,1974 over the Christmas holiday. And I let out a scream when I found this picture!! My father is "Smokey" Thompson and this long lost picture gave him the biggest joy yesterday. These photos were taken with my Dad's camera and he made copies for everyone in the photo. He had some of his photos in his trunk when he was in a nearly fatal car accident during a police pursuit (he was with Prince George's County, Maryland Police Department). Unfortunately, everything Elvis was stolen from the police car before it made it back to the police station, including his copies of these pictures. So you can imagine his happiness at seeing this, right?!

We were tickled to hear Elvis talking about punching the holes in the walls as one of the pics shows him in his karate stance before making the hole! He was also shocked to see the caption. Only a few people called him "Smokey Joe" vs. Smokey so he knows a friend shared their copies with the site. We are hoping there are more of the photos from that night...including the photo of Elvis holding me as a baby.

Does anyone have more photos from that night??? It would mean so much to us all.
Thanks!
Ayonna Thompson
ADThompson89@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing this story. The Doc has sent you in the right direction for photos with the link he posted.

I'd also be interested in hearing your dad's thoughts on how Elvis was that day.

Happy New Year to you, your dad and the rest of the family.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk